Scarves Love it then leave it ,how do you curate your scarf collection?

i got it in black and white with a splash of orange on the hem + boxes, as they did look wrong (for me) in all cws, none of them spoke to me, i think it's something to do with wrong balance/mix of colours, e.g. blue and green, or green and dark red... imho they are too strong and don't suit everyone
I bought space shopping in a gavroche, because the 90 just didn't feel or look right on me. Also - how dumb of them to created a sequence in 70s but not follow through.

i got it in black and white with a splash of orange on the hem + boxes, as they did look wrong (for me) in all cws, none of them spoke to me, i think it's something to do with wrong balance/mix of colours, e.g. blue and green, or green and dark red... imho they are too strong and don't suit everyone

I liked that one most with the design but the 'H' and the boxes stood out too much for me still, I know I wouldn't have reached for it. Great piece of Dimitri R commercial art though and would very happily hanged it if my decor suited.

I liked that one most with the design but the 'H' and the boxes stood out too much for me still, I know I wouldn't have reached for it. Great piece of Dimitri R commercial art though and would very happily hanged it if my decor suited.
in this plain, quiet cw i can see the design and tiny details better, i like that i can tie it with, or without showing the boxes, and i admire Dimitri's (as well as HG) passion for small details :heart:

Reactions: Cookiefiend
I'll confess I struggle with my dark green / red Space Shopping gavroche. It's such a heavy dark look, even in a small dose. Not quite given up yet, maybe next winter its time will come ...

Reactions: ksuromax
I planned this as a New Years resolution, but time went by and we’re already in March...

I challenged myself to wear a unique scarf per week for the next 6 months, hopefully matching SOTD theme, and once worn that scarf would be placed in a “safe” pile, with any unworn scarves to be swapped out via the evil bay.

I figured that 26 scarves is enough for anyone (feel free to disagree!) therefore this exercise should weed out those which are lovely but just not for me. I’m intrigued to see where this takes me, and whether I can bear to part with the scarves I fell in love with but did not wear.

I’m also really interested to hear from others - how do you curate your collection and how do you feel when the thrill of the chase fades once you own the scarf?
I'm hoping to revive this thread, as I found it so interesting. I'm wondering how you've been doing with this challenge, @paula24jen ?
Since Jan I bought 11 scarves (10 vintage, one from the boutique) and sold 10. So I feel sort of OK. I'm supposed to be actually downsizing, though....

I'm hoping to revive this thread, as I found it so interesting. I'm wondering how you've been doing with this challenge, @paula24jen ?
Since Jan I bought 11 scarves (10 vintage, one from the boutique) and sold 10. So I feel sort of OK. I'm supposed to be actually downsizing, though....

I've been struggling to keep to 1 in 1 out....at the moment, though I'd like to downsize, it ain't gonna happen....just hoping for equilibrium right now

That sounds totally reasonable! [emoji8] sooooo....what’dja get???

My collection goes up and down too. I definitely have a comfort zone, sometimes I have too many, sometimes too few. Between DH finally finding his way to the boutique and me finding some Samourais and loving Robes du Soir, I’m up again, but not too many yet.

My OCD is appeased (for now).....[emoji6]
IMG_2307.jpg

That sounds totally reasonable! [emoji8] sooooo....what’dja get???

My collection goes up and down too. I definitely have a comfort zone, sometimes I have too many, sometimes too few. Between DH finally finding his way to the boutique and me finding some Samourais and loving Robes du Soir, I’m up again, but not too many yet.

My OCD is appeased (for now).....[emoji6]
View attachment 4086598
Oh, you did get BOTH those blue Robes de Soir. Beautiful!!!
My "new" scarves are vintagey designs: Ronde des Heures in a CW I have been meaning to get for ages, Sanssoucy, Trois mousquetaires at a good price, and I replaced CWs of Gloire de Guillaume and Elegance et Confort. Also a 70 Millefleurs de Mexique in a CW I don't often wear.
New 140 twill of Cleche, Mors et Bouteilles in amazing blues and reds.

I've been struggling to keep to 1 in 1 out....at the moment, though I'd like to downsize, it ain't gonna happen....just hoping for equilibrium right now
I'd love to do a 1 in 1 out, but I like vintage too much to give up on those once in a blue moon designs. :hrmm:

I'd love to do a 1 in 1 out, but I like vintage too much to give up on those once in a blue moon designs. :hrmm:

I hear ya on that....it's hard (for me) to let something go that took a search to find, even when I'm not wearing it much. I still have 3 or 4 that I am pondering. They aren't seeing enough wear but dang it, they also took time to find....

Hmm, I was pondering my progress on this just the other night! My unworn scarves remain unworn, and yet when I pursued them I honestly felt like they would be my new favourite. I have “refound” a few which used to be faves, fell out of favour and are now back again. I’m back in love with my graff

I’m not sure about selling on those unworn scarves tough, at least not on eBay, as while I can be choosey who I buy from I’ve had a couple of unpleasant experiences with horrible buyers in the past.