Luminizers

Please post after you try it. On my light skin, it just seems to be so subtle as to be almost nothing. Due to the sunscreen, it has a white cast. So it looks more like face powder on me than highlighter. But, as I said, others like it.....

I used it today. I was trying to follow what Lisa Eldridge did in this video (she uses a highlighter toward the end):

I don't have a fan brush. It was very subtle on my skin, too, but there was a little sheen to it. Maybe I didn't put enough, but I thought it was ok. Will keep experimenting.

I used it today. I was trying to follow what Lisa Eldridge did in this video (she uses a highlighter toward the end):

I don't have a fan brush. It was very subtle on my skin, too, but there was a little sheen to it. Maybe I didn't put enough, but I thought it was ok. Will keep experimenting.

Thanks for the feedback and for posting the video.
I bought ELF shimmering facial whip today. Although I like the big compact the Wet N Wild product comes in, I think the ELF works better for me. I haven't tried it yet with full makeup but just testing, it seems to give me some shimmer I can see without actual glitter. Here's the makeupalley review:http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?ItemID=57441

Thanks for the feedback and for posting the video.
I bought ELF shimmering facial whip today. Although I like the big compact the Wet N Wild product comes in, I think the ELF works better for me. I haven't tried it yet with full makeup but just testing, it seems to give me some shimmer I can see without actual glitter. Here's the makeupalley review:http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?ItemID=57441

That's a pretty color! Looks nice on the skin in that photo

Have you used the Wet N Wild bronzer/highlighter any more?
I've found the Elf one shows up more but it has pigment - pink which somehow seems to look coral on me - so have to be careful not to use too much. The Wet N Wild has a white cast so it can actually mute my blush. They were both inexpensive. I've continued experimenting with the Wet N Wild, I think, because I like the nice big compact to swirl my brush around in. But the effect is very very subtle. I guess maybe the ideal for me would be something that gives some shimmer with no color and no glitter.

I have a couple of questions regarding illuminator/ illuminiser and will love to hear answers from you knowledgeable tpfers! :smile:

1. I have a round face and was wondering whether the illuminator will make my face looks even rounder? I want to avoid looking like a disco ball.

2. The effect I'm trying achieve is a very subtle, transparent, light glow (not glittery) that bring light to the cheekbones, nose bridge and cupid's bow. Also as my skin color change significantly between the seasons (I get tan very quickly in spring/summer and lose color quickly during winter) I'm trying to looking for a white/ neutral product that does not have obvious golden or pink tones. Do you have any recommendations?

3. From my research so far the Guerlain meteorites seem very nice - how are they, and do they have one with white pearls only?

I do have acne prone skin that breakout quite severely to products containing silicone!

Thank you :smile:

Last edited:
I love Becca shimmering skin perfecter. Just a tad will give you a subtle glow. It comes in different shades, including Pearl, which is for very fair skin. This is the one I use.. I also have a round face, so I do a little contouring.

I love Becca shimmering skin perfecter. Just a tad will give you a subtle glow. It comes in different shades, including Pearl, which is for very fair skin. This is the one I use.. I also have a round face, so I do a little contouring.

Thank you for your reply! I will check it out :smile: I think Lisa Elridge also rave about this product!

The meteorites will give you softer looking skin and some shimmer, but I'm too lazy to them regularly. I also like NARS Albatross, which is a best seller when it comes to highlighter

I honestly would recommend a powder product and there are numerous ones on the market. Unfortunately, I have the shade and Illuminate palette from Tom Ford which is actually nice but there's just the little quirks about it that prevent me from reaching out for it. The illuminator is magnificent and adds subtle shimmer but it's such a fussy product in that when you dab it on your face, you pretty much have to wipe your finger and dab again otherwise it stains the product. In fact, halfway through, you'll be like screw it, let it get stained, I will have my shimmer. Your brush also has to be impeccably clean when using the product, meaning unless you're using a clean brush everyday, you're going to stain the highlighting part. Ugh, too much fuss!

There's also the rave with the hourglass ambient lighting powders. There's also Nars.

For powder, I use MAC Lightscapade. It is the best one I have found for my skin, because it is so pale, but also buildable. I can go very light for a hint of shimmer, or pack it on if I want to look all disco ball. :lol: Personally I find powders easier to use than liquids or creams.

For liquids I like MAC Strobe Cream or Boots No. 7 Instant Radiance Beauty Balm, basically identical products. For creams I like Julie Hewett Shimmy creams or MAC Pearl cream color base. I also have the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer radiance, which is very shimmery, and that works nice too.

I use mainly creams because I think it gives a nice sheen to the skin. I highly recomment the RMS living luminiser ( it's so gorgeous on the skin and gives a nice sheen) and for a little more oomph or glow I like the benefit one the high beam one.