LV Tulum GM or Bloomsbury PM/GM??

ndr

Mar 31, 2010
Hi, I'm a mom of a toddler with #2 on the way, and I need to get an everyday bag! These are my priorities... (1) cross body carry; (2) not too heavy and comfortable to wear; (3) something that can fit a decent amount of stuff, including (occasionally) a 9x11 folder; and (4) something that can get knocked around a bit and stand the test of time.

I'm between the LV Tulum and the Bloomsbury. The Bloomsbury seems like it would be lighter and maybe more comfortable but I like the larger strap of the Tulum.

The reason I like the larger strap on the Tulum is b/c I have a Cabas Mezzo with straps that started ripping after less than a year of wear... I think this is b/c the straps on the Cabas are so thin! (So I rarely use the Cabas these days.)

Would love anyone's input... thanks so much!!!

***Whoops, one more question... if I go w/ the Bloomsbury, should I get the PM or GM? I'm 5'5" and I don't want something too ginormous, but wasn't sure if the PM would accommodate a 9x11 folder and occasional baby gear.

Last edited:
In order to fit what you want, functionally you would be better off with the Bosphore GM.

The largest Bloomsbury GM measures (LxHxD): 14.9" x 12.6" x 1.2" and that will never work given that it is a flat bag. Yeah, you can carry a folder but a baby bottle...no!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the input! The general consensus is the Bloomsbury, which would be easier on my wallet! I guess everyone thinks that the straps are sturdy enough :smile:

The thing is, I've had my heart set on the Tulum... but I started considering the Bloomsbury b/c I was concerned is that the Tulum might be a little heavy w/ the brass hardware. What do the Tulum owners think about the weight of the bag?

Sadly, I can't splurge on both right now... sigh.

I have a bloomsbury GM, a bosphore gm, and I just got the bassmm. I like bigger bags and messengers are so comfy. I hardly use my handbags. Bass is light and so is blloomsbury also depends on how heavy your wallet is. I have a smaller wallet lv (i dont know name) it is so light but my insolite wallet is heavy.