Lower Blepharopasty to address my eyebag in my age 50s new year gift

zeeos

Nov 15, 2023
Hii Everyone
I'm Chen from Canada. I'm now in Korea to undergo an anti-aging surgery to address my under-eye bag as I hit 50. Not only were the bags protruding but I also felt the sagging. Lack of sleep seemed to worsen the swelling under eye and the lines beneath my eyes deepened.
My family had been suggesting eye bag reposition surgery in Korea for a few years. During our family vacation in Korea for the new year trip, we consulted with Banobagi, DA, and Vlif. They pretty much laid out the same plan for my eye bags. They're gonna trim and reposition the protruding fat and cut off the excess loose skin then stitch it back up. There'll be an incision below my eyelashes but apparently it fades over time.and aside from dealing with my lower eye bags, I've got some saggy skin on the eyelid. One of them suggested a forehead lift and face lift as part of the whole anti-aging package.Gotta say, face lift was not in my plan and will not in the future as well. Many suggested an anti-aging forehead lift along with eye bag removal to enhance the sagging skin on my eyelids. While I considered both procedures, my vacation time was limited, so I opted to try one first and potentially pursue the other next year.
When it came to prices, Banobagi offered a good deal for both surgeries at once, but the discount for a single surgery was low. Vlif's price was higher than expected. DA presented two options: both lifting and eye bag surgeries or just lower eyes blepharoplasty. The surgeon at DA showed me before-and-after photos of male patients my age, emphasizing his expertise in anti-aging procedures for men and seemed to offer the most reasonable option for me.
After considering all factors, we decided on DA and booked the surgery in the next two days on Thursday. I made 1 million deposit and had the pre-med test today.
I'm thinking about planning a trip to Busan this Saturday. Wondering if it's safe to tour around or if it's better to stay indoors. My doctor advised being cautious about direct sunlight and I'm curious if anyone has done outdoor activities a day after the surgery. Just trying to figure out the best move for a post-surgery outing. Any thoughts or experiences to share?
I attched my photo below. What do you say ? do y think i should go for a forehead lift too ?

1704790239549-png.5926819

Attachments

• lodf (2).png
    lodf (2).png
    124.2 KB · Views: 38
no expert here but I believe the forehead lift will move your hairline back a bit. I would think a brow lift might help your upper lids did they bring that up as an option.

I would ask your Dr about touring .. but if you ask me best to play it safe rest up for faster healing and dont over do it with activities. I know a lot of people say walking is good to reduce swelling Post Op.. but how much is too much?

Hope your surgery goes well.

• Insightful
Reactions: zeeos and pie
no expert here but I believe the forehead lift will move your hairline back a bit. I would think a brow lift might help your upper lids did they bring that up as an option.

I would ask your Dr about touring .. but if you ask me best to play it safe rest up for faster healing and dont over do it with activities. I know a lot of people say walking is good to reduce swelling Post Op.. but how much is too much?

Isn't the forehead lift the same as brow lift?

But agreed, either would raise the hairline back further (than existing).

Reactions: zeeos

yess that makes sense, i should have asked it forehead lift will change my hairline . If i understood properly , he said the incision will be in the inner scalp right above the forehead.
I should ask the doctor on next appointment
Thank you.

I meant to say subrow lift. which where they make an incision below the eyebrow vs forehead. does not address forehead wrinkle though
My friend had that recently. I wouldn't do that either. You'd end up with 2 scars under your brows and they don't do much to lift the droopy eyes. I sense that the lift wouldn't last too long. If I were you, I'd do an upper bleph.
Btw, do you know if you have ptosis? I'd see an ocuplastic surgeon to find out. If you do have ptosis (like I do), an upper bleph wouldn't address the ptosis, as it's the levator muscle that's pushing down your lids. An upper bleph performed by a PS (not an ocuplastic surgeon) would only cut off your excess skin and in some cases fat.

