Love Me Midi Dark Grey~scuffed corners & 4.5" depth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings Lady Contessa ~ I hope you are well, in good spirits, and excellent health! Shall we begin with a martini in hand?

I beg to differ. I merely read the posts, gathered data, and consolidated them here in this thread. Are there any rules against this?

I am pleased you have contacted Jackie, because I did as well. :yes: This is good, as she will hear from us both! :tup:

Must all these things happen to me personally to make them true? Do you think these other ladies would fabricate these things? I found photos posted here. I noticed scuffs, is this wrong? I included them in this thread, is this wrong? If so, why?

And, if you read my posts, you will see that I included links to their posts...not every single post I wrote within this thread, but the post before, of course, to cite my sources. Surely, you don't think I would boldly and recklessly do this, would you? :hrmm:

If anyone is frenzied and frothing at the mouth Lady Contessa, it is you...please re-read what you have posted here.

I am glad your Confection Perfection arrived in perfect condition, and I admit that all your BE bags having arrived in perfect, excellent, pristine condition is surely something to envy. I must say, I wish mine did.

Hey, you offered to post images here, remember? No one solicited them from you, yet, you are soliticing photos from me. I'm not sure I understand your logic.

It is clearly unfortunate that you are reading this the way you are; although, I am not responsible for your own subjective interpretation.

To me, this is the irony...call it a conundrum, if you will. You are accusing me of things, and the very things of which you accuse me ~ actually describes your own behavior towards me in your post.

To be clear, at no time did I ever claim that Karenina is unhappy with her bag. I am unhappy that her bag arrived with scuffed corners, as are others...some of whom also received bags with scuffed corners. Are you attempting to censor me here? Because you, for whatever reason, are unhappy with my own disappointment? Again, I don't grasp your displeasure here, but hey ~ you're fully entitled to manufacture it at will ~ I say go for it!

And, to be clear Contessa, please re-read your post...it sounds like you are attacking me full force here, and for what, I have no idea.

Again, for the sake of clarity, I AM being attacked ~ by YOU, no less, and I am defending myself.

Again, thanks for your participation and have a great day/night/week/month/year!!! :yes:

Bottom line Dsrk is that you have flung around many accusations about defects, scuffs, etc.....even things that haven't happened to you personally such as missing rhinestones etc.....and yet, amidst the complaints and accusations that have turned this board into a frenzy, I have yet to see ANY evidence to support your accusations.

I've determined that my Fuschia LMM is minorly scuffed on the bottom due to my wearing it....albeit a handful of times, but I do remember when it arrived way back in January, it was PERFECT.

I will NOT post any pictures as I get the distinct impression you are on a personal hunt for some sort of evidence to damage Jackie's reputation. This is the feeling I get, and correct me if I'm wrong, but your recent posts have been nothing but negative, accusatory in nature, and are simply bringing a negative vibe into this sub-forum. In fact, you began this thread by attaching Karenina's name to it when she in fact posted she was THRILLED with her bag when it arrived. Here is her 1st post to refresh your memory:

Guess what girls??? I just got my LM midi and my IY in tan! I love them both!

The LM midi isn't as boxy as I though it would be. I am pleasantly surprised. To me it looks just like the LM but a little smaller. I think all who ordered them will be very happy. I just adore the dark grey leather!!

I also love the IY tan. It is a little bigger than I though it would be which is a nice surprise as well. I though the IY might be a little smaller than I wanted it to be and had almost gotten the IY tote. I am so glad that I got the regular size. It is the perfect size.

I really do think I love both of these bags. I just got home from the gym and am all sweaty from spin class but once I shower and put on some nicer clothes I will be able to tell more. I will take pics of the bags and modeling pics in a bit after I shower!! I am so excited!!

I have to say the excitement of getting these 2 new bags almost makes me question weather I should pre order now. I might just wait until the bags come out in the fall.

Again, until I see evidence to the contrary, I find it difficult if near impossible to believe that Jackie would custom make bags in the Dark Grey LMMidi and send them out with defects.

http://forum.purseblog.com/belen-echandia/i-just-got-some-mail-280379.html

And FURTHER:

http://forum.purseblog.com/belen-echandia/here-they-are-lm-midi-im-yours-pics-280414.html

(Karenina, in no way do I harbor any negative feelings towards you- just want to make that clear)

I've copied these posts and will be contacting Jackie personally as I feel she should at least be able to defend herself when accused of such things. It's only fair, right??? I mean, if you were being attacked Dsrk, you'd at least want to know about it so that you could defend yourself, no????

dsrk,
Jackie indicated to you that she had indeed inspected each of the bags sent to you and others prior to packing them off. A weak link may be in the packaging and shipping. Perhaps putting the bags in a sealed plastic bag - similar to Rebecca Minkoff bags, would keep the edges and corners from experiencing any undue rubbing or friction. Many people have received their shipments in boxes that were fairly beat up. I'm sure this wasn't kind to the bag(s).

