Love Me Midi Dark Grey~scuffed corners & 4.5" depth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I"m sorry I wasn't trying to high jack your thread. Although as much posting as you do about BE, it might have been good to state these problems earlier, as your posts of support for BE is one of the main reasons I decided to order.

But having said that I dont want to start a "problem" and I will not come in here except to post about QC which I am also concerned about.

My question did not belong in here, sorry.

dyannek ~ you are absolutely right!!! This is why I shared my other BE experiences, because my issues remain unresolved. If they were resolved, I would have remained silent, because they were taken care of.

I do want your participation, please don't get me wrong...I just don't want this thread to end up cluttered with tangential matters and its point to get lost, because I'm discovering that this is pretty much what has happened when previous quality control/assurance issues arose in passing and quickly disappeared into the BE chit-chat abyss.

Thanks for being here!!! :yes:

I"m sorry I wasn't trying to high jack your thread. Although as much posting as you do about BE, it might have been good to state these problems earlier, as your posts of support for BE is one of the main reasons I decided to order.

But having said that I dont want to start a "problem" and I will not come in here except to post about QC which I am also concerned about.

My question did not belong in here, sorry.

ugh! I took out my new black crash Indulge Me to use for the first time today and noticed all the silver hardware is discolored...I can't tell if its tarnished or if the finish is actually peeling off (Will look closer after baby goes to bed)

This plus my scuffed LMM corners are making me unhappy...I will have to email Jackie tomorrow to let her know about the issues with 2 of my bags (I only have 3, and another on the way)

Well people, I just discovered a couple of similar problems that happened two months ago...another case of scuffed corners with a photo, and, a case of scuffed/scratched handles.

Interestingly enough, the scuffed corners' issue was acknowledged by three people that I could see...Tash!, morebags, and ckayakrx2. audball67 and Contessa responded to the scratch, but no made no mention whatsoever about the scuffs. These are observations, not judgments. *suzi* did not return her bag with scuffed corners and scratches because of the anticipated international costs to return it and have another sent in its place.

Six days after sara999 received her bag, one of the pink crystals fell off.

So, it seems that issues have been popping up and people continue to overlook them for whatever reason.

I'm really sorry to hear this Sukey, although I'm really glad to hear you are taking a pro-active stance here with these issues. I would really love to hear how she responds to you. I am curious to know how she plans to address these issues to your satisfaction. Please keep us posted, OK?

ugh! I took out my new black crash Indulge Me to use for the first time today and noticed all the silver hardware is discolored...I can't tell if its tarnished or if the finish is actually peeling off (Will look closer after baby goes to bed)

This plus my scuffed LMM corners are making me unhappy...I will have to email Jackie tomorrow to let her know about the issues with 2 of my bags (I only have 3, and another on the way)

Thank you dsrk, for taking the lead with this concern and being our voice. I too, was disappointed to find scuffed leather in the bottom corners of my LM midi, but because they improved when I rubbed them with my finger, I decided not to make a big deal of it.

However, when I first got my LMM, I contacted Jackie about a similar issue and got the same response you did, i.e., we inspected the bag before shipping, it has not been used before, try treating it with Boston conditioner, etc. It's a bit disconcerting that you basically got the same response I did, given yours would not have been the first time this issue has been brought to her attention.

To be fair, I have not tried treating it with the Boston leather conditioner she recommended. For all I know, it may make the marks disappear and than all this would not be a big deal after all. I'll report back after I've given that a try.

Well people, I just discovered a couple of similar problems that happened two months ago...another case of scuffed corners with a photo, and, a case of scuffed/scratched handles.

Interestingly enough, the scuffed corners' issue was acknowledged by three people that I could see...Tash!, morebags, and ckayakrx2. audball67 and Contessa responded to the scratch, but no made no mention whatsoever about the scuffs. These are observations, not judgments. *suzi* did not return her bag with scuffed corners and scratches because of the anticipated international costs to return it and have another sent in its place.

Six days after sara999 received her bag, one of the pink crystals fell off.

So, it seems that issues have been popping up and people continue to overlook them for whatever reason.

The reason seems to be shipping (and paying for that shipping) back overseas. I am sure if it was bought at a store, these bags would be returned immediately. And no, not judging, even I have wondered what I would do if I have to return my bag....

Ohh no, so sorry to read this.

ckayakrx2 ~ thanks very much for sharing your story here, as it's important for us to know the flipside of all the fabulous rave reviews. They don't tell the whole story, which is why this thread is especially important to persuade Jackie to reconsider her position on scuffed corners, scratches, missing rhinestones, faulty stitching, color discrepancies, etc.

