Made in France vs. Made in USA

Room Service Me

We're ridin' 745IL
Jan 8, 2007
Pennsylvania
Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in the quality and resale value of LV bags made in France and those made in USA?

I'm looking to buy a Denim Neo Speedy. I just returned one I bought to elux because of defects! :sad: It was made in the USA.

The main fabric of the bag was sewn crooked so the design gradually slanted. It was subtle but for $ 1400.00 it was noticeable! The side of the bag bugled out with excess fabric at the bottom. Also the bag was clearly a return because the inner gift box had stains all over the lid and there was a mark on the leather on the front of the bag. I was really annoyed that I paid full price for this bag and the quality control was so bad. They did take it right back and are crediting me the return shipping. So at least I wasn't stuck with it.

qtiekiki

O.G.
Nov 11, 2006
Los Angeles
There's no differences. The popular styles are all made in USA. It takes too much time and money to make and ship them overseas.

sirenized

Jun 30, 2006
Boston
possibly the returned bag was fake? it seems odd that that many things wrong with the bag could get past qualtiy control at LV

mshel

I Love Summer
Jan 4, 2007
www.newstvcrews.com
Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in the quality and resale value of LV bags made in France and those made in USA?

I'm looking to buy a Denim Neo Speedy. I just returned one I bought to elux because of defects! :sad: It was made in the USA.

The main fabric of the bag was sewn crooked so the design gradually slanted. It was subtle but for $ 1400.00 it was noticeable! The side of the bag bugled out with excess fabric at the bottom. Also the bag was clearly a return because the inner gift box had stains all over the lid and there was a mark on the leather on the front of the bag. I was really annoyed that I paid full price for this bag and the quality control was so bad. They did take it right back and are crediting me the return shipping. So at least I wasn't stuck with it.
I'm confused. I thought the big deal with lv is its perfect craftsmenship and that no flawed ones ever circulated. I should be getting my bag from eLux today and am suddenly worried. This wasn't the first 'flawed bag from eLux' post. What gives? (Maybe this should be a seperate thread...sorry op...not trying to barge in.)

Reactions: bebe_tc

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
this comes up VERY often, someone was kind enough to link to another thread.
This is closed.

purses-addictus

Me Luvz Chanel & LV
O.G.
Feb 14, 2007
NoVA- DC Metro Area
i just got my 1st LV and its made in USA (well the lock was made in france) i read some threads and posts that some people are particular with where their bags are made, does it matter? or is it just purely personal preference?

GerGirl

Apr 24, 2006
purely personal preference :yes:
This question is asked a lot, so it seems as many members pay attention to this. Personally, I really don't care. BUT except for one, all my LV's are made in France... maybe that's why I'm not too crazy for a "real" french one.

angel2434

Jun 7, 2006
Boston, MA
Its purely personal preference. All the bags are exactly the same quality and it does not matter where it is made. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told that there are 2 factories in France, one in the US, and one in Spain. In this case, made in USA might actually be rarer than Made in France :yes: