Lynderella Chit Chat, Swatches, Questions, and The Kitchen Sink

Status
Not open for further replies.
First two pics are closeups of the top half of the wheel, pre and post RC coats.

Colors are (L to R):

Tom Ford Pink Crush
Tom Ford Naked
Chanel Coco Blue
Chanel Blue Rebel
Chanel Peridot
Chanel Jade
Illamasqua Blow
Illamasqua Grab
Illamasqua Load
Julep Anne

Second two pics are closeups of the bottom half of the wheel, pre and post RC.

Colors are (R to L):

Julep Gayle
Le Metier Spruce it Up
Duri Paparazzi
Essie Marshmallow
Pure Ice French Kiss

Wow. Nice variety of colors, thank you for swatching gga! I really like it over the lighter colors, reminds me of sprinkles. I hope she ends up releasing it!

here is my small collection of beloved lynnderellas :love:

is anyone else excited about having different bottle shapes? makes me feel like I'm part of her "evolution" as a company...lol

lynnderella-order-11-11.jpg

lynnderella-order-9-11.jpg

Awesome collection! I just got an order and I already want more... they're so pretty!

Stunning collection! But no, I'm the complete opposite. The different bottles would drive me up a wall! I need to have perfect uniform collections of each brand.

When I was a kid and read babysitters club books I had to scrap my collection and start over when they changed all the covers. They didn't match anymore.

:ghi5: This is me too. I can't stand bottle variation. Especially when it's so drastic - the round ones won't fit next the the square ones properly!

^as others have said, she announces on her blog. looks like she's selling out so quickly that she's not giving much notice before the store openings any more.

can you believe someone sent her hate mail?????? WTF is wrong with people???

That's just ridiculous. Do people not realize that she is only one person? Not the owner of a company with a few workers, but she is the only one making, bottling and packing the polishes.

Geez, some people......

That's just ridiculous. Do people not realize that she is only one person? Not the owner of a company with a few workers, but she is the only one making, bottling and packing the polishes.

Geez, some people......

agree 100%. I mean, we only learn about her through word of mouth, so isn't it obvious that she's just one person doing this as a hobby? I've missed out on her sales before...it's never made me mad at her. in fact, it makes me feel even more special when I actually DO get my order in to her in time. I think the excitement makes the process even more fun.

it's such a shame that one idiotic person has the power (& the stupidity) to hurt the feelings of a person who is creative & just trying to share with us. I guess some people can find a way to be miserable about anything & everything. hoping that the principle of "you reap what you sow" is present with a vengeance in this situation.

agree 100%. I mean, we only learn about her through word of mouth, so isn't it obvious that she's just one person doing this as a hobby? I've missed out on her sales before...it's never made me mad at her. in fact, it makes me feel even more special when I actually DO get my order in to her in time. I think the excitement makes the process even more fun.

it's such a shame that one idiotic person has the power (& the stupidity) to hurt the feelings of a person who is creative & just trying to share with us. I guess some people can find a way to be miserable about anything & everything. hoping that the principle of "you reap what you sow" is present with a vengeance in this situation.

Anyone who is good at their chosen art or craft is usually good because they put their heart and every effort into it. I've met a few thick-skinned creative people, but most of the artists and craftspersons I've met and dealt with are pretty easily wounded when something they threw themselves into so completely is denigrated.

On the up side, after the wounded feelings subside, most artists can't stop creating any more than they can stop breathing. I do believe and hope, that like most other artists I've known or dealt with, Lynnderella will vent, process, and go back to her art. Because there are always critics, and there are always those who feel entitled to slam a creative product or process they aren't capable of understanding.

OT rant, I guess, but I just get irritated and queasy when cultural philistines put down an art form they don't get, maintaining the whole time that they're "snobs", implying that their connoisseurs' tastes are too refined. When what they really are is just ignorant, tasteless, and unable to back up and appreciate history, how creativity evolves, or the bigger picture in general.

