Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
Next time you have a few small items on your list you can go in and seek out a SA you like - the one you like best of the three, or the one who is available when you are. (You need to ask them which days and hours they work, if they have a set schedule that works with yours.) Then ask to make a follow up appointment for the next item you are interested in. After a while you may be able to text them as well. If you give one person your sales, they are going to encourage you to come back to them.

Thank you!

Reactions: westcoastgal
I am sure this is discussed elsewhere but searched and couldn’t find. I sometimes travel outside of the country and of course like to check H in that country and grab cool treasures. Often they are treasures that I wasn’t specifically looking for but love and don’t want to wait until I get home to see if my SA can source. Is it taboo to share with my SA my treasure. I have a great SA so don’t want to damage our interaction. Example-I just got the cool Verso bourdeaux jypsiere in swift while in Italy but I had not requested that from my home store... is it weird to discuss my purchase with her? Please direct me to other threads addressing similar topics. Thanks

I am sure this is discussed elsewhere but searched and couldn’t find. I sometimes travel outside of the country and of course like to check H in that country and grab cool treasures. Often they are treasures that I wasn’t specifically looking for but love and don’t want to wait until I get home to see if my SA can source. Is it taboo to share with my SA my treasure. I have a great SA so don’t want to damage our interaction. Example-I just got the cool Verso bourdeaux jypsiere in swift while in Italy but I had not requested that from my home store... is it weird to discuss my purchase with her? Please direct me to other threads addressing similar topics. Thanks

Can I be honest with you? I hope this doesn’t come off as too blunt, but frankly speaking I think you are over thinking here. Each store is like a cornucopia of treasure and more so when you travel, the window displays, the store layout, merchandising, in-store events/animations all adds to the experience, this is the enchantment of Hermès. It is an unrealistic notion to source items through a single SA to ‘maintain a relationship’ and any SA worth their job will understand that. I’m sure your SA would be delighted to share your joy of scoring such a beautiful bag during your travels. I do this with my SA all the time, and sometimes I show pictures I’ve taken of the store and then we talk about products which would complement my new purchase. Shopping should be an organic enjoyable process and not fraught with stress over what your SA might think of purchases not sourced through them.

Can I be honest with you? I hope this doesn’t come off as too blunt, but frankly speaking I think you are over thinking here. Each store is like a cornucopia of treasure and more so when you travel, the window displays, the store layout, merchandising, in-store events/animations all adds to the experience, this is the enchantment of Hermès. It is an unrealistic notion to source items through a single SA to ‘maintain a relationship’ and any SA worth their job will understand that. I’m sure your SA would be delighted to share your joy of scoring such a beautiful bag during your travels. I do this with my SA all the time, and sometimes I show pictures I’ve taken of the store and then we talk about products which would complement my new purchase. Shopping should be an organic enjoyable process and not fraught with stress over what your SA might think of purchases not sourced through them.
Thank you! That was my initial thought but somehow I got caught up in my head!

@JA_UK @mauihappyplace In fact my SA specifically told me if I see something I like, to buy it wherever that may be, "At Hermès we believe the client should shop when and where they want." He will always track down something if I need it but told me not to worry about consolidating purchases through him.

And of course different stores have different stocks by definition as the managers individually order for each location so there is a true treasure hunt!!

I would love some input.

I have been shopping with my sales associate for about 6 months and buy something every month from her. I have not yet received an offer for a wishlist item. The items I have bought I do like and appreciate. I am at the point where I could have bought a kelly with all that I have spent. Should I try building a relationship at a different boutique?

I think she is very efficient but I don’t feel like we have a great rapport. She is a senior sales associate and has a lot of clients. I feel I’m on the bottom of the totem pole with her.
Last week my friend and I went in and she was not there. So my friend bought a belt and shawl from another associate. He asked if there was anything else we needed. I jokingly said a kelly or Constance. He said he could give me a call very soon for the Constance I want. So does this mean I should switch sales associates if he comes through with this bag? I’ve asked my regular associate for this Constance and she said it’s a tough one. This sales associate said because he is newer his store manager gives him stuff for clients first so he can build relationships. Thanks for reading and any advice!

I would love some input.

I have been shopping with my sales associate for about 6 months and buy something every month from her. I have not yet received an offer for a wishlist item. The items I have bought I do like and appreciate. I am at the point where I could have bought a kelly with all that I have spent. Should I try building a relationship at a different boutique?

I think she is very efficient but I don’t feel like we have a great rapport. She is a senior sales associate and has a lot of clients. I feel I’m on the bottom of the totem pole with her.
Last week my friend and I went in and she was not there. So my friend bought a belt and shawl from another associate. He asked if there was anything else we needed. I jokingly said a kelly or Constance. He said he could give me a call very soon for the Constance I want. So does this mean I should switch sales associates if he comes through with this bag? I’ve asked my regular associate for this Constance and she said it’s a tough one. This sales associate said because he is newer his store manager gives him stuff for clients first so he can build relationships. Thanks for reading and any advice!

If you feel that you like the new SA better and he delivers results, go ahead and switch SAs. If your old SA has a lot of clients.....and they are VIPs (and you're not), you will get offered last.....if you get any offer for highly coveted items at all.

@JA_UK @mauihappyplace In fact my SA specifically told me if I see something I like, to buy it wherever that may be, "At Hermès we believe the client should shop when and where they want." He will always track down something if I need it but told me not to worry about consolidating purchases through him.

And of course different stores have different stocks by definition as the managers individually order for each location so there is a true treasure hunt!!
Just like you said ( and what I hoped) was happy to see that I had gotten a cool jypsiere! And then we unboxed my new C24

I would love some input.

Most effective way is to speak to your sa
You must let them know how you feel
Try this first to see if it works
If your sa still ignore it
Then changing sa is essential

Reactions: Mtsbb1229
Shopping should be an organic enjoyable process and not fraught with stress over what your SA might think of purchases not sourced through them.
Exactly! I can see that this relationship thing is becoming a source of anxiety with many members here. Also I am not at all sure that EU SA’s work on commission or worry that much about any purchase we make. They may have broad targets to meet, but a lot of the focus is on client service.

I must add this thread was extremely helpful earlier in the year on the tip to consolidate purchases through a main SA, not for better B/K/C chances but for better customer service generally.

In doing so I was more forthcoming with my admiration and experience with the brand over +15yrs. And that mindset made spending time in my home store more enjoyable, and, surprisingly more enjoyable experiences in other stores! As a side effect I've spent more money at H, pleasurably!

With the amount of alternatives (trip to Paris, resale sites, consignment stores) I know if I really want something there is always a way. But tbh I just love shopping lol

Hi all. I’m in a similar situation as
@floridamama. I have been shopping with my SA for about 5 months. He is very efficient on getting other items for me, except the bags on my wishlist. Our conversation seems unnatural every time I visit the store. Wonder if I should change to a different SA. How do you even go about switching? I don’t want it to be awkward every time I go back to the store. Does anyone have experience switching SAs? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

Hi all. I’m in a similar situation as
@floridamama. I have been shopping with my SA for about 5 months. He is very efficient on getting other items for me, except the bags on my wishlist. Our conversation seems unnatural every time I visit the store. Wonder if I should change to a different SA. How do you even go about switching? I don’t want it to be awkward every time I go back to the store. Does anyone have experience switching SAs? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.
I was so dissatisfied with my first SA that I just went in one day and had someone else helped me. I thought my first SA wasn’t there but she was actually downstairs. She had a somewhat surprised face but I ended up with a wonderful SA. You just gotta do what you gotta do.