LV shopping in Vancouver Canada

The store at the Hotel Vancouver is waaayyy better imo. It's bigger, has more selection, more breathing room to walk around and look. I find the SAs at Holt Renfrew too snobby. But since you're coming from out of town, definitely check out both just for fun since they're both within minutes from each other. Hope you have a good time in Vancouver :smile:

I bought a Galleria in Monogram three weeks ago and it was the last one (display model), I really liked it so I didn't think twice about buying it. It looked decent, except for a little bit of color coming off on the feet at the bottom. Few days after I bought it I found out that it also came in the Damier Azur pattern, so I wanted to exchange it, they put me on the waiting list for an exchange.

First of all, they NEVER called me to tell me the bag was in stock, I only found out cuz I happened to drop by yesterday. That was already strike one.

Today my boyfriend went in to do the exchange. AND THEY REFUSED. saying that it was used, that it's oxidized way too much. It was a DISPLAY model, i NEVER used it, I left it in the dust bag and was waiting to exchange it. And THEN, the manager told me they don't sell display models! WTF first you call ME a liar, and then you LIE to MY face about your policies. I'm am SOOOOO CHOKED!! I will go in tomorrow again to see if I can talk some sense into these jerks and if not, I will be contacting the regional manager. It is NOT customer service to call them liars and then lie to them, I am NEVER going abck there again!! UGGGHHH!!

It seems to me that LV is not big on customer service at all, which really really dissapoints me. I expected a company of that stature to be very careful about their customer dealings, apparently not!! Has anyone else had issues with LV?

i've heard about stories like this before, where they're not supposed to sell the display and then they do anyways and refuse to admit that they did. i think it is against their policy or so they say, so when someone does do it, they refuse to take responsibility for it and play it off as the customer's fault. from all the posting ive seen on tpf it looks like louis vuitton isn't big on CS at all. you should do a search here on other peoples stories. maybe it'll give you more information. you can also try to go in and find the SA that sold you the original bag. he/she shouldn't deny that you bought a display bag and since he/she sold it to you.

i remember one member receiving a used bag from LV and then when they tried to send it back because it was the wrong size, they claimed that she had used it because supposedly there was a strand of her hair in it. their accusations were ridiculous she sent the story in to the consumerist and they published it. it's a pretty recent thread.

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...om-results-consumerist-article-my-454701.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-shopping/vuitton-coms-horrible-service-rant-451525.html

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. :s

Don't forget that you can also try to elevate it to the Store Manager of Holt Renfrew Vancouver - even though Louis Vuitton is a lease counter, the store manager does take all complaints within the store seriously.

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience at LV. I just thought as a backup for us who will be buying a display model (although they say they don't sell these obviously they do!) to make sure the SA make a note on your receipt DISPLAY MODEL. Please let us know how your escalation turns out.

So sorry to hear about your experience. And for the record, LV at Holt Renfrew Vancouver does sell display models. My mom saw the Cassis Epi Alma on display there and when she asked for a new one they told her that was the last one available if she wanted to buy it. She bought it anyways as she didn't mind that it was a display model and there was nothing wrong with it.

I'm kinda mad myself knowing that manager would tell you they don't do that when they obviously do...

Hope it all works out for you!

I'm surprised. I bought a Trevi PM on PSN night and the SA gave me the display model and boxed it up. I didn't even think to check it. When I got home and opened it, I noticed that there were scratches on all of the hardware. I was pretty upset seeing that I live 45 mins away. I called the next morning and spoke to another SA who told me that it was probably a display model and that the SA should have checked for a new one first. She looked and found a new one and held it for me for 2 weeks until I could get back to make the exchange. The new one still had plastic on all the hardware as well as wrapping on the strap. I don't think I should have been given a display model but I was pleased with their efforts to remedy the problem.

So sorry to hear this happened to you. I hope you get this problem resolved. From now on, may I suggest buying your LV's from Hotel Vancouver. All the SAs are super nice and I find the store to have a better selection in merchandise.