Madonna

So true.

Also, everyone knows her complexion is a result of constant lasers and trips to the doctor, so why would I think I could improve my skin with a jar of her cream?

Totally get where you're coming from @Jayne1 but I read something on Lainey which made sense, in essence it was this: sure Madonna has had a sh*t ton of work done, botox, fillers etc BUT does that mean she doesn't know about good skin care products? It probably means she knows A LOT because she's invested in her face looking good (or what she thinks looks good). Here's the full quote from LaineyGossip - it gave me something to think about anyhow...

Anyway, some people are wondering, since Madonna’s had so many procedures – probably a lot of Botox and injections etc – if she should be the one to tell us about skin. The way I see it is that there’s nobody more obsessed with her skin than Madonna. Like, even people who get Botox and injections have to take care of their skin. In fact, I wonder if those people might take care of their skin even more. Because Botox and injections, for them, in combination with all kinds of exclusive and sometimes expensive products, is the way they maintain their faces. I’m not sure anyone who gets injected regularly leaves the clinic and is all like, oh now I don’t have to moisturise and put on antioxidants and do my eye cream at night for another 3 months until my next Botox appointment! If anything they’re using even more moisturiser and 8 different kinds of serum to protect the results of the Botox. My point is – Madonna can be an expert at plastic surgery AND at skin care products. Would you like her to be more forthcoming about how her products work WITH all the other treatments – invasive or otherwise – that she gets? That’s a different conversation. The conversation here is whether or not she knows her sh-t when it comes to masks and lotions and serums and etc. Why wouldn’t she? She’s been trying to find the magic potion for 30 years.

And the reason why she made her own line (which I totally get, nothing annoys me more when I've found my HG product and it gets canned)

“I got really tired and fed up of years and years of performing, being onstage, being filmed, being photographed and always having to grab one product and then another one, and then another one,” she explains. “And as soon as I liked a product it was discontinued. It always happens to me. When I liked a product they stopped making it. So that was really the germ of what started this whole process of why I wanted to create skin care.”

Source: http://www.laineygossip.com/madonna-launches-skincare-line-mdna/48045

I looked at the web site for her skincare line and it looks gimmicky to me. It will attract people who are quick to shell out their money for the latest trend. One of the products that is featured the most is the clay mask. It costs over $200 but it needs to be removed with a "skin rejuvenator" which is a special device that will magnetically pull the mask off of your face. You can buy the mask, the magnet tool, and a serum for $600. No thanks, Madonna! :rolleyes:

For anyone who is interested:
http://www.mdnaskin.com/global/product01.html

Reactions: kkfiregirl
She does take care of her skin I'm sure. It when you get Botox and fillers they plump your skin and freeze wrinkly areas. The wrinkles are still there. They're just sort of filled in so they're not visible.

She's no stranger to turning heads with her attention-grabbing stage outfits.

But Madonna seemed determined not to be recognized as she arrived at New York's JFK airport to catch a flight on Monday.

The Material Girl hitmaker, 59, kept a low-profile as she covered up in a black hoodie, matching sweats and black and white Adidas trainers.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...s-NY-s-JFK-athleisure-gear.html#ixzz4uU8VoLxb
44F6A94000000578-4941868-image-a-31_1506967483691.jpg

44F6AA3D00000578-4941868-image-a-32_1506967584667.jpg

44F80F0000000578-4941868-Setting_the_tone_for_the_day_The_feisty_star_posted_this_snap_ca-m-35_1506968465445.jpg

She relocated her family to Portugal earlier this year to help her son David, 12, with his flourishing football career.

But Madonna was flying solo as she enjoyed an exhilarating horseback ride on the beach in the village of Comporta on Sunday.

The singer, 59, looked youthful with her blonde hair in braids as she sported chic equestrian wear for her sporty day out.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...back-riding-beach-Portugal.html#ixzz4vN44HlFC
45447F7B00000578-0-image-m-48_1507834291823.jpg

45447D9500000578-4975160-image-a-37_1507843604871.jpg

45447E4100000578-0-image-m-49_1507834473185.jpg

45447FCC00000578-4975160-Madonna_seemed_relaxed_while_taking_in_her_peaceful_surroundings-m-42_1507843759776.jpg

4544801A00000578-0-image-m-90_1507835533932.jpg

454480D200000578-0-image-m-67_1507834955255.jpg

4544810700000578-4975160-Not_holding_her_back_But_Madonna_hasn_t_let_her_incidents_slow_h-a-40_1507843626372.jpg

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/madonna-kids-visit-jean-michel-basquiat-art-barbican-london

Madonna Visits Ex-Boyfriend Jean-Michel Basquiat's Paintings with Her Kids

Out of all the mysterious celebrity unions that have transpired, Madonna and Jean-Michel Basquiat's would probably definitely crack the top 10. Back in 1982, the two icons briefly dated, just as they were both on the brink of mainstream fame. While their relationship fizzled out fast, it's stayed the subject of speculation over the past few decades—most recently, as a result of Madonna's latest Instagram posts. Today, the pop artist shared a few photos from a trip she took to visit her late ex-boyfriend's work, joined by her two adopted daughters Stella and Estere, who have become adorable staples on her Instagram.

"Apocryphal. ............JMB ♥️," she cryptically captioned one photo of herself, referencing the biblical term which means "writings or statements of dubious authenticity," perhaps a jab at the many rumors that have stemmed from their union. In the photo, Madonna stands in front of a Basquiat piece that shows her name with an "X" through it.

