LV or Gucci---HELP!!!

there really isnt much competition. lv all the way - not just because im biased and im in the lv forum. i personally like both brands but i find all lv bags to be better made than gucci and also lv bags wear better with time

there really isnt much competition. lv all the way - not just because im biased and im in the lv forum. i personally like both brands but i find all lv bags to be better made than gucci and also lv bags wear better with time

I think so too..lol! the indy is the only Gucci bag that I *almost* owned! hmmm...I guess I should get back to saks about that...they called me a couple of days ago to see if I wanted to get the bag sent back!!!

I actually thought along the same lines in terms of "diversifying". The other day I walked into Gucci and really wasn't impressed. Some of the newer monogrammed styles actually felt and looked FAKE! The monogramming wasn't lined up at the seams and the fabric was all puckered at the seams. They didn't really feel substantial. It seems the quality isn't there as much anymore (at least not on the more popular styles).

I actually thought along the same lines in terms of "diversifying". The other day I walked into Gucci and really wasn't impressed. Some of the newer monogrammed styles actually felt and looked FAKE! The monogramming wasn't lined up at the seams and the fabric was all puckered at the seams. They didn't really feel substantial. It seems the quality isn't there as much anymore (at least not on the more popular styles).

I abosolutely agree! Actually before the Indy, I had another Gucci incident, where I bought this bag and I ended up returning it 2 days later! When I got home, I thought to myself "OMG this almost looks like a FAKE!":wtf:

The Indy appealed to me because of the Mink Tassels (I :heart: Fur, especially mink!) and the Gold Corners (I also :heart: shiny things, especially gold!)...

but then yesterday I came across this website that sold fake handbags and guess what I saw! None other than my GUCCI INDY WITH MINK TASSELS!!! A CHEAP KNOCK OFF FOR $299! The sad thing about it is that it actually somewhat resembles the bag...except the shape is a little off!!! But then they also had my LV MOTARD BIKER IN A CHEAP KNOCKOFF TOO ($299)! In colors that they don't even make!

Seeing that really made me sad :crybaby: so now I ask myself is it worth it to spend that much on my dream bag if there is already a knockoff? (the bag hasn't been released yet!)