LV Tulum GM or Bloomsbury PM/GM??

ndr

Mar 31, 2010
Hi, I'm a mom of a toddler with #2 on the way, and I need to get an everyday bag! These are my priorities... (1) cross body carry; (2) not too heavy and comfortable to wear; (3) something that can fit a decent amount of stuff, including (occasionally) a 9x11 folder; and (4) something that can get knocked around a bit and stand the test of time.

I'm between the LV Tulum and the Bloomsbury. The Bloomsbury seems like it would be lighter and maybe more comfortable but I like the larger strap of the Tulum.

The reason I like the larger strap on the Tulum is b/c I have a Cabas Mezzo with straps that started ripping after less than a year of wear... I think this is b/c the straps on the Cabas are so thin! (So I rarely use the Cabas these days.)

Would love anyone's input... thanks so much!!!

***Whoops, one more question... if I go w/ the Bloomsbury, should I get the PM or GM? I'm 5'5" and I don't want something too ginormous, but wasn't sure if the PM would accommodate a 9x11 folder and occasional baby gear.

Last edited:

DesigningStyle

I left my heart in Sicily.
O.G.
Dec 20, 2006
NJ, USA
In order to fit what you want, functionally you would be better off with the Bosphore GM.

The largest Bloomsbury GM measures (LxHxD): 14.9" x 12.6" x 1.2" and that will never work given that it is a flat bag. Yeah, you can carry a folder but a baby bottle...no!

Last edited:

Titti

Sep 20, 2008
scandinavian
obs... what whent wrong..
I have the Tulum gm and its very nice for a everydaybag.
The bloomsbury its more a lady bag i think.

ndr

Mar 31, 2010
Thanks everyone for the input! The general consensus is the Bloomsbury, which would be easier on my wallet! I guess everyone thinks that the straps are sturdy enough :smile:

The thing is, I've had my heart set on the Tulum... but I started considering the Bloomsbury b/c I was concerned is that the Tulum might be a little heavy w/ the brass hardware. What do the Tulum owners think about the weight of the bag?

Sadly, I can't splurge on both right now... sigh.

Lv-nowwhat

drive LV
O.G.
Jul 9, 2008
Detroit, Michigan
I have a bloomsbury GM, a bosphore gm, and I just got the bassmm. I like bigger bags and messengers are so comfy. I hardly use my handbags. Bass is light and so is blloomsbury also depends on how heavy your wallet is. I have a smaller wallet lv (i dont know name) it is so light but my insolite wallet is heavy.