For example, for me, I'm too old and removed to understand hip hop. I think it's something I'll likely never understand or appreciate, but I can at least see that in many cases the verse is well crafted and expressive, and it has a clear spot in music history and evolution. Not likely to ever be a fan here, not going to run out and buy CDs, but I can recognize it has value and a place in history. I'm unlikely ever to understand or fully appreciate Jackson Pollock either, but my husband sees his work far more clearly than I do, so I just STFU and try to learn something when we're looking in the MOMA.

I think the Lynnderella hate mail falls into that category. I see Lynnderella's polishes (and NerdLacquer's for that matter) as concrete end points to a whole creative process. I'm guessing hate mailer doesn't understand that IN THIS CASE, the polish isn't as much a money-generating, commercial product for its own sake, as the end piece of a process, as an artwork that started with conceptualizing and ended in a tiny bottle. I think (and hope) Lynnderella is more than capable of rising above that kind of hate mail.

Anyone who is good at their chosen art or craft is usually good because they put their heart and every effort into it. I've met a few thick-skinned creative people, but most of the artists and craftspersons I've met and dealt with are pretty easily wounded when something they threw themselves into so completely is denigrated.

On the up side, after the wounded feelings subside, most artists can't stop creating any more than they can stop breathing. I do believe and hope, that like most other artists I've known or dealt with, Lynnderella will vent, process, and go back to her art. Because there are always critics, and there are always those who feel entitled to slam a creative product or process they aren't capable of understanding.

OT rant, I guess, but I just get irritated and queasy when cultural philistines put down an art form they don't get, maintaining the whole time that they're "snobs", implying that their connoisseurs' tastes are too refined. When what they really are is just ignorant, tasteless, and unable to back up and appreciate history, how creativity evolves, or the bigger picture in general.

For example, for me, I'm too old and removed to understand hip hop. I think it's something I'll likely never understand or appreciate, but I can at least see that in many cases the verse is well crafted and expressive, and it has a clear spot in music history and evolution. Not likely to ever be a fan here, not going to run out and buy CDs, but I can recognize it has value and a place in history. I'm unlikely ever to understand or fully appreciate Jackson Pollock either, but my husband sees his work far more clearly than I do, so I just STFU and try to learn something when we're looking in the MOMA.

I think the Lynnderella hate mail falls into that category. I see Lynnderella's polishes (and NerdLacquer's for that matter) as concrete end points to a whole creative process. I'm guessing hate mailer doesn't understand that IN THIS CASE, the polish isn't as much a money-generating, commercial product for its own sake, as the end piece of a process, as an artwork that started with conceptualizing and ended in a tiny bottle. I think (and hope) Lynnderella is more than capable of rising above that kind of hate mail.

my lady, we are clearly on the exact same wave length this morning. this is the 2nd post of yours where I feel that I could have written it myself...I agree with every single point & nuance. even the examples you used make it very clear to understand & identify with the points you're making. you've written a wonderful expression of your feelings [/gush over :P]

in fact, I had YOU in mind when I wrote my earlier post. your very own order to lynnderella somehow got messed up. did you get mad? no. did you even show irritation? I didn't see it. so it makes me even more gobsmacked to imagine someone actually taking the time to write something ugly to sweet lynnderella when you had "grounds" to be annoyed & weren't at all.

honestly, you're like a patron of the arts...don't you think? the way you've supported nerdlacquer & lynnderella & julep is wonderful to see. & it's clearly a 2-way street: you're buying from them because you love their product & it makes you happy. as an artist myself who has clients who approach things just like you do, I can absolutely affirm that it IS support that you're giving...emotional, creative, & financial. it's people like you that make the creative process possible in a HUGE way.

from what I've read, it looks like lynnderella is moving past this, but the wound will still be there. the artist's work is personal...it's part of them...so mean-spirited criticism cuts right to the heart. I know that we make a huge difference in her healing, so our words are not wasted. I think of it as heaping praise & kindness on her so that the "scales" are tipped in the other direction.

you really are an angel.

Status
Not open for further replies.