22885855_1963732293653476_8864949054575495348_n.jpg

"Estere Stands stall in front of Fab Five Freddy! ," Madonna captioned another photo from her field trip to the Barbican Centre in London, which depicted hip-hop pioneer and Basquiat collaborator Fab 5 Freddy, most famously name-checked by Debbie Harry in Blondie's 1980 chart-topper "Rapture." "Because she knows.....,,,,,,,,,,,#epictimes"

Madonna also shared a GIF of Stella and Estere running in front of another work of art by Basquiat, with the caption, "My Past meets My Present!! JMB ♥️ #legend."

Last year, Madonna commented specifically on her past with Basquiat, telling Interview, “I remember getting up in the middle of the night and he wouldn’t be in bed lying next to me; he’d be standing, painting, at four in the morning, this close to the canvas, in a trance. I was blown away by that, that he worked when he felt moved.” The singer turned beauty mogul also shared some details from their breakup in another interview with Howard Stern, as Artnet News reported. “He wouldn’t stop doing heroin. He was an amazing man and deeply talented, I loved him,” she said. “When I broke up with him he made me give [the paintings he gave me] back to him. And then he painted over them black.”

Madonna has sparked controversy byposting a photo of herself dressed in army camouflage fatigues with military police in Rio de Janeiro.

The image, taken in the Rocinha favela, was posted on Instagram and Twitter on Wednesday, two days after officers shot dead a Spanish tourist as she was leaving the slum.

The Material Girl singer captioned the photo: 'Tried to give me ticket on my way to the moon!' followed a moon emoji.

It prompted an immediate reaction with social media users accusing Madonna of glamorizing violence and poverty in Brazilian slums and glorifying the police.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sting-photo-Brazilian-slum.html#ixzz4xAHJOAoB
45C4CAB200000578-5026787-image-m-11_1509198172302.jpg

45C4CAB600000578-5026787-image-m-18_1509198310552.jpg

45C4CABC00000578-5026787-image-m-20_1509198340570.jpg

22688542_10155760946609402_3575849992946815059_n.jpg

22730405_10155761043659402_5460900175011461501_n.jpg

https://www.vogue.com/article/madonna-mdna-skin-care-line-health-japan-beauty-advice
The Perfect 24-Hour Spa Day Involves This, According to Madonna

“You have M from MDNASkin.com,” is how Madonna answers the phone while doing press for her new skin-care line out of Japan, MDNA, named after her 12th studio album, which was named after the pop icon herself. Cutting right to the chase—you’d expect nothing less from a music legend and cultural symbol who has made a career out of self-empowerment—she delves right into the eight-product line that now includes a light, water-based finishing cream that is packed with hydrating ceramides and derived from the shimmering mineral mica. It is the culmination of a life spent on the road, she says, where much activity and little sleep is had. After all, good products, sleep, and water are the answer to perfect skin: “Juice is not water! Water is water!” says the 59-year-old, her enthusiasm making way for her Midwestern accent.

The sun-conscious, Michigan-born mogul, who now has six children, the eldest of which is Lourdes Leon, 21—“I have dreams of her laying out by the pool without wearing any sunscreen and I go ballistic,” she says—prides herself on having always taken care of her skin, even when she was a broke artist just starting out on Manhattan’s Lower East Side. “When I was making the transition from dance to music, I would save the little money I had and get a facial on Seventh Street, sandwiched in between all of the punk stores, once every couple of weeks,” she says. “I don’t know why we took care of our skin, but we did.” The “we” she is referring to is her and best friend Debi Mazar, the actress who moonlighted as her makeup artist at the time, not she and then-boyfriend Jean-Michel Basquiat or good friend Keith Haring. No, she says with a laugh, “the boys did not take care of their skin. But they were artists and painters and everything was about visuals.”

And if her three-decades-long career—full of countless jaw-dropping music videos, groundbreaking outfits, and sensationally theatrical tours replete with dancers suspended in the air and sword fighters set against high-tech set designs—is any indicator, visuals are still very important to Madonna, and M from MDNASkin.com. And so, Vogue asked her to visualize this: A day without work, email, and kids. “Please god,” she whispers at the prospect. What would it look like?

“Well, I would wake up and put my eye mask on. I would lay there for a little while and take the rose mist spray—I wouldn’t get out of bed—and then use my Cryo-Sticks, which I store in the freezer,” she says of the stainless steel sculpting tool that reduces redness through the use of thermal energy. She continues, gaining excitement: “Then, I’d lay there for 10 or 20 minutes, until my puffy eyes go down, while I’m served coffee, of course.” The rest of the day includes more pampering, such as a full-body oxygen treatment, courtesy of her at-home Intraceuticals Oxygen machine (she purportedly owns a few because “it’s all about hydration,” she says), and a clay mask not only on her face but on all dry body parts. “My knees, my elbows, even my butt.” After a final cleanse of her face, she would apply her new MDNA skin-perfecting finishing cream and then get her hair and makeup done before going out. Where’s out? “Depends,” she says, like a true person who has zero responsibility for a day. “An art exhibit or gallery, perhaps, maybe even the theater! I’d do all the things I never get to do. And I would look amazing and my skin would be glowing.” Spoken like the true boss she is.