LV Wear and Tear examples and questions (newly bought items)

Hello, dear LVoers.

I've been thinking recently about LV wear and tear (especially reading about multiple issues with the PM and few other items). I've been looking through my small collection and found out, i do have noticeable changes to some of my items. And what's weird - all of them are relatively new.

Here's what i noticed:
1. Pallas clutch. I own it since October 2017. Once a week, sometimes more. Not very often.
It's zipper lock base almost faded away its gold color.
1OzoL-lgZ4c.jpg

I checked all of my other items, that are same age or older - they look much better.

Also, the corners of it lost the monogram print colour. Looks like it's been erased.
OZuCO__KQVo.jpg

This has happened to all the corners. And again, my oldest piece in monogram doesn't have such wear.

2. Pochette Kirigami (bought in February 2018) and Card holder (bought in January 2018) both have some weird canvas peeling. I don't know hot to describe, it's like some clear layer is peeling off. Once i scratch this, it looks fine again, leaving no signs of peeling. I don't know what it is, and didn't see such issues on tPF before.
I could picture 2 cases, but had more before.

This is on the smallest piece, look at the edge:
B22QfZldD44.jpg

And this is on a largest (at the bottom leaf of the LV flower), same happened to the card holder but i didn't picture:
EMAGlm7VRd8.jpg

To be honest, i am not bothered too much, especially for the second issue, as it's not noticeable for the moment. I just wonder whether you guys have similar observations.
Overall, i am very satisfied with all pieces i own. My 10-year-old speedy looks almost like new. My super-old mini-pochette only shows wear on the vachetta part. My cosmetic pouch went through all my beach bags and is still gorgeous. My new Tournelle PM (bought together with the pallas clutch) is doing very well, though i wear it almost non-stop.

So, apart from the PM bag, do you experience some wear-and-tear or quality issues with you newly purchased items?
Do you think i shall complain about mine?

Hi, it's been a year since your post and I was curious how the Kirigami is holding up? Anymore peeling or significant wear?

Anyone who owns LV TWIST MM, how's the wear and tear of the interior? I feel like since it has the felt interior specially on the flap that it will somehow thin out in the future :sad:

Hi, it's been a year since your post and I was curious how the Kirigami is holding up? Anymore peeling or significant wear?
Hi! Thanks for asking.
Actually, peeling stopped, and even if i see it on some parts, it's very unnoticeable and I can remove it with just my finger.
Other than that it holds very well. I use my small and large most often - no cracking or rubbing, even the pink leather inside still looks like new.
Really satisfied with the set. Still think it's my best LV purchase in terms of value for money.

Hope this helps!

My first DE piece and I’ve just bought it. Took it out of the bag and used it for 5 mins in the house just playing around and straight away I noticed this on the handles. It’s like slight wrinkles and not smooth texture anymore.. is that normal?

Attachments

• B34BCB35-D75A-4BF9-B68C-70E89F8F9D85.jpeg
    B34BCB35-D75A-4BF9-B68C-70E89F8F9D85.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 581
  • B2E9A82C-7BA9-4B1E-9FBE-746349DDC39C.jpeg
    B2E9A82C-7BA9-4B1E-9FBE-746349DDC39C.jpeg
    298.8 KB · Views: 579
  • 81A9F3D8-B2DB-4E48-9B3A-CB65699DF3F8.jpeg
    81A9F3D8-B2DB-4E48-9B3A-CB65699DF3F8.jpeg
    310 KB · Views: 576
My first DE piece and I’ve just bought it. Took it out of the bag and used it for 5 mins in the house just playing around and straight away I noticed this on the handles. It’s like slight wrinkles and not smooth texture anymore.. is that normal?
That's normal. Mine came like that but didn't get worse. I bought my speedy in 2010.

Hi! Thanks for asking.
Actually, peeling stopped, and even if i see it on some parts, it's very unnoticeable and I can remove it with just my finger.
Other than that it holds very well. I use my small and large most often - no cracking or rubbing, even the pink leather inside still looks like new.
Really satisfied with the set. Still think it's my best LV purchase in terms of value for money.

Hope this helps!

It does, thank you so much for sharing. My set is on its way to me!

Reactions: TheMoon
24E4B78C-0529-46A3-B24A-8CEEB989AB21.jpeg 8F093638-3E35-4029-81BA-21ACF5412C47.jpeg 69C842FE-10B6-4F6D-8600-B99416545332.jpeg 4BF31ED5-D992-43C1-84E5-1DF622ADC4DF.jpeg Hello...hope this is the right thread to ask my questions...curious if the vachetta handles on my preloved Monogram Voltaire look like normal wear and tear? I used baby wipes to clean them up as best I can...I noticed “black spots” like mold but it’s not coming out? Perhaps Apple products might work? Lovin’ My Bags or Cadillac Leather Conditioner? Also, advice on getting out musty odors other than dryer sheets which don’t seem to be working. Thanks for any feedback!!