Once a customer receives her bag, she should be able to inspect the bag and be able to get a refund or exchange. Here's the policy from the BE website:
"What is your Refund and Exchange policy?

We offer a no-quibble exchange or refund policy so long as you inform us within 7 days of your intention to return your purchase of receipt and actually return it within 14 days. For more information see our Terms and Conditions.

Please note that this does not apply to bags made to order or at a discount - all such orders are final..."

The gotcha for many of us is that we indeed participate in bespoke orders. So on the one hand, we love BE because we could get exactly what we want. Jackie's given us a tremendous level of access and the ability to get a bespoke bag at reasonable cost. But on the other hand, if our investment comes to us with quality issues, we should be able to take this up with Jackie and expect resolution.

At the end of the day, Jackie needs to consider whether she is meeting the goals and objectives of the business she set out to create (I quote below) :
"What did you set out to achieve?

To create a global brand with a reputation for soft leather, colourful leather handbags, the most exclusive stockists and the best customer service in the industry...."

So in summary, If Jackie is looking to achieve the goal of the best customer service in the industry, that requires commitment and investment on her part:
1) Better QA before leaving BE
2) Better packaging/shipping so as to protect to the fullest our investments while in transit.
3) The "no-quibble exchange or refund policy" should be extended to bespoke orders. If a customer receives a bag and there are defects or quality issues, the customer should feel confident that BE will resolve it and that it won't be dismissed by BE.
4) Attention to the details which would continue to differentiate BE from other handbag designers/manufacturers, such as the earlier recommendation of a small pot of color matched touch-up wax or other such little things that are thoughtful, considerate and provide a better customer experience than other producers do.

This is Jackie's business after all. She must consider whether the economics of doing any or all of the above are in her best interest and the best interest of her business.

I would hope she concludes that it indeed is, both in terms of our purchases today and our ongoing loyalty and willingness to invest in her products in the future.

Please Note: I do love my BE Bags:heart::heart::heart:!!!

Hi Bali_Girl! Thanks for chiming in here!!

Yes, I too wondered this about the color rubbing within its protective dustbag during transit. Which, of course, (for me) begs the question about the color sensitivity if it rubs off so easily.

My boxes actually arrived in fairly decent condition. One had obvious stab wounds from a customs officer, and this bag arrived in pristine condition. :smile:

Most excellent post Bali_Girl ~ thanks for this and for getting us back on track!!! :tup:

dsrk,
Jackie indicated to you that she had indeed inspected each of the bags sent to you and others prior to packing them off. A weak link may be in the packaging and shipping. Perhaps putting the bags in a sealed plastic bag - similar to Rebecca Minkoff bags, would keep the edges and corners from experiencing any undue rubbing or friction. Many people have received their shipments in boxes that were fairly beat up. I'm sure this wasn't kind to the bag(s).

Once a customer receives her bag, she should be able to inspect the bag and be able to get a refund or exchange. Here's the policy from the BE website:

We offer a no-quibble exchange or refund policy so long as you inform us within 7 days of your intention to return your purchase of receipt and actually return it within 14 days. For more information see our Terms and Conditions.

Please note that this does not apply to bags made to order or at a discount - all such orders are final..."

The gotcha for many of us is that we indeed participate in bespoke orders. So on the one hand, we love BE because we could get exactly what we want. Jackie's given us a tremendous level of access and the ability to get a bespoke bag at reasonable cost. But on the other hand, if our investment comes to us with quality issues, we should be able to take this up with Jackie and expect resolution.

At the end of the day, Jackie needs to consider whether she is meeting the goals and objectives of the business she set out to create (I quote below) :

To create a global brand with a reputation for soft leather, colourful leather handbags, the most exclusive stockists and the best customer service in the industry...."

So in summary, If Jackie is looking to achieve the goal of the best customer service in the industry, that requires commitment and investment on her part:
2) Better packaging/shipping so as to protect to the fullest our investments while in transit.
3) The "no-quibble exchange or refund policy" should be extended to bespoke orders. If a customer receives a bag and there are defects or quality issues, the customer should feel confident that BE will resolve it and that it won't be dismissed by BE.
4) Attention to the details which would continue to differentiate BE from other handbag designers/manufacturers, such as the earlier recommendation of a small pot of color matched touch-up wax or other such little things that are thoughtful, considerate and provide a better customer experience than other producers do.

This is Jackie's business after all. She must consider whether the economics of doing any or all of the above are in her best interest and the best interest of her business.

I would hope she concludes that it indeed is, both in terms of our purchases today and our ongoing loyalty and willingness to invest in her products in the future.

In reference to Contessa's post, I will try and post pics of both the hardware discoloration and the scuffed corners. Both of these are on bags that are brand new and never used. Between the kids' ballet, chorus, lacrosse and caring for my mom, it may take me a day or two until I get them on here.