You know, if I rubbed my finger on all four corners and the scuffs faded away, I would simply drop this matter. But, considering that my first two bags arrived with issues, and that I have seven (7) on pre-order, I am not feeling good about this at all.

In fact, I am feeling pretty sick about this whole matter...especially after discovering that these issues have been going on, and, to make matters worse ~ that they have been completely overlooked or glossed over for the most part! This, perhaps, is what I find most shocking ~ that women continue to fork out cash fully knowing that these issues occur and continue to happen. :wtf:

So, for me, it really begs the question of what BE consumers expect when their handbags arrive. Personally, I did not expect color rubbing/flaking off the handles of the Wine IYT...what I refer to as a "discoloration", which sounds similar to your situation, ckayakrx2. I did not anticipate faulty stitching on the Mustard IY. And, I did not expect four scuffed corners on the Matte Dark Grey LM Midi.

So, now I wonder something else...lets say the bags left BE inspected without scuffed corners. Is the color so sensitive that it literally rubs off and scuffs within the dustbag during shipping from the UK to the USA? If this is indeed the case, then it begs the question about the colored leather itself, that it would rub off so easily.

Any thoughts here?

Thank you dsrk, for taking the lead with this concern and being our voice. I too, was disappointed to find scuffed leather in the bottom corners of my LM midi, but because they improved when I rubbed them with my finger, I decided not to make a big deal of it.

However, when I first got my LMM, I contacted Jackie about a similar issue and got the same response you did, i.e., we inspected the bag before shipping, it has not been used before, try treating it with Boston conditioner, etc. It's a bit disconcerting that you basically got the same response I did, given yours would not have been the first time this issue has been brought to her attention.

To be fair, I have not tried treating it with the Boston leather conditioner she recommended. For all I know, it may make the marks disappear and than all this would not be a big deal after all. I'll report back after I've given that a try.

I'd like to see pictures of these scuffed corners.

I'd also like to know what people are expecting Jackie to do with this "issue".

My bags have always arrived in PRISTINE condition from Jackie. The reason I didn't get my Sand/Sand Python IY was that Jackie noticed a difference in color between the python and the leather and felt that it wasn't up to her standards, so she held it back.

The new Dark Grey LM I have coming to me next week I was told by Jackie herself that it is PERFECT. I believe it.

I find it very difficult to believe that Jackie after accommodating a custom order for the LMMidi in Dark Grey would not notice SCUFFED CORNERS on the bags. Even more difficult to believe is that she and Ashley and her entire workshop would send out handbags with "so- called" defects.

My Dark Grey never had any marks on it.....no scuffing, no wear, and this was after 3 months of use. It was gorgeous.

My Black Crash LM and my Fuschia LMM do show some signs of wear but guess what???? That's because I AM wearing the bags. It's expected and comes with time and use.

Again.....I'd very much like to see pictures of these SCUFF marks.

As far as the hardware is concerned, I've never had any problems with that either.

Cornflower Blue, I'm glad your Midi arrived Pristine.....that's how my bags have arrived as well.

Ah, yes, that was me who posted about the scuffed handles. I dropped the matter because when I got the response from Jackie (same one you did), I figured maybe I was being overly nit-picky, and at any rate, didn't want to pay shipping costs & duty fees to exchange the bag for what in the end is a relatively minor flaw, something no one else would notice except for me and perhaps a future buyer.

However, as I said in that post, had it been in a store, I wouldn't have hesitated to ask them to locate a more "perfect" bag.

I will say this -- I've carried that bag pretty regularly since it arrived in February, and the color & leather itself has held up very well. I haven't had any color transfer or rubbing from dark jeans or onto white pants, so it's held up very well in that respect. And the couple minor scratches it's picked up have buffed right off just from my rubbing it with my finger.

Contessa ~ what about your Confection Perfection? You recently stated that you've used it very carefully only a handful of times, and noticed that the corners are dark and the fuchsia color has rubbed off. You also said you will contact Jackie about it ~ did you? Have you heard back yet? I would really like to know!

Also, you said you would take photos once you found your camera recharger, remember?

There are some photos of scuffing, Karenina and *suzi*. Others stated they had/have issues as well.

I am so glad that all your bags arrived in pristine condition. One of four of my bags arrived in pristine condition. Obviously, your odds are far better than mine. And, before my first bags ever arrived, I clearly informed Jackie about my concerns and expectations; so, when they arrived with issues, she apologized and didn't know what to say about one bag, and initially wouldn't budge on the other...so, for me, I have not received the perfect, stellar customer service that so many here have reported. And, my latest communication with her supports this, as I feel as if the matter is being brushed aside, or, dismissed, if you will.

