Alexander Wang Love for the Prisma Tote?

Rose310

Feb 26, 2012
Hi Everyone, the Rocco seems to be the frontrunner in the AW space, and I haven't seen too much buzz around the new Prisma tote.

I would love to your reviews on the new Prisma tote! It looks like the perfect minimalist tote bag to add to the collection.

I received mine a few days ago and it's so stunning IRL! I am having second thoughts about keeping it though b/c of how thin the leather is and the durability of the bag. This is my first AW purchase.

Thoughts on this?? :biggrin:

To funny! I bought the Toffee w/ Rose Gold hardware - it wasn't even a contest between the other colors, although the deep blue is quite stunning :biggrin:. I liked the Toffee because of the fresh neutral shade. Here are some photos (please excuse the flash) of the bag.

AW Prisma Tote in Toffee w/ Rose Gold:
AWTote.jpg

AWTote2.jpg

Unlike, many others on here, the Rocco doesn't really appeal to me but I like
seeing it styled with different outfits. I just saw the Prisma tote for the first time
and I'm definitely getting it. Its simple & perfect for work and school. I just can't
decide which one I want. *I'm leaning towards the black with rose gold.

HOw is the color holding up? Is it scuffing or showing wear?

The color and leather is holding up well! I rarely am in jeans though, and I hear that's one of the biggest culprits for color transfer issues. I've been really happy with the quality of the bag thus far. This is my first AW purchase and I am now totally hooked!

I own the Prisma in azure blue and have had it for about a month now. It never really appeared on my radar in the past (I also own an Emile, Angela and Rocco) but I managed to snag one on sale. The simplicity of the design is really quite refreshing and I love how it's nowhere near as heavy as the Emile and Rocco.

hi ladies, i'm *this close* to buying the prisma tote but am concerned about the thinness of the leather. i tend to throw a lot of stuff into my bags and i'm worried that the thin handles + thin leather may not be able to support the weight of my stuff.

also the handles are very thin and my experience with thin handles is it creates more stress on the shoulders as there's lesser surface area to spread out the weight of the bag. do you ladies find it comfortable to sling the bag when it's heavy?

all comments much appreciated. thanks!