Last edited:
  • Insightful
My friend had that recently. I wouldn't do that either. You'd end up with 2 scars under your brows and they don't do much to lift the droopy eyes. I sense that the lift wouldn't last too long. If I were you, I'd do an upper bleph.
Btw, do you know if you ptosis? I'd see an ocuplastic surgeon to find out. If you do have ptosis (like I do), an upper bleph wouldn't address the ptosis, as it's the levator muscle that's pushing down your lids. An upper bleph performed by a PS (not an ocuplastic) would only cut off your excess skin and in some cases fat.
Ohyeah, you're right I remember this clinic saying I'm not a great fit for a subbrow lift and they recommended a forehead lift to enhance those wrinkles on the forehead. I noticed that when the doctor manually lifted my forehead, the sagging skin on my eyelids looked better. and said I use my forehead muscles to open my eyes wider because of ptosis. It seems I've got loose eyelid skin and ptosis going on. I'm a bit worried that my eye shape might change a lot with an upper blepharoplasty. Still I agree that upper bleph sounds less invasive and easier for my age

Reactions: Lien
Ohyeah, you're right I remember this clinic saying I'm not a great fit for a subbrow lift and they recommended a forehead lift to enhance those wrinkles on the forehead. I noticed that when the doctor manually lifted my forehead, the sagging skin on my eyelids looked better. and said I use my forehead muscles to open my eyes wider because of ptosis. It seems I've got loose eyelid skin and ptosis going on. I'm a bit worried that my eye shape might change a lot with an upper blepharoplasty. Still I agree that upper bleph sounds less invasive and easier for my age
It seems that most (at least all the clinics I've enquired with) want to do a forehead lift. I really do not want that, as it causes hair loss and pulls your hairline even further back. Also, someone told me on here somewhere that a forehead lift does not last.

I'm going through the same issues as you. I am hoping that a FL will lift my outer brows, hence opening up my eyes. But the right way really to correct ptosis is to do a ptosis correction by an oculoplastic surgeon. As mentioned before, an upper bleph would NOT address your ptosis if indeed you do have it. I'm going to consult various ocuplastic surgeons to find out if I have ptosis. I am hoping that mine is mild enough that i could just get away with a lateral/outer brow lift (as part of a FL), as I'm already planning on doing a FL anyway.

4465.png

Update!
Day 2 after the lower blepharoplasty.The doc advised me to protect those scars from getting pigmented from the sunlight so they recommended sunglasses and a hat during the trip. No restrictions for food and outdoor activities except swimming, sauna and long shower must be avoided for one month. Stitches were initially slated for removal on day 7but with my trip to Busan we're pushing it to day 9. Doc said it's better to play it safe with the late removal than be too quick about it. Cheers to a smooth recovery. Will be sharing new updates after stitches out

View attachment 5928437

Update!
Day 2 after the lower blepharoplasty.The doc advised me to protect those scars from getting pigmented from the sunlight so they recommended sunglasses and a hat during the trip. No restrictions for food and outdoor activities except swimming, sauna and long shower must be avoided for one month. Stitches were initially slated for removal on day 7but with my trip to Busan we're pushing it to day 9. Doc said it's better to play it safe with the late removal than be too quick about it. Cheers to a smooth recovery. Will be sharing new updates after stitches out
good job!

• Love
It seems that most (at least all the clinics I've enquired with) want to do a forehead lift. I really do not want that, as it causes hair loss and pulls your hairline even further back. Also, someone told me on here somewhere that a forehead lift does not last.

I'm going through the same issues as you. I am hoping that a FL will lift my outer brows, hence opening up my eyes. But the right way really to correct ptosis is to do a ptosis correction by an oculoplastic surgeon. As mentioned before, an upper bleph would NOT address your ptosis if indeed you do have it. I'm going to consult various ocuplastic surgeons to find out if I have ptosis. I am hoping that mine is mild enough that i could just get away with a lateral/outer brow lift (as part of a FL), as I'm already planning on doing a FL anyway.
Hi there
I don’t see how a FL would lift your outer brows, based on my experience.
“Forehead lift doesn’t last” aspect. I remember reading that from XZY person and my thought was “how do they know”? Any lift will be subject to gravity, regardless. You are right that it pulls the hairline back, higher some. I think it was worth that though. I got no hairloss from that lift but takes longer than expected for numbness to subside. Functionally did exactly what I expected: no lines on forehead, no crinkle between brows! Eyelids probably a bit lifted too but seems pretty minimal to me now that swelling is almost done.

Reactions: zeeos and Lien