LV for kids

My daughter is almost 5 and she has a vera bradley bitty betsy and a mat and nat montreal bag. That is about as high-end as I will go for somone who is likely to draw on it with a crayon. But everyone should do what they are comfortable with and what makes them happy!

MZVTEC said:
i dont mean to hurt anyones feelings... but i think expensive handbags on kids go hand in hand with dressing them up for beauty pageants and making them look older than what they are.... its just not right.. besides kids have NFI what LV is... i think they would get more use out of a Bratz backpack or something

I totally agreee , this is just so insane :weird: - from some of the comments it seems that mothers are doing it more for themselves as they think it looks cute rather than for their children - they are not dolly's :suspiciou Why do you want your children to grow up so quickly - let them be like their friends.

Why not consider a childs bag like barbie etc .. she won't think anything less of it and may love it even more.. JMHO

speedysteph said:
I say go for it if you want to!

I can just imagine a 3 year old on the playground yelling at another kid "Stop, your going to ruin my patina!" :P

That would be too funny ! :lol:

I guess this is all a matter of personal preference. As a kid myself, I pretty much broke/wrecked/lost everything.. so it was a good choice not to give me anything too expensive ! :shame:

chidzuyo said:
Hmm, I don't really like that idea. It's like kids growing up too fast that they couldn't enjoy childhood the way it should be. Don't be too anxious to thrust her all the designer stuff, makeup and all. Let her enjoy Hello Kitty first.

At least it's cuter than LV!

I second that. Let her have and play with all the kiddy stuff first. There's no hurry to grow up.

my sister is 12. and a few yrs ago when she was about 8 i think i gave her my lil gucci shoulder bag.. at the time she just flung it around and wasnt really bothered.. by now its like im 12 i want more i had one when i was 9 why can t i have more etc... i would rther have given it to her now so she would apprecaite then when she was younger and didnt even know what it was.. i agree with the majority and think she is too young. also as someone else said.. she doesnt even know what it is so whats the point..

Michelle, That photo is adorable! I don’t have a problem with buying quality things for kids at all as long as they are taught the value of things, and to care for their belongings (with help of the parent) Of course 3 is very young, but a mini LV would be adorable as a keepsake – let her play with it carefully now under supervision and later she will cherish it for the memories.

Here is my little girl with my mini Classique ;) This photo was taken just for fun, but I let her look at/play with my jewelry and handbags carefully. She is 2 ½ now and can appreciate pretty things. I just see it as a fun way to share what I love with her (as did my mother with me when I was growing up)

mini.jpg

Michelle1025 said:
I buy lots of designer stuff for my daughter. And for her 2nd birthday my husband and I bought her a Mini Sac HL. I think it's cute. She carries it around everywhere and before we leave the house she will bring it to the mirror and look at herself. I love it. Here's a picture I took on her birthday as she was going to bed:

micaiahbirthday017.jpg

I think the size of the bag is perfect for kids. It's like a mini Speedy.

I think that's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen!!

As you can see in my avatar, my 5-year-old has a Mini Sac HL. I bought it used off of Ebay for about 150, which I think was appropriate for a child. It's already broken in, so she can "play" with it and she is so excited to have a "Louis" as she calls them, just like her Mama! ;)

I also have a black and a white MC Mini Sac HL for her, but those are put up until she is a bit older. Eventually all my LV will be hers anyway, so we have something we share together. I also bought her a Dooney and Burke charm pochette off of Ebay, for less than 100.

Regardless of whether or not your sister could take care of a bag, I think it's downright dangerous for her to carry such an expensive bag around. I would not chance her getting it snached out of her hands or worse just for her to look cute.