LV is replacing my stinky Mandarin Speedy!

what is disgusting? the smell? If that's what you are referring to, I agree. The LV rep and I were discussing that very fact that they could knowingly sell bags that smell - regardless of why. I assume that is why they are being so kind about the exchange. What I find amazing is that they continued to make them even after they knew they were having trouble with the dye - oh well.... we still bought them, lol!

I've heard about the infamous cat pee Mandarin epi too! When I purchased my Mandarin epi Alma, I literally sniffed it at the counter to make sure the cat pee smell was not present! I explained to the SA what I was doing, and he agreed that he heard about the smell too! He said it was only in Mandarin epi, and was pretty common!:blink:

To be honest, I have NO IDEA what smell you are talking about!!!:lol: I just got my Mandarin Speedy not too long ago and there is nothing about the way it smells that bothers me.:oh:

So I did it -got the Red Epi Speedy and its just gorgeous The SA and I were laughing about the smell wafting from my mandarin!! The red is fab and Ill take a pic of it tomorrow!

loriw said:
So I did it -got the Red Epi Speedy and its just gorgeous The SA and I were laughing about the smell wafting from my mandarin!! The red is fab and Ill take a pic of it tomorrow!

Congratulations! What size did you get? With silver or golden?

loriw said:
They said it was only in some of them - not all. Trust me - if yours was one of them - YOU WOULD KNOW!! lol - seriously smells just like cat pee!

Yep, what she said. LOL I also gave mine a big sniff when I picked it up at LV and at that time, it did not smell at all. My experience has been that it gets stinky when it gets warm -- the heat seems to bring out the smell at its worst.

I'm pulling out the scented dryer sheets from mine tonight and taking out for another spin tomorrow to see if it's gotten any better. The 30 day exchange time is nearly up on mine, and since I'm already planning a trip to the LV at Chevy Chase on Sat, if it's not better by then, I'll be ready with the receipt to make an exchange, as much as I love the color. Of course, I already went and bought the matching strap on ELux (yeah I'm one of those crazies who uses the strap on the speedy LOL) so I'll have to return that too, unless I can find a Jasmin or Alma in Mandarin.

So complicated! All I wanted was a beautiful Mandarin bag that didn't smell like cat pee -- is that too much to ask for that much $$$? (pout)