MA Handles: Is there a way to stretch them out?

Hi, Jenny! Where have ya been, girl?

Thanks for asking, but no they have not. I have been switching out my bags too regularly... I did experiment with the Hobo strap to carry over my shoulder more comfortably, which worked out great (although the bag looked funny at the zip). Another thing I tried was to wrap a portion of one of the rolled handles with suede lacing to create friction against my shoulder. I even tried the lacing on my BE SM bag and it works like a charm. Here's the link, if you're interested!

http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-minkoff/slippery-handles-possible-remedies-423588.html

C4H - I've been avoiding tpf a little lately since I've been trying not to want anything :rolleyes: but of course my BF is still buying me stuff!! I'm just shopping in the regular stores now instead of online!! :graucho:

I'm sorry to hear that your handles haven't stretched. :cursing: I bet if you used your bag every day for a few months it would definitely stretch!! I'm going to check out your other thread now, thanks for the link!!!

I sort of have the opposite problem.

My old royal and BBW MAB handles have stretched to the point where you can feel the tubing in the handles is not where it should be. It doesn't LOOK that bad, the handles are a lot more comfortable on my shoulder, but it semi-bothers me that the handles have stretched to this point.

I have already been in contact with Codi, and she told me that for $35 i can send the bag in for repairs... but again, I'd be scared the handles will be too short when they put new handles on.

What to do, what to do.

The only reason I haven't gotten myself a MAB is because of the handle drop being too short. For a big bag like MAB, I would really want to carry it over the shoulder. I have no idea that handles can stretch,too?

In the bal forum, most leave weights in the bags & hang them a couple of days. I left a bag with a laptop in it to lengthen one of my stiffer bag handles. It did stretch a teeny bit over a few days or maybe all it did was to be less rigid. While it might work on Bbag, I am not sure it would work on MABs/MAMs since they feel a tad fragile.