Madison Carryall update

JeninND

Certified Coachie
Nov 28, 2009
Some of you may remember this incident when my Madison Carryall developed a crack/peel just a few weeks after I received her?

Yesterday I got my replacement. They sent me a brand new one, the whole process took about 2 weeks from when I mailed it out until I got the new one.

However, I'm too scared to keep her. This was my HG bag, so it makes me pretty sad to send her back, but I won't use her. I might as well exchange her for something else!

So my hubby helped me pick something new last night. I won't say what it is! He said he never liked the Madison Carryall anyway, LOL. Reveal coming in about 2 weeks!

Congrats and sorry that the Carryall didn't work for you.But at least you are doing the Right thing by getting a bag that you will Love and not be afraid to carry.Thats what it is all about, carrying the bag.I will Only buy Coach bags and accessorie's that I will not be afraid to use.Too much money involed..Can't wait to see your new bag!:smile:

I only had to pay $20 to send it to Coach insured with delivery confirmation. Which I'll have to do again.. ugh! That's $40 just in shipping. I wish I'd decided to exchange her before I sent her out the first time!

But no way am I sending out a $400 bag with no insurance on it. I'd rather pay the money than lose $400!

Oh my goodness.. Word to the wise: when shipping a bag back to Coach via USPS, use the flat rate boxes! Priority shipping + Insurance + Delivery Confirmation cost me $32.70! Holy cow! I was mad when she gave me the total. It cost me $20 to do it last time, and I had a BIGGER box. :pout: She offered me the option of re-packaging it, but I had my 5 year old with me, and they don't have box sealing tape, you have to BUY IT or bring your own. I just wasn't in the mood.

I used the box Coach sent it in originally. I guess I should've taken it to UPS or FedEx. The Priority shipping alone was $26.50, not counting insurance or delivery conf.

Why'd you have to mail it back in, do they not accept in store exchanges from mail orders? You shouldn't even need a receipt because you're doing store credit right, or are you getting cash?

Jen, you should be reimbursed for your shipping. It's not your fault the bag was defective. Coach will send you a giftcard in the amount of your shipping costs, but you should really call JAX and let them know it's not acceptable that you had to pay return shipping for a defective bag! Let them know you live no where near a botique, they are usually very helpful!

Thanks a whole lot, Tup! I think I will give them a call. I was surprised when they didn't, because I'd heard they will reimburse your shipping costs in that case. Maybe it's because the bag wasn't ruined when I got it, but after I'd carried it 4 or 5 times. :thinking:

Hi,
Sorry to hear that you sent the other Carry All back too!!! I am scared to use mine too!!! LOL
Can't wait to see your new bag!!! I am very surprised that Coach made you pay $20 plus shipping the first time for a defective bag!!! That is just wrong!!!

Can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

Which Madison carryall did you have? I have the pink exotic one and it is still packed in the box. I live in FL and there is a lot of humidity here, I keep my bags in the boxes, Is that wrong?