MAC Cosmetics And Their New 2008 Spring line.Plus HEATHERETTE

From the start, there was no firm release date. Then they gave a date, but they moved it up (but only for certain locations). Now some places have it, some don't. Or they say it's in stock, but it's not really in stock... I feel like they're jerking people around and they're not really saying why :shrugs:...

That does seem odd....I was suppost to go into another MAC location on Sat. like I said before, and did a cold call to another MAC location....thats when they told me that the product would be avaible tomorrow. If you want I could ask whats up when I go in tomorrow:amuse:

^ They'll probably be like "Whaaaa? :confused1:" ol

I read somewhere that they just jumped the gun and didn't have it quite ready yet, but if that's the case IDK why they'd move the release date up :shrugs:

^^^Maybe they were just trying to see if the collection was going to be a success? And they just weren't prepared for the order volume as soon as it hit the website. I remember reading somewhere online that they didn't actually expect Heatherette to be as big as Fafi, because they had been publicizing Fafi so much more than Heatherette.

But I think they should have expected it, especially if they are going to be putting it into hot pink packaging? I mean, what girl doesn't go gaga over hot pink?

I am addicted to MAC! For the Fafi collections I bought:
-all 6 paintpots(cash flow, perky, girl friendly, nice vice, rollickin', layin' low)
-Fafi eyes 2
-lipgloss(sugar trance and cult fave)
-both blushes
-iridescent powder(sassed-up)

I already have my MAC SA put the following Heatherette items on hold for me:
-both eyeshadow palettes
-lipgloss(forgot which one)
-all four eye pencils
-nail polish
-pigments

Ah I can't wait!!!

I think the Fafi collection is adorable (especially the artwork). I haven't purchased anything yet but I love the Paint Pots they have. I would really love to get the shadows from the Heatherette collection. Those are very nice colors.

^^^Maybe they were just trying to see if the collection was going to be a success? And they just weren't prepared for the order volume as soon as it hit the website. I remember reading somewhere online that they didn't actually expect Heatherette to be as big as Fafi, because they had been publicizing Fafi so much more than Heatherette.

But I think they should have expected it, especially if they are going to be putting it into hot pink packaging? I mean, what girl doesn't go gaga over hot pink?
ITA! :yes: I'm just frustrated, because I was soooo looking forward to this for such a long time now :sad:

I loooove Heatherette's pink packaging, but I think I actually prefer the Fafi packaging. It's the pink makeup colors that I'm going gaga over! Although, doesn't the heatherette packaging have sparklies on it? That's definitely a plus! :girlsigh: lol

^^^^Well I got my stuff today. So I dunno what the heck is up with MAC right now, but hopefully that means everyone else should be getting their stuff pretty soon.

And the packaging does have sparkles on it, but they are sticker sparkles. If that makes any sense.

^^^^Well I got my stuff today. So I dunno what the heck is up with MAC right now, but hopefully that means everyone else should be getting their stuff pretty soon.

And the packaging does have sparkles on it, but they are sticker sparkles. If that makes any sense.

Shoot, I was hoping it wasn't going to be stickers.

Ooh the Heatherette stuff looks so cute! Please don't kill me, I used to love MAC cosmetics but I don't really like it too much anymore (aside from the brushes) so that's why I'm sad they are doing these awesome collabos. I really wanted something from the Barbie line too but just couldn't bring myself to get anything because after all, it's just the packaging that's cute.

Yeah, I'm not too sure how I feel about the collection yet. I've been playing with the colors all day, and while they are pretty, I'm not sure that I've really found away to work with them yet. I've seen swatches on people and really liked a lot of stuff, but now that I have it, meh.