Love LV BUT...

LouisVuitton93

Eternal Dreamer
Jan 29, 2009
Last night I noticed that the price increase came a bit sooner as I had expected. It actually got me thinking, and I came up with the next question:

If Louis Vuitton will increase their prices every year by 15-20 euro's, how will that affect your future purchases in 20 years or so?

I mean the keepall 45 would be like 850 euro's (without shoulder strap) and the zippy 400 euro's! I usually dont complain about prices at LV and im not frugal at all but Im just concerned that I will eventually not be able to get as many LV as now.

Do you TPF'ers think the same way about this?

Yes sometimes I fret about that, but then I also remember that salaries go up and so do all the costs of living so in the end I don't think it will be all that exorbanent compared to the increases of everything else, will probably average out to close to the same over the years.

the slight increases will NOT deter me from buying LV in the future. Some of their bags are reasonable and some are not. Just depends what you're willing to spend.

the slight increases will NOT deter me from buying LV in the future. Some of their bags are reasonable and some are not. Just depends what you're willing to spend.

ITA! It might rule out some of the more expensive bags for me, but I have a feeling that somehow I'll find a way to still get the ones I really want....hopefully!

I remember when i bought my first LV in 1997, mono ellipse pm, it was £440, now it is £680!! But its true, economy changes as well as prices so LV do cost the same really. And i dont think any one here will ever stop buying ;) i wont