Lower Blepharopasty to address my eyebag in my age 50s new year gift

Hi there
I don’t see how a FL would lift your outer brows, based on my experience.
“Forehead lift doesn’t last” aspect. I remember reading that from XZY person and my thought was “how do they know”? Any lift will be subject to gravity, regardless. You are right that it pulls the hairline back, higher some. I think it was worth that though. I got no hairloss from that lift but takes longer than expected for numbness to subside. Functionally did exactly what I expected: no lines on forehead, no crinkle between brows! Eyelids probably a bit lifted too but seems pretty minimal to me now that swelling is almost done.
This is endotine forehead lift
I suspect clinics push this because the success rate is pretty good and impact is high?? Seems like a straightforward procedure (unless your forehead has lots of scar tissue and filler ), but I’m sure it’s more difficult that it seems. No lines and no crinkles on FH, I’m pretty happy with it

Reactions: zeeos and Lien
Hi there
“Forehead lift doesn’t last” aspect. I remember reading that from XZY person and my thought was “how do they know”? Any lift will be subject to gravity, regardless. You are right that it pulls the hairline back, higher some. I think it was worth that though. I got no hairloss from that lift but takes longer than expected for numbness to subside. Functionally did exactly what I expected: no lines on forehead, no crinkle between brows! Eyelids probably a bit lifted too but seems pretty minimal to me now that swelling is almost done.

From my (admittedly limited) research, Dr Karam's Vertical Restore does lift your outer/lateral brows - somewhat - as his incision is a lot higher up than other surgeons I've seen. He lifts the smas layer and other layers under the smas (I forget the exact technicality) since his is a DP FL. I note that he's never claimed that his FL replaces or does the job of a standalone browlift. I recall him talking in one of his YT videos that his VR lifts the lateral brows. That's good enough for me. I don't think I need a full brow/forehead lift. I just need my outer brows to be lifted up a little, to lessen the eye+brow droopping in that area. I just wish he wasn't soooo freaking expensive!!

Here's a pic of one of his patients showing how far up his incision goes:
1705068611581.png

Reactions: figjamm
Hi there

I'm glad that the forehead lift is doing exactly what you wanted it to do.

I'm glad also to see this feedback, as my number 1 priority in doing a forehead lift (so i was told by a certain clinic) is that it'd lift up my eyes & brows. If the lifting is minimal, then the whole point is lost to me.

Last edited:

I'm glad also to see this feedback, as my number 1 priority in doing a forehead lift (so i was told by a certain clinic) is that it'd lift up my eyes & brows. If the lifting is minimal, then the whole point is lost to me.
are you considering sub brow lift? I am contemplating between forehead lift or sub brow lift...

Reactions: zeeos

I didn’t see so much “eye opening”.
Definitely eradicated forehead lines and glabella crinkle like in a teen! If hairline pushback is annoying enough, I’ll consider hair transplant or ? That does kind of suck, but it was a minimal amount

Reactions: zeeos and Lien
I didn’t see so much “eye opening”.
Definitely eradicated forehead lines and glabella crinkle like in a teen! If hairline pushback is annoying enough, I’ll consider hair transplant or ? That does kind of suck, but it was a minimal amount
I'm for sure getting a hair transplant (lots of hair loss post Pfizer). I don't have that many wrinkles on my forehead - thank God.

• Love
View attachment 5928437

Update!
Day 2 after the lower blepharoplasty.The doc advised me to protect those scars from getting pigmented from the sunlight so they recommended sunglasses and a hat during the trip. No restrictions for food and outdoor activities except swimming, sauna and long shower must be avoided for one month. Stitches were initially slated for removal on day 7but with my trip to Busan we're pushing it to day 9. Doc said it's better to play it safe with the late removal than be too quick about it. Cheers to a smooth recovery. Will be sharing new updates after stitches out
Wow! Already such a difference! Please update on how the scars are healing. Do you have more stiches under the dressings on your cheeks?

• Love
@zeeos I was wondering how you traveled from Seoul to Busan? We’re thinking of going to Jeju during the recovery period. This might involve a plane ride. Do you think it’d be advisable to go through the airport with stitches in my eyes?

• Love
@zeeos I was wondering how you traveled from Seoul to Busan? We’re thinking of going to Jeju during the recovery period. This might involve a plane ride. Do you think it’d be advisable to go through the airport with stitches in my eyes?
we went to busan by airway and i asked the clinic to give me a surgery confirmation letter to verify me and my safety to take the plane

Reactions: pie
The only stitches I have is underneath my eyelahses, the sillicon patch on the cheeks plays a role to prevent the swelling I guess
Those patches must be working as you don't look swollen at all. From my research on LP and fat repositioning, I thought they anchor the repositioned fat with threads in the upper cheeks until they stabilize. That's why I thought you had stitiches under the patches. Did your surgeon anchor your repositioned fat in a different way?

• Insightful
Reactions: hugoblah
Those patches must be working as you don't look swollen at all. From my research on LP and fat repositioning, I thought they anchor the repositioned fat with threads in the upper cheeks until they stabilize. That's why I thought you had stitiches under the patches. Did your surgeon anchor your repositioned fat in a different way?
if i'm not mistken, doctor said the incision will be made underneath the eyelash and protruding eyebag fat will be repositioned and removed and the loose skin will be cut and sutured . I feel like i got more bruises in day 3 and 4 but the patch gives me some soothing and cooling effect
1705304923580.png

Hi there
Thank you for sharing your experience! Can I ask where you did your Forehead Lift, and whether you experienced any hair loss afterwards?