Louis Vuitton Price Increase Master Thread

So i called my LV store to ask for something to be placed on hold. I also inquired about the recent price increases and why it has happened so close to each other when the previous increase was over a year and a half ago. Her answer, the prices all over the world has increased and the US stores had to catch up. REALLY? Oh, the best part was when she was telling me that the SAs are not notified a head of time about price increases. BS ....

So i called my LV store to ask for something to be placed on hold. I also inquired about the recent price increases and why it has happened so close to each other when the previous increase was over a year and a half ago. Her answer, the prices all over the world has increased and the US stores had to catch up. REALLY? Oh, the best part was when she was telling me that the SAs are not notified a head of time about price increases. BS ....

Actually the last price increase was in January 2011 - just 6 mos. ago, and it was a HUGE increase - like 15-18% across the board! The only reason the prices in other parts of the world increased is because of the economy and the US dollar is down - so them saying now the US has to keep up is just BS and doesn't make sense. I am really upset by this - nothing more than GREED

Actually the last price increase was in January 2011 - just 6 mos. ago, and it was a HUGE increase - like 15-18% across the board! The only reason the prices in other parts of the world increased is because of the economy and the US dollar is down - so them saying now the US has to keep up is just BS and doesn't make sense. I am really upset by this - nothing more than GREED

The SA I spoke to confirmed that there was another in the US on June 1st. There were TWO so far this calendar year. When I said previous increase in my first post, I meant pre 2011. I think I didn't clarify that in my first post, sorry if that is the case.

Last edited:
Prices have remained the same in Aus - havent gone up as yet - perhaps my SA didnt lie to me afterall.

When I made that post I had not realized that you are from Aus - I am new to blogging and have to learn to pay attention to other bloggers countries' of residence. Someone else though did point that out to me. Had you lived in the USA - then I was correct because SA's do know this info ahead of time, maybe not by much, but they do.

Does this price increase apply only to US? Or is there a price increase in Europe as well? :smile:

As I understand it (or so I was told) - the US prices were a bit lower than the non-USA prices mostly because the US dollar value is down. Louis felt (or so Louis says) that to keep the prices consistent they had to increase the prices in the USA again. I don't agree with what they did from an economic standpoint.

When I made that post I had not realized that you are from Aus - I am new to blogging and have to learn to pay attention to other bloggers countries' of residence. Someone else though did point that out to me. Had you lived in the USA - then I was correct because SA's do know this info ahead of time, maybe not by much, but they do.

Its weird the pricing over here. When l first purchased my Artsy MM about 18 months ago l paid about $1800 (cont remember the exact $) then a couple of months it reduced in price by $200, this also happened when l purchased the Insolite wallet - l paid $970 - then it went down to $850. I was so pi$$ed off. Then only 6 months ago l purchased the Astrid for $985, not it is $960 - but some go up but just a little. It seems so random, l just seem to always purchase at the wrong time when its at a higher price. LV are so scattered with their pricing, they are driving me nuts over here:graucho:

My SA said to me, price race come in Germany at thuesday 14.June. Increase 3% .
And I´am so stupid that I dosn´t bought the Speedy 35 today:pout: I was in the shop, but today it´s not my day. So I get out of the store without a Speedy 35 and now I´am angry with me:noggin:
But it is what it is;) Soon I´am smarter. So. I want to get in the store tomorrow, or I go on Friday next week with Price increase . I don´t know now.

OMG just checked prices on some bags I wanted to add to my collection and the prices are insane.
Vernis Melrose Ave - $3150
MC Speedy - 2670
MC Claudia- 2410

No more for me. I feel like they are trying to make some of their prices on par with Chanel and Chanel is trying to be on par with Hermes. ::sigh::

I didn't buy a bag but bought two cosmetic cases instead (almost cost as much as the bag but whatever....)! I was on a ban but hearing about the increase made me panic a little.
In February with the last increase I called the boutique and they held the last Azur Speedy 35 for me! I literally drove there from work in the pouring rain!
It's just crazy! (or maybe I am:lol:)