LVR - Order Confirmation Questions & Has Anyone Rec'd an Order from there recently?

So, I'm going to have quite a large shipment coming. I think it would be too confusing to try to explain that Order T14*** was my initial order, and that when I didn't hear from them confirming that order, that I placed Order T15***. So, I'll just sort it out when it arrives, and return what are duplicates.

LVR's policy is different from NAP, etc. – they do question returns and if you do not have a valid reason (I personally think your reason is quite flimsy – you should try to sort it out before shipment), you would be required to pay for return shipment. Also, do not forget that you would be charged customs duties and taxes – you cannot claim this from LVR on your returns. You will have to work with your local customs office for this. In my country, they don't care if you are returning items without using them – you always pay duties and taxes on all imports.

LVR's policy is different from NAP, etc. – they do question returns and if you do not have a valid reason (I personally think your reason is quite flimsy – you should try to sort it out before shipment), you would be required to pay for return shipment. Also, do not forget that you would be charged customs duties and taxes – you cannot claim this from LVR on your returns. You will have to work with your local customs office for this. In my country, they don't care if you are returning items without using them – you always pay duties and taxes on all imports.

Wow! "reason is quite flimsy" quoting you. I received their e-mail today (Thursday). If the elves are packing today (Thursday), how am I even going to be able to stop the shipment. And I don't mind paying for a return shipment. I'm used to shipping internationally, so that will not be a problem.

I re-read LVR's return policy, and here it is:
Return Policy

If for any reason, Clients are not satisfied with the order, the unused item(s) can be returned within 14 days of delivery.

Clients must follow the official LUISA VIA ROMA SRL RETURN POLICY as stated here below:
  • The original LUISA VIA ROMA RETURN TAG must be attached to the item(s) with the original clip. This Return Tag and yellow security cord must not be removed or cut in any way.

• Clients must contact [email protected] with a written request to return the item (s) within 14 days from the date of delivery.
  • The written request must include the Item Code Number(s) of the item(s) to be returned and the compensation for the return: refund, size exchange, color exchange or item exchange.

• Once the written request is received, [email protected] will send a written confirmation to the Client including the RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER. "
It seems to me pretty clear that they accept returns for any reason, and I'm sure that American Express would back me up on that, and with the additional documentation of my e-mails to them, no e-mail confirmation that my order was received, I would think that American Express would protect me.

I did decide (before I read your e-mail) to send them an e-mail asking them if they could contact me about reviewing the two orders with me so that we could avoid duplication. I have yet to hear from them.

Here in America we do have a process to follow in order to have duty fees refunded when items are returned. Duty fees are refunded if the item is returned.

Packages have arrived from LVR = super fast shipping time after they contacted me last Monday. I'll let everyone know what I've rec'd after I open the packages. I have some stuff to ship before I open the boxes. :yes: Annette

Here are the photos of the new handbags. I love the metallic blue nuit baby paddington - it's wonderful. And keep in mind that this bevy of bags is the result of two orders when it should have been one order...you can read the history to see how this happened. I'm going to return one of the red big bags. I'm definitely keeping the green, the tan, and the grenat. I have to return one blue nuit baby paddington (it's a duplicate of the one that I'm using), and I think I'm going to return the black metallic baby paddington. LVR packaged everything very well. In comparison to some packages that I have rec'd from Louis Vuitton, this was entirely different. So, anyway, here are the photos. :yes:

http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/hillsofky/mynewchloes.jpg
http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/hillsofky/mynewchloes1.jpg
http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/hillsofky/mynewchloes2.jpg
http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/hillsofky/mynewchloes3.jpg

Lovely : WOW!!! That's an actual :party: PADDY PARTY:party: . I am sooooooooooooo jealous. It almost makes me want to order a bunch just to have them all in my possession at one time and stare at them all together. Unfortunately, I have a very, very, very hard time returning things, so I try to only buy items I absolutely plan to keep...I know myself and I don't want to have to choose between mortgage or Paddys.:P The metallic bleu nuit is stunning.:drool: Do you like the baby with the strap as much as the medium? I'm just not sure about the strap plus the handles, but I seriously covet that color.

Lovely : I was just on the LVR website (drooling at the pic of my new bag again :love: and reading the FAQ so I could contact them about shipping time) when I noticed that the order page says it's not returnable. I don't remember seeing that when I placed the order, but it's entirely possible I was blinded by my overwhelming lust for the aubergine Paddy and just didn't notice.:shame: I checked the FAQ for return policy and saw this at the very end of the section:

luisaviaroma.com ::: shopping online Please note that all sales are FINAL for ALL discounted items and are non-returnable.

I know you are planning to return some of your duplicate order and was wondering if you are able to get around this? I don't plan to return mine, but I hate not having the option just on principle and am kind of embarassed that I didn't research enough...I'm usually a bit more thorough!

I knew I wasn't totally crazy; I had the link to the page for the baby metallic bleu nuit Paddy minimized from when I looked at it yesterday and it did not state that it wasn't returnable. When I refreshed it, they had apparently added that information sometime in the last several hours. Still my bad for not reading the full return policy, but I don't feel quite as incompetent as I would thinking that I missed the all caps notation right on the order page. :Push:

I knew I wasn't totally crazy; I had the link to the page for the baby metallic bleu nuit Paddy minimized from when I looked at it yesterday and it did not state that it wasn't returnable. When I refreshed it, they had apparently added that information sometime in the last several hours. Still my bad for not reading the full return policy, but I don't feel quite as incompetent as I would thinking that I missed the all caps notation right on the order page. :Push:
Hi, I had printed out the pages of the items that I ordered, and there was not anything on those pages that said the items at 30% off were not returnable. That is definitely an addition! I also don't think that the no returns on discounted items was on the FAQ page when I looked at it. I went over it pretty thoroughly. I'm trying to see if I printed out that page. I did e-mail them this evening telling them that I am returning three of the bags - these were duplicate items. I am so happy with everything else that I received. So, I'm waiting for their return authorization code, and I'll let you know what happens. :yes:

O.K., it's morning, and I have already checked out the Bergdorf & Neiman online sale! I also looked at my e-mail, and I rec'd an automated reply from LVR saying:
"Thank you for your E-mail.

Due to many requests, we have activated this automatic notice to inform you that your E-mail has been received and will be answered as soon as possible.

Gratefully,"

I'll keep you posted on what they say about my return.

Also, if you did want to make a return, I believe you have a very good argument that when you purchased the bag at 30% off, that there was no notice on that page that the item was NOT RETURNABLE. When I was looking at the 50% off items, there was the "No Return Notice," but it was not on the 30% off items. I'm an attorney, and I would put forth that argument with my credit card company. LVR will only be hurting themselves with American buyers if they implement that type of return policy. Bergdorfs allows you thirty days to return a sale time - I think NM also follows that policy.

But regardless, I don't think that LVR can add "no returns on the 30% off items" after you have already purchased. You may not even want to return, but no one wants to feel taken advantage of. :rolleyes: