LVbabydoll - Color difference damier ebene, is it normal?

I kind of like the variations. I think it makes each bag unique, and it's fun to think that out in the world there are several people are carrying your bag's siblings from the same roll of canvas.

It's also not just Damier. Even Monogram canvas has tonal variations from piece to piece.

My DE pocket organiser doesn't match my DE Brooklyn, and I'm okay with that.

Reactions: Vlk307
I'm glad to find this thread! I have a Neverfull MM, Speedy 30 and a cles in DE and each one is a slightly different shade though all have been purchased from LV online in the past couple of months. The cles is the lightest of all and almost looks strange when I hang it on one of the bags. I'm thinking of returning it since it looks kind of odd to me.

my SA told me that it depends on who mixes the colors and that there is an acceptable color spectrum and as long as the mixed color falls into that spectrum it will be used and that is why there are sometimes "minor" or "major" differences

So glad i found this thread !

I have the same problem too. So i bought a speedy b DE 30 like 7 months ago through a friend who went to French. And last month i just back from my holiday to europe and i bought a Siena MM. I put them (speedy DE & Siena) side by side and i can see it clearly that the colour of the damier canvas are different. My speedy is more like orange-ish colour. I touch them both, the speedy canvas is like dry-ish and the siena canvas is more soft. I can tell the material of the canvas are really different.

This has came along my mind, is one of them are a fake one ??? Reading this thread said that the color different between DE is normal, okay i'm glad enough. But what about the material of the canvas ? Has anybody experience it the same way like mine ?

I have the same problem too. So i bought a speedy b DE 30 like 7 months ago through a friend who went to French. And last month i just back from my holiday to europe and i bought a Siena MM. I put them (speedy DE & Siena) side by side and i can see it clearly that the colour of the damier canvas are different. My speedy is more like orange-ish colour. I touch them both, the speedy canvas is like dry-ish and the siena canvas is more soft. I can tell the material of the canvas are really different.

This has came along my mind, is one of them are a fake one ??? Reading this thread said that the color different between DE is normal, okay i'm glad enough. But what about the material of the canvas ? Has anybody experience it the same way like mine ?

There are different shades of canvas. Slight variations between bags is completely normal.

yes, there are also variations in texture, same applies for the other canvases

I'm so glad that I found this thread. I have a belt, Beauborg Tote, wallet and 4 key holder all in DE. I purchased a Bastille messenger bag from Yoogis closet and while the craftsmanship of the bag meets LV standards, the color of the DE was noticeably OFF in comparison to the other items that I have. Has anyone seen a tonal variation this drastic?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    304.1 KB · Views: 1,161
There are definitely color variations- and you can even see it with Mono and DA bags. I have a DA Sarah wallet that has more of a darker blue compared to my other pieces. And with DE and Mono, sometimes that lighter brown seems "off" to me- kind of yellowish. If you look at different listings on ebay, you'll see what I mean. And I totally agree about the canvas. Some bags are thinner and the canvas seems almost "plastic-y" where other bags have a thicker canvas. I was considering letting a few of my Speedys go but I love the thick canvas. There's a huge difference in canvas between my older mono Speedy 35 and newer mono Speedy b.