Love Burberry...Hate thier Prices !

hehe theres a burberry outlet in cheshire oaks, its well cheap go there :biggrin:
hahaha!!!!!a local lady!!!! hello!!!!!!!!!!! I have been in the Cheshire Oaks outlets LOADS, and I have to say I'm rarely disappointed!!!! I bought a shopper style bag from there that is not in the typical colors,and have had loads of curious enquiries about it that turn into 'not the usual colors,but I like it!' I was very wary of he other colors thanks to Daniella Westbrook TOTALLY chaving it up!!!!! (anyone remember THAT pic,we should find it and send it to the US ladies on the forum,would brilliantly show and explain what a chav is and thats how Burberry lot its appeal for a lot of us on this side of the pond, yeh,thanks again Daniella,just proves money can buy you anything,except class,style and taste)

here is a look at it,I love how its quite understated, it has been called a 'granny bag' by a former boss,but he obviously being a man has NO clue what he's on about!!!! The bag cost me £45 quid,and if you think about it I could have spent as much if not more on a non designer bag,plus I found it a cool way to carry paoperwork,books and folders and with it having small handles I could never get it on my shoulder meaning I have to carry anything weighty I have to do it properly and not put myself into physio!!!

Attachments

• my collection of stuff!!!! 015.JPG
    my collection of stuff!!!! 015.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 78
  • my collection of stuff!!!! 017.JPG
    my collection of stuff!!!! 017.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 71
  • my collection of stuff!!!! 019.JPG
    my collection of stuff!!!! 019.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 71
  • my collection of stuff!!!! 018.JPG
    my collection of stuff!!!! 018.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 69
Everyone in this thread is a Brit! Is Burberry really popular there? I know it sounds like a stereotype, but tons of the Burberry bags on ebay seem to be listed from the UK. btw, do you call someone who wears a fake Burb a chav? I've heard the word tossed around before but don't know the context in which it's used.

Hi! was asked a very similar question by another lady from your shores,not sure which thread I replied to her in,but I googled Daniella Westbrook Burberry and a whole load of stuff including an infamous pic of her came up,quite horrific,especally for Burberry themselves, chav is such a derisory term over here and Burberry,real and fake,became their uniform...............................................absolutely horrendous, the photo here is quite a small portion of the original,the bigger one I really could'nt find,but I'm sure you get the general idea!

Attachments

• chav.jpg
    chav.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 109
Hi all, Love Burberry but Hate thier prices!. I think that burberry should lower thier prices on Duffle bags, speedy style bags and messenger bags. For what a Burberry bag costs, you can buy an LV bag and I think that LV is 100% more exclusive than burberry. There is a shop near my house and it sells all designer things...everything 100% authentic, its a butique style shop and it sells some burberry items of clothing and this shows that Burberry is not as exclusive as Hermes, Chanel, LV and Gucci but Burberry;s prices are the same. I just think that more people whould but the bags if they were less expensive :yes:

I'm late to this party, but here's my 2c: I have a Burberry camera bag in the grey pvc check material. It's wonderful and I love it, but I wanted something that would better match earth-tones. I figured that the perfect bag would be the LV Dimitri in Grizzli - WRONG! The Burberry bag is only 1/2 the price [~450 v. ~$920] and not nearly as 'exclusive,' but worlds apart as far as quality. The Burberry bag's fabric liner is more substantial and the zipper action is FAR smoother. I initially thought that Burberry's prices were exorbitant, but now I believe them to be fair and well-warranted.:yes: