LV customer service...help

I'm having new handles, chads and pull tab. I was told, believe it or not, that they were out of handles in the US and it had to be sent to France! Then, I just found out that although I took it in on the second week in August, it was almost 2 weeks before they actually sent it out - I guess that they wait until they have a group of bags to go before they send it out. I wish I had known - I would have used it until it was time for it to go. They quoted me $145.00 for the repairs.

Eeeh, you're making me paranoid because I know my LV isn't known for good customer service. I bet I won't get my bag until the end of December (I sent it out in the middle of the first week of October BTW, it needs to be relined)! This sucks...but there's nothing we can really do about it. Good things come to wait, I guess. :shrugs:

I lucked out this week on a repair my Deauville. It had been stored in my closet and I decided to get it down and carry it. For some reason both sides of the zipper were off track and I thought that the zipper would need to be replaced.

I took it to a shoe repair shop to get his opinion before schlepping it to the nearest LV (which is over 2 hours away). Anyhoo, in two seconds, he fixed it. He said that the zipper pulls came loose and needed to be tightened. (Thank God! I thought that the zipper needed to be replaced) He didn't charge me at all but I tipped him $10.00 anyway. Phew! It sure beat sending it off for weeks and paying a huge amount of money! I don't recommend a "shoe repair" store for major repairs but in this case I am glad that I checked there first.