LV the Fragrance - What if?

Actually LV made fragrance long time ago. There are few pages about it in Birth of Modern Luxury. It was called Heures d'absence (from 1926). Then they created others: Je,tu,il ,Reminiscences and Sur la route.

I'm not sure if I agree with you on that because if you remember, Dolce & Gabbana also released a gold Razr and I think LV produced cases for Nextel phones. I don't think these boutique brands are exclusive as much as they're just expensive. As long as the prices remain a staple in the brand, it will retain its name.

I also don't agree with LV being just a fashion house because you kind of sell it short. I think venturing into different areas give LV the name it has. For example, the joining with the America's Cup to create the Louis Vuitton Cup. Also remember, before Marc Jacobs because creative director, LV was strictly leather goods. Only after Jacobs joined in 1997 did LV produce its first ever ready to wear collection. These are just two examples of when LV has ventured into foreign territory to expand its brand and promote its name.

Yes:yes: and LV produced also cases in Nomade for Bang&Olufsen BeoPlayer and Serene mobile phone but they are both pretty exclusive...

toilet paper :confused1: do you have a picture please ?
This might be it:
0o89uij_2.jpg

I've also seen it in a catalog at the store, but I know for a fact it exists.

As moko007 said, they have done it in the past and i honestly dont see why they wouldnt do it in the future. There is a niche for it and almost every single highend designer has a perfume and cologne out on the market (cartier, gucci, versace etc etc) and to the best of my knowledge the brands are still highly respected and regarded as so

I read an article about high-end designers producing fragrances and the logic behind it was commendable and laughable at the same time. At then end of the day a designer is just a business, they do what they can how they can to make money. That is their end goal. LV has came out with things in the past that prove this (ie, the noe-- made to hold champaign bottles, it was a niche and they filled it!) and there is no reason they wouldnt fill the fragrance niche and make some cash doing it.

How would they make cash? Well i hate to say it but we are in the elite few that purchase multiple handbags, accessories etc etc...The general public can not afford to do so (or do not have the desire to)! THEREFORE if LV were to come out with a fragrance in the $100 mark it will make the brand accessiable to the genral public. I am guessing most of the consumers buying it will buy it so they can feel like they have a piece of louis!!

I am not nessarly saying im agreeing with this, but from a business standpoint it would be the most logical thing to do. I mean very few (if any) customers will STOP buying LV if they made a fragrance...but it WILL broden their customer base!!

AND now to answer the question:

I think the scent would be a bit musky and floral :smile: