LVbabydoll - Color difference damier ebene, is it normal?

gordita

O.G.
Feb 16, 2007
Here are the pictures of the bags next to each other like you asked.

The speedy is a lot more orange/red than the alma. These are the only 2 damier I have, so I dont know if this is normal, because the difference in real life is not slight, the speedy is a lot warmer than the alma. The pictures are not good they almost look the same color. I have many monos and even if the color is not exactly the same the difference is very small so I dont know what to think? My husband thinks I am crazy since I bought them from the boutique and had them heatstamped, so it is not like somebody changed one.

Please help!!

Attachments

• IMG_0364.jpg
    IMG_0364.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 10,539
  • IMG_0363.jpg
    IMG_0363.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 9,339
  • IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 9,654
someone once told me that the canvas on the speedys because the bag is not lined might look lighter than a bag that has lining ( like the alma).... i really don't know if they really knew what they were talking about :graucho:.... but maybe that's the reason??!!!

thanks for the replies. The thing is that the speedy is darker and very orange. If it didnt have my initials I would think that somebody had switched it for a fake! I hadnt realized until I put them side by side and I dont use them much, I am not a damier girl.

There is variance between canvas lots. Some of this is due to manufacturing variances but also some of the canvases are finished differently. For example my Rivington is a firmer canvas than my Portobello. The feels of the canvas are intentional and I think however they coat the canvas gives an end result that is redder, browner or more orangey undertones. My Rivington was more red and my portobello is definitely chocolatey.

I just noticed this today too! Here's a picture with a huge color difference ??

Speedy 35 from April 2011 and Speedy 30 B from December 2012. Thought my older speedy was just dirty or faded over time lol...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    512.6 KB · Views: 9,245
Reactions: Vlk307
This is a very late response and i hope that someone could reply to this!

I recently purchased a speedy 30 damier ebene..and got it hot stamped at their flagship store in London! i was super happy and excited! when I started using it I noticed that in comparison to my sisters speedy 35 the colours were VERY different and noticeable. My speedy was very orange compared to hers and making it look strange and sort of fake? (if you know what i mean)? is anyone else having the same problem? :sad:

This is a very late response and i hope that someone could reply to this!

I recently purchased a speedy 30 damier ebene..and got it hot stamped at their flagship store in London! i was super happy and excited! when I started using it I noticed that in comparison to my sisters speedy 35 the colours were VERY different and noticeable. My speedy was very orange compared to hers and making it look strange and sort of fake? (if you know what i mean)? is anyone else having the same problem? :sad:

My speedy 35 DE has reddish undertones. I also have a DE pochette and it's more chocolate. The variation in colors seems to be normal according to everything I've read.

​hello everyone so I stumbled to this thread bec. I noticed today that my Speedy 30 in the Damier Ebene print looked orangey/reddish. This is my first ebene print but from what I saw from other people's ebene print they look more like a chocolate brownish color. I bought my bag at the LV store in Chicago and I remember reading reviews about the store and some girl accused them of selling her a fake LV bag (which btw sounded silly to me) I don't see why LV would ruin their reputation by selling someone a fake purse and since I have trust issues about everything I still keep thinking about it. Last night I examined every single inch of my bag to make sure it is real. But my question is....did anyone else also notice the same with their ebene print?? I know a few people who have posted mentioned it but just curious if anyone noticed it lately...TIA

​hello everyone so I stumbled to this thread bec. I noticed today that my Speedy 30 in the Damier Ebene print looked orangey/reddish. This is my first ebene print but from what I saw from other people's ebene print they look more like a chocolate brownish color. I bought my bag at the LV store in Chicago and I remember reading reviews about the store and some girl accused them of selling her a fake LV bag (which btw sounded silly to me) I don't see why LV would ruin their reputation by selling someone a fake purse and since I have trust issues about everything I still keep thinking about it. Last night I examined every single inch of my bag to make sure it is real. But my question is....did anyone else also notice the same with their ebene print?? I know a few people who have posted mentioned it but just curious if anyone noticed it lately...TIA

The slight colour difference is perfectly normal. I have a DE pochette MIS that's a few weeks older than my MIF DE Delightful and they're slightly different with the purse being a darker tone. Even the mono and DA canvases will vary from batch to batch or by region.

The slight colour difference is perfectly normal. I have a DE pochette MIS that's a few weeks older than my MIF DE Delightful and they're slightly different with the purse being a darker tone. Even the mono and DA canvases will vary from batch to batch or by region.

thanks for your reply. :smile: some girl at my work brought her DE Delightful and I asked her if I could put my bag side by side with hers and her bag was about the same old as mine but my bag was just a tad lighter than hers & she told me also that was normal. I got a little worried but now I feel better :happydance:

The monogram print varies as well. It's just batch differences. I got a brand-new Speedy B today and I compared it to my friends two-year-old old model Speedy B - her canvas was quite different both in feel (softer) and in colour (it was a bit more orangey).

Edit: I don't have a problem with that, now that I know, but a few years ago when I saw two LV bags which were a slightly different colour, I used to wonder if one of them was fake.

I am so excited I found this thread. I put a pre-loved
DE Cosmetic bag from 2001 and set it next to my brand new Favorite MM and the colors were totally different. The cosmetic bag was so much browner and I felt terrible that my skills of sniffing out fakes, failed me.
Yay!