LV 2023 Collections

Haven’t seen anything about a mini neverfull yet! But I am also on vacation right now and my SA is also on vacation :smile: Once I am back, I will do some research!
Thank you in advance!! :biggrin: Hopefully, it's beautiful as I imagined.

@Emphosix sorry to bother but the SA yesterday told me about “mini” neverfull. Is this something that’s coming out this winter?
A mini Neverfull with a crossbody strap would be so cute! With a key pouch instead of a pochette inside.
@Moxisox I really hope this is in the making. I agree it would be adorable!!
I think they will copy the one in goyard called mini Anjou bag.

Last edited:
I saw a NF today and it did feel like a soft thick plastic coating. It wasn‘t for me although the effect was beautiful (which I didn‘t see indoors). I don‘t know if it would get yellowing or stickiness later. No more „Vernis“ for me…
Merfy said the coating is kind of like vernis and pieces should be kept out of direct sunlight and stored in a place with good ventilation especially in warmer climates.

Until I saw them next to each other I wondered if it was the lighting too but they truly are VERY different. I wish I’d taken a video. The Neverfull had way more painted on silver threads than the Speedy. I’d have preferred the darker tone of the Speedy if not for that but without as much of the silver it was missing the shimmer.

The iridescence was more noticeable in the lighter/more silvery shades. I think most of the effect comes from the white parts of the material but the laminated layer might have a tiny bit of effect as well. Here’s some close ups to show you what I mean.

View attachment 5787970

View attachment 5787971

View attachment 5788312View attachment 5788346
I would describe the darker as a oil rainbow effect. It's more vibrant than it looks in my photos but I did get some of the rainbow to show up in the sun. I can see it indoors too but it's impossible to photograph. I saw the lighter version as well and it did have more of a prism rainbow effect I'd say. It showed up in all lights really well. I like how the darker leather parts match the darker version I got. I tried on the speedy too and thought that would be the one I would get but this one fits my essentials and I like the compartments.

This is a quality control issue. Note that the "darker" version is missing huge chunks of white threading/painting whereas the "more rainbow" one has the white/rainbow painting on seemingly every thread. Why is LV allowing so much variation?

This is a quality control issue. Note that the "darker" version is missing huge chunks of white threading/painting whereas the "more rainbow" one has the white/rainbow painting on seemingly every thread. Why is LV allowing so much variation?
I feel the same way. We comfort ourselves that each piece is OOAK (it's true), but I doubt LV set out to make these with that intention. So such variation seems to reflect a lack of control.

Yesterday, I purchased a Monoglam NF online. It feels like a lottery not knowing what I will receive.

Perhaps the lighter and darker shades were made in different countries?

I feel the same way. We comfort ourselves that each piece is OOAK (it's true), but I doubt LV set out to make these with that intention. So such variation seems to reflect a lack of control.

Yesterday, I purchased a Monoglam NF online. It feels like a lottery not knowing what I will receive.

I just bought a monoglam speedy and my SA said 20% of the bags were in the dark denim, so I assume they chose how much to make of each shade/have the inventory?

I agree about lack of QC. I also got the NF and it was definitely lighter. I wasn‘t thrilled with the feel of or the color really because I would have liked a teeny more blue. I also didn’t like the feel of the leather of the pouch or the base. Didn’t feel luxe at all. While it is definitely an interesting piece, the feel of it and the fear of it cracking or melting in the SW Florida heat made me pack it up to return tomorrow.

My second attempt with the Nano Speedy monoglam also failed. Received yesterday after coming back from work. I had to drive to the LV store at night to exchange in store for the 3rd one.
The paint came off in various spots as circled. It is hard to see from pics but it’s very clear in real life.

View attachment 5788614

View attachment 5788615
3rd time's a charm, hopefully! Love your first picture by the way, it's the first one I've seen where the rainbow effect can be seen on the gold Monoglam. Really pretty.

Also, I think some have mentioned it before, but it didn't click for me until now that the shiny threads are painted on, and not actual shiny threads woven through the material. Do you feel that the laminated layer is protective enough? Or is the Monoglam collection one for special occasions only, not for heavy wear?

Reactions: sheepie123
View attachment 5788312View attachment 5788346
I would describe the darker as a oil rainbow effect. It's more vibrant than it looks in my photos but I did get some of the rainbow to show up in the sun. I can see it indoors too but it's impossible to photograph. I saw the lighter version as well and it did have more of a prism rainbow effect I'd say. It showed up in all lights really well. I like how the darker leather parts match the darker version I got. I tried on the speedy too and thought that would be the one I would get but this one fits my essentials and I like the compartments.
Love seeing darker monoglams! I think they’re both pretty and it comes down to personal taste.

Wonder if LV shot the darker tones for better contrast. In all cases none of the monoglams really reflect the glam part on web or in their lookbooks. I passed on this collection when CA sent me lookbook the first time, then I came back when I saw video lol.

Reactions: Cleda and Bumbles
Love seeing darker monoglams! I think they’re both pretty and it comes down to personal taste.

Wonder if LV shot the darker tones for better contrast. In all cases none of the monoglams really reflect the glam part on web or in their lookbooks. I passed on this collection when CA sent me lookbook the first time, then I came back when I saw video lol.
LV photography isn't very good compared to other designers. I could barely see the shimmer on the stock photos of the Mother's Day collection. Maybe it's done on purpose to prevent people from replicating their bags.

3rd time's a charm, hopefully! Love your first picture by the way, it's the first one I've seen where the rainbow effect can be seen on the gold Monoglam. Really pretty.

Also, I think some have mentioned it before, but it didn't click for me until now that the shiny threads are painted on, and not actual shiny threads woven through the material. Do you feel that the laminated layer is protective enough? Or is the Monoglam collection one for special occasions only, not for heavy wear?
I only notice the rainbow effect now when you point it out :biggrin:
I think the laminated layer are protective enough as long as you don't scratch your bag heavily against another tough surface. I think the LV artisan who handled this bag did not set the paint to dry properly.
The monoglam collection in general is quite unique and different to what I have seen before. So its truely a collector's piece.