Madison Hobo or Phoebe?

I just learned this so I'll reply...it HAS been deleted. :sad: It's completely sold out at Lord and Taylor, nationwide. I saw it today in my local Coach store (had to ask though) and saw it at Macy's as well. Nordstrom has it, as does Bloomie's. But yeah it's not listed on the Coach site anymore. :sad:

On a semi-related note, I finally made my decision! I decided on the Madison hobo. :biggrin: I tried both on in the Coach store and while the Phoebe is adorable and I like the more structured look (compared to the hobo at least), the compartments really bothered me. Yes, I did notice the shorts thing! lol But also the strip didn't slip easily over my shoulder--it was more of a maneuver to get it over my shoulder, and I can only imagine with a winter coat. I also didn't like how I couldn't really open the bag and go through it while wearing it--you at least have to slide your arm out (or maybe it's just me). Also, because of the pouch-y compartments, I feel like it doesn't open well while you're standing--you'd need to put it on a counter or something. It's definitely an attractive bag but for me personally, it wasn't comfortable or useful.

The hobo felt natural the second I slipped it on. It went on easily and stayed on. I was able to rummage through it while wearing it. It hugged my body (in a good way) and felt like second skin. I was wearing it around for a few minutes while the SA looked something up, and I actually forgot I had it on! It wasn't too big at all (which was my concern). It was perfect and I'm 5'4. Just a great bag, very "me." I do love the look of the Phoebe but the compartments bothered me too much, and the hobo just felt natural. Hope this helps someone else!

That's awesome, I'm glad you found a bag you really love! But now I want to know what color you went with!?!?!

That's awesome, I'm glad you found a bag you really love! But now I want to know what color you went with!?!?!

I ordered the tan because it was on a huge sale from Macy's, but will also order the black. I'm going to try to swing it so I can get both. :smile: If I don't like the tan, I will get the Phoebe in tan or a fun color for my summer everyday bag, then get the black for my winter/fall everyday bag. I'll post pics when I get them!!

No idea, sorry. What does FOS mean--maybe fully out of stock? Like I said, I know there are plenty at the big department stores and some at the Coach stores (but the SA did say they shipped most of them away). I'm personally getting it ASAP before it disappears, but I called Nordstrom and the inventory is decent there (Macy's and Bloomie's also have it still).

FOS is the online Coach outlet sale (Factory Online Sale), they frequently have FP deletes, but sometimes Coach holds onto them for a while before sending to the outlets and FOS.

I just learned this so I'll reply...it HAS been deleted. :sad: It's completely sold out at Lord and Taylor, nationwide. I saw it today in my local Coach store (had to ask though) and saw it at Macy's as well. Nordstrom has it, as does Bloomie's. But yeah it's not listed on the Coach site anymore. :sad:

On a semi-related note, I finally made my decision! I decided on the Madison hobo. :biggrin: I tried both on in the Coach store and while the Phoebe is adorable and I like the more structured look (compared to the hobo at least), the compartments really bothered me. Yes, I did notice the shorts thing! lol But also the strip didn't slip easily over my shoulder--it was more of a maneuver to get it over my shoulder, and I can only imagine with a winter coat. I also didn't like how I couldn't really open the bag and go through it while wearing it--you at least have to slide your arm out (or maybe it's just me). Also, because of the pouch-y compartments, I feel like it doesn't open well while you're standing--you'd need to put it on a counter or something. It's definitely an attractive bag but for me personally, it wasn't comfortable or useful.

The hobo felt natural the second I slipped it on. It went on easily and stayed on. I was able to rummage through it while wearing it. It hugged my body (in a good way) and felt like second skin. I was wearing it around for a few minutes while the SA looked something up, and I actually forgot I had it on! It wasn't too big at all (which was my concern). It was perfect and I'm 5'4. Just a great bag, very "me." I do love the look of the Phoebe but the compartments bothered me too much, and the hobo just felt natural. Hope this helps someone else!

Glad you found a bag you loved. I was torn between the Phoebe and the Madison Hobo for a while but ended up with two Hobos for the same reasons you did. I wanted to live Phoebe and still think she's beautiful, just not me. I may pick up another Hobo if I can get a good sale price or at FOS, my two I got with PCE - Silt and Peach Rose. I really wish Coach had done the Hobo in Sea Mist before moving on.

ETA - Went browsing on Coach China and there was a Sea Mist Madison Hobo, so it does exist, though we may never be able to get it here in the U.S.

Last edited:
Phoebe owners:
Do you have any issues with losing items from the sections that do not zipper closed?
Also, are the items in those sections visible to others?

Not for me either. The magnetic closure keeps the whole top together, closed. I've even had it fall off my passenger front seat while driving and nothing fell out.