made to order/tailor made/commande speciale - Horizons

I spent the last two hours reading this entire thread and I am not mad about it! šŸ˜†
I am wondering if anyone here has ever seen a pool/billiard table custom made by Hermes? I read in another thread that there was one displayed at Hermes boutique in Hawaii, though not sure if that was true (they currently donā€™t have it on display). My DH and I are seriously considering pursuing Horizon route to make our own regulation size table.
We saw one on display in Cannes a few weeks ago.

Reactions: Kuma_Lisa
"Commande spƩciale" is a special order, not a Horizon order :flowers: ; maybe thread title needs a tweak.

Horizon bag orders are labelled Sac Modele Special on our box labels and on our receipts, so it's not that incorrect. My FSH SAs tend to refer to SOs as A La Carte. Just checked all my emails pertaining to our orders and the projects were referred to as Commande Speciale.
Hermes. Confusing as usual.

My experience aligns with PG28.
The product spec sheet that comes with the white coloured mock-up says 'Commande spƩciale' at the top of that piece of paper. The final receipt you get with the purchase says 'Sac Modele Special'.

My experience aligns with PG28.
The product spec sheet that comes with the white coloured mock-up says 'Commande spƩciale' at the top of that piece of paper. The final receipt you get with the purchase says 'Sac Modele Special'.
Maybe it's a French thing. I have a bunch of emails about my SOs labeled "Votre Commande SpƩciale" and my Horizon quote just says "(name of bag) Modele Speciale". Either way, who cares? Enjoy your order :shrugs:

Reactions: RuedeRivoli
I don't usually post but I can tell you I saw a billiard table on display at the Ginza flagship boutique in Tokyo last November. I've attached a photo (taken with permission from the Ginza boutique). It's beautiful. Good luck! I hope this helps you.

Hi! Just wanted to post an update as I received some very helpful comments here related to our pursuit of a 9 ft Hermes pool table. We live in the US. I did go to Hermes Ginza last month to see if the table was still on display. Sadly a kind SA I met there told me that the table was almost immediately sold. My husband and I are now working with our SA here in the US to place an order for a 9 ft table. Itā€™s very interesting to find out that US market was allocated 8 ft table while Asian countries were allocated 9 ft. We were told by one US boutique that although Hermes had produced 9 ft tables, US clients canā€™t obtain 9 ft table even via Horizon or CS route. We are hoping thatā€™s not the case. Fingers crossed!!

Hi! Just wanted to post an update as I received some very helpful comments here related to our pursuit of a 9 ft Hermes pool table. We live in the US. I did go to Hermes Ginza last month to see if the table was still on display. Sadly a kind SA I met there told me that the table was almost immediately sold. My husband and I are now working with our SA here in the US to place an order for a 9 ft table. Itā€™s very interesting to find out that US market was allocated 8 ft table while Asian countries were allocated 9 ft. We were told by one US boutique that although Hermes had produced 9 ft tables, US clients canā€™t obtain 9 ft table even via Horizon or CS route. We are hoping thatā€™s not the case. Fingers crossed!!
This is so weird?! Did they say why?

This is so weird?! Did they say why?

The way it was communicated to us by the SA sounded so definitive and final that we didnā€™t ask why. It contributed to us walking away from working with this SA though she was sweet. I think she was new, and she had to rely on her superiorā€™s help to do the research for us but we got the impression that she wasnā€™t getting the support she needed. The SA we have been working with for a while is more senior at the boutique (in a different state) and we really enjoy working with her. We will be seeing her this week to talk more about our order, so hope to have another update soon!