LV is replacing my stinky Mandarin Speedy!

loriw

O.G.
Jan 13, 2006
Well kudos to LV. I called them a couple weeks ago to complain that my Mandarin Speedy smells like cat pee (serious!). I spoke with a lovely woman and we've been talking back and forth for the ever since. She did confirm that there was a problem with the dye which had a reaction with the canvas/leather making it smell like ... cat pee (yet they still sold them!!). Anyway, to make a long story short, she talked to the manager at my local LV and had another mandarin speedy sent in which arrived today. And.... the manager told her - don't bother - it smells even worse!

So, now what. They are letting me exchange it for whatever I like (same price of course). What other Epi bags are truly fab for approx. the same price and what color?? Black?Red?Myrtille? Help!!!

I'm nuts for the red epi alma ($990) and the black epi passy ($1140). I think both are more than the speedy, but oh so lovely. ;)
Would they let you exchange for something more expensive and pay the difference?

I think the black epi is seriously gorgeous and goes with so much, but if you're looking for fun Myrtile is a lovely color!

Congrats on getting something to your satisfaction!

I know - the LV rep and I were talking about that - with the company's repuation and their prices, to knowingly manufacture and sell something that smells - its really obscene! She said that not all of them smelled but there were a lot and that is the reason they are discontinuing the mandarin

loriw said:
I know - the LV rep and I were talking about that - with the company's repuation and their prices, to knowingly manufacture and sell something that smells - its really obscene! She said that not all of them smelled but there were a lot and that is the reason they are discontinuing the mandarin

oh okies... yeah go with the red :amuse: epi speedy

good luck and i hope you get your bag sorted out! :amuse: