Made in France vs. Made in USA

Unfortunately, I have been trying to find a damier azur 30inch speedy made in France for the past year with no luck. It appears that when I bag is first released the early shipments are from france after that all we get are made in the USA

I was told the ONLY way to get a "French Speedy" new in the US is if you happen to get a return from France. I don't know if that's true but my SA told me that. She said all Speedy's sold in the US are made in the US. If you really want a French speedy, call the 866 Vuitton number and ask them. Keep in mind you can most likely find a nice used one on ebay.

There's no difference in quality but some people prefer to buy the European-made bags becuase they're more in line with LV's French heritage. The USA bags are made in San Dimas, CA and are sold exclusively to the US market, so you'll only see them here.

I myself only buy the European-made items- it's harder but you can generally track one down for pretty much any bag.

This is good to know..thanks for the info ValleyO, and funny to learn about the San Dimas factory, I live very close to that city.

It may not make a difference.. but I too, prefer the ones made in France/Spain.
The stock in Canada is European so I never usually have a problem.
Ironically, my first LV, a mono speedy 25 bought while on vacation in Maui is made in USA! LOL

i prefer "made in france" LVs. i have one USA-made handbag, the bh, and it took many returns through elux before i received one in brand new condition.

area all bh (sold in USA) made in America?

I might be the only one who prefer "made in USA" LVs, especially when purchase from ebay. There are too many of fake LVs with “made in France” heat stamp, but haven’t seen any “made in USA” fake around.

I don't think that there is any difference in the quality or workmanship. I'm not terribly particular but I'm extra pleased when I see that something was made in France. Maybe it seems more in line with LV being a French company?

I read somewhere on here that small leather goods are often made in Spain as those factories (workshops?) produce really good work on the smaller items. :smile: My smaller items (cles, wallet, wapity...) are all made in Spain.

I bought a damier speedy 30 last week and I noticed the canvas was a bit thinner than my other speedies but I thought it was just the damier line as this is my first piece of this line. It was a made in USA speedy. When I got home I noticed the handles were really bubbled so I thought I woukd check out a different one. Well the comparison bag was much different. It had thicker canvas, was a tiny bit smaller, and even the undersides of the leather tabs was a darker brown. This one had good handles so I exchanged it. When I got it home I saw it was made in France. I had no idea there was such a big difference!

i have a 35 made in usa. i don't have anything to compare to and it's my 1st speedy so who nows. i do know that it is a thinner material than the monogram though.