I hope all your bags arrive in pristine condtion, and I wish mine did as well, because if they did, we wouldn't be having this discussion, I would not have posted this thread, and I would not have delved into the abyss of the BE Lounge in search of similar issues.

Thanks for participating and sharing your good BE fortune! :yes:

I'd like to see pictures of these scuffed corners.

I'd also like to know what people are expecting Jackie to do with this "issue".

My bags have always arrived in PRISTINE condition from Jackie. The reason I didn't get my Sand/Sand Python IY was that Jackie noticed a difference in color between the python and the leather and felt that it wasn't up to her standards, so she held it back.

The new Dark Grey LM I have coming to me next week I was told by Jackie herself that it is PERFECT. I believe it.

I find it very difficult to believe that Jackie after accommodating a custom order for the LMMidi in Dark Grey would not notice SCUFFED CORNERS on the bags. Even more difficult to believe is that she and Ashley and her entire workshop would send out handbags with "so- called" defects.

My Dark Grey never had any marks on it.....no scuffing, no wear, and this was after 3 months of use. It was gorgeous.

My Black Crash LM and my Fuschia LMM do show some signs of wear but guess what???? That's because I AM wearing the bags. It's expected and comes with time and use.

Again.....I'd very much like to see pictures of these SCUFF marks.

As far as the hardware is concerned, I've never had any problems with that either.

Cornflower Blue, I'm glad your Midi arrived Pristine.....that's how my bags have arrived as well.

Bottom line Dsrk is that you have flung around many accusations about defects, scuffs, etc.....even things that haven't happened to you personally such as missing rhinestones etc.....and yet, amidst the complaints and accusations that have turned this board into a frenzy, I have yet to see ANY evidence to support your accusations.

I've determined that my Fuschia LMM is minorly scuffed on the bottom due to my wearing it....albeit a handful of times, but I do remember when it arrived way back in January, it was PERFECT.

I will NOT post any pictures as I get the distinct impression you are on a personal hunt for some sort of evidence to damage Jackie's reputation. This is the feeling I get, and correct me if I'm wrong, but your recent posts have been nothing but negative, accusatory in nature, and are simply bringing a negative vibe into this sub-forum. In fact, you began this thread by attaching Karenina's name to it when she in fact posted she was THRILLED with her bag when it arrived. Here is her 1st post to refresh your memory:

Guess what girls??? I just got my LM midi and my IY in tan! I love them both!

The LM midi isn't as boxy as I though it would be. I am pleasantly surprised. To me it looks just like the LM but a little smaller. I think all who ordered them will be very happy. I just adore the dark grey leather!!

I also love the IY tan. It is a little bigger than I though it would be which is a nice surprise as well. I though the IY might be a little smaller than I wanted it to be and had almost gotten the IY tote. I am so glad that I got the regular size. It is the perfect size.

I really do think I love both of these bags. I just got home from the gym and am all sweaty from spin class but once I shower and put on some nicer clothes I will be able to tell more. I will take pics of the bags and modeling pics in a bit after I shower!! I am so excited!!

I have to say the excitement of getting these 2 new bags almost makes me question weather I should pre order now. I might just wait until the bags come out in the fall.

Again, until I see evidence to the contrary, I find it difficult if near impossible to believe that Jackie would custom make bags in the Dark Grey LMMidi and send them out with defects.

http://forum.purseblog.com/belen-echandia/i-just-got-some-mail-280379.html

And FURTHER:

http://forum.purseblog.com/belen-echandia/here-they-are-lm-midi-im-yours-pics-280414.html

(Karenina, in no way do I harbor any negative feelings towards you- just want to make that clear)

I've copied these posts and will be contacting Jackie personally as I feel she should at least be able to defend herself when accused of such things. It's only fair, right??? I mean, if you were being attacked Dsrk, you'd at least want to know about it so that you could defend yourself, no????

^ Do you work for them? Copying posts and notifying a manufacturer-- why so up in arms and hostile? People on this OPEN FORUM have a right to type whatever there opinion is.

I just don't get this type of negativity and hostility.

If you had good luck-- kudos to you. Other people have apparently not had such fabulous service. It is called free speech.

Did you look at the pics on the glue thread? Not good.

I will say that it has been very difficult reading through this thread without being able to view physical evidence and knowing that most of you have posted glowing reviews. Paintedsky, for the life of me I could not see what you were talking about on your wine SM...where is the scuffing?

The two bags I've received so far from Jackie have been perfect, so all I can say is that I have no complaints. I think those of you who do, however, should take it up with her personally rather than continue rallying this public forum. It does, somehow, seem more respectful. Negative issues should be able to be discussed openly on a forum such as this, and I'm not criticizing those who have broached them, but it feels that it's gone as far as it can go here without things getting out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.