I haven't emailed Jackie yet but will also try and do that tomorrow. So far I've been very happy with the service she has provided and hope to continue to be :smile:

^ Do you work for them? Copying posts and notifying a manufacturer-- why so up in arms and hostile? People on this OPEN FORUM have a right to type whatever there opinion is.

I just don't get this type of negativity and hostility.

If you had good luck-- kudos to you. Other people have apparently not had such fabulous service. It is called free speech.

Did you look at the pics on the glue thread? Not good.

LOL Bag_queen!!!!! Me up in arms and hostile??? And negative??? Nah.....I just don't like seeing someone like Jackie have her integrity questioned w/o her being here to respond in kind, that's all.

I don't work for BE, but if Jackie had a position open, I'd be thrilled to work for her! You've given me something to think about! Thanks!

I think you mis-understood my post Bag_Queen. What I am having difficulty understanding in this particular case is when someone's integrity and reputation come into question. I think there is NOTHING wrong with alerting Jackie to this thread so that she is made aware of what is going on, so that in turn she can respond.

And I'm not negative....in fact, I'm just the opposite. I'd like to see a solution and I am optimistic that there is an explanation somewhere.

It's one thing to voice a complaint....it's another to subject someone's name and integrity in such a negative light....esp when they're not even here.

Again, I don't think calling a manufacturer on a defect is impugning their reputation or integrity. Chloe, Prada, etc. all have had bags with issues and people comment on them. You don't see people demanding that the heads of these houses be given a chance to respond. Or demands for proof and evidence of the damage like some court trial. Ridiculous.

I don't think people should be attacked and "reported on" because they voice a differing opinion on the quality of the bags. There are good threads to counteract this and people can draw their own conclusions.

Again, I don't think calling a manufacturer on a defect is impugning their reputation or integrity. Chloe, Prada, etc. all have had bags with issues and people comment on them. You don't see people demanding that the heads of these houses be given a chance to respond. Or demands for proof and evidence of the damage like some court trial. Ridiculous.

I don't think people should be attacked and "reported on" because they voice a differing opinion on the quality of the bags. There are good threads to counteract this and people can draw their own conclusions.

Why are you comparing BE to Prada, Chloe, etc????

Jackie prides herself on personal service, custom orders, and selling her bags in limited quantities in quality boutiques.

I suggest you take a look at the BE website to learn more about her business and her philosophy.

www.BelenEchandia.com

I am copying my post from the Fuchsia Bespoke Thread since I don't have time to type the same thing in this thread. I hope it all works out today while I'm at work. It's ridiculous to argue on a forum.:bagslap: I know, I know... I should butt out....

I think what Contessa may be trying to say is that many of the BE ladies feel like Jackie has bent over backwards for us because we all have had so much contact with her in doing custom orders. It's like talking about a friend without giving the friend an opportunity to talk back. That being said, I'm sure Jackie would want to know about quality control issues. I just hate to see things "snowball" out of control like the purple leather thread. It was a legitimate concern by two people and then everyone on the forum thought they could no longer order purple bags. Now that the concerns and solutions have been discussed - why rehash it for 11 pages? Why don't we let Drsk discuss it with Jackie and then get back to us with the resolution. It would be a courtesy to Jackie to have an opportunity to respond. I know the other forums have many complaints as well, but I don't think people are allowed such personal contact with the designer/manufacturer so I think that is why this thread is "snowballing" into an all out argument. You all have great points. Have a nice day everyone.:hugs:*quietly walking away to get ready for work*

Why are you comparing BE to Prada, Chloe, etc????

Jackie prides herself on personal service, custom orders, and selling her bags in limited quantities in quality boutiques.

I suggest you take a look at the BE website to learn more about her business and her philosophy.

www.BelenEchandia.com

I am done addressing this. I don't beleive in a tit for tat. Just because someone gives more attention in the manufacturing process does not mean people should be intimidated and harrassed into not posting negative experiences with a manufacturer because everytime they do they are threatened with being reported to the manufacturer and ganged up on in posts.

Censorship in any form is wrong.

:tdown:

dsrk,

Very well said. I hope the owner resolves this situation to everyone's satisfaction. I won't be ordering until I see how this is handled. Please keep us updated.

I've received several PMs explaining this to me, and it's exactly what I thought it was.

Here's the deal, anyone may come and post quality issues here. ANYONE.
And they may do so w/o getting bashed by people for it. If you disagree, fine, there IS an adult, diplomatic way to communicate that w/o engaging in arguments.

Hopefully everyone can be diplomatic and realize no one is bashing "Jackie" or BE. . . if you go into any other designer forum on tPF you'll see these same topics about quality issues. It's not about bashing the designer, you have to get past that. Every thread on tPF can't be all positive great experiences, that's not realistic.

We all have different thresholds for what we deem defective. Try and be a little more tolerant please.

If you think someone is bahving less than honorably on tPF, don't call them out publicly, use the nifty "Report Post" icon we provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.