Louis Vuitton Price Increase Master Thread

I'm not happy about this latest increase:sad: I've told my lovely SA to put something on hold for me, but after the big jump in Feb and NOW THIS!! ughh! I guess I'll have to start putting more effort into looking into the pre-loved market.

I hear ya girl.
I wanted an Arsty but it became out of my price range after the Feb. increase.
I found a preloved one in excellent condition( the handle hasn't turned yet), at a reputable online consignment shop . Best part--- no tax,free shipping and I saved over $400 off retail price!!

My LVoe for LV is kinda wearing off (gasp) so the price increase only confirms that I should find something else to lust after. I can still afford the bags I like, but overall I'm just not as excited about LV.

Sadly, for sure....price increase of 6% is happening...tomorrow June 2nd. And today, there were a lot of people in the boutique purchasing like crazy! OMG....Many LV bags off the shelves and back room. People lining up to pay for their items....

I feel sad that Luxury brands are staking their profit margins higher, but quality is not any better....plus, what type of economy are we in right now, it's just a little too much from 15-18% a few months ago, and add on another 6% now. When I left, I saw my SA taping new prices on items...:oh:

OMG! This prices are insane. I am done with buying LV for a long time. I ran out and bought the MC Cosmetic pouch yesterday and boy Im glad I did. The MC Speedy costs almost $2700!! No more LV for me. I would just rather buy Chanel now. I really wanted a few MC SLG's and now I got all the ones I needed so Im DONE!!! No turning back now.

OMG! This prices are insane. I am done with buying LV for a long time. I ran out and bought the MC Cosmetic pouch yesterday and boy Im glad I did. The MC Speedy costs almost $2700!! No more LV for me. I would just rather buy Chanel now. I really wanted a few MC SLG's and now I got all the ones I needed so Im DONE!!! No turning back now.

They might as well explain the price increase with the good economic situation :lolots: One of LV's new bags for fall/ winter could also be called "speedy irony of situation PM" :P

Moving to Chanel will only be the same won't it? They seem to have higher, more frequent price increases than LV (or at least, they used to). Aren't Chanel gals moving to Hermes? I'm going to head lower, actually - wait for sales on other brands, head to Kate Spade (yes the quality isn't as good but I like the styles), buy pre-loved or vintage. My new policy is to focus on slgs/bags I love. And if my heart isn't racing then I won't spend over $500 on something.

Other posts have said that SAs aren't allowed to talk about price increases before they happen. Last time I talked to my SA (who wisely took this week off work :P) she said customers seem to have more information than they do! When I was at the store last night and tried talking about the increase the SA was pretty tight-lipped but when I asked general questions he'd answer. He thought the increase would be across the board, except for shoes.

I was turned off by Chanel's pricing several increases ago... the classic flaps are definitely not worth their current prices. I'd rather move onto Hermès.

As for LV, well... I just have to be very selective with what I want from now on.

I wonder how the sales increase will affect pre-loved items? I've seen a few auctions where older speedies are in the $500+ range....amazing!

Dear Cynergyfit -

In response to your post about the price increase and the pre-owned Louis market, I'd like tell you how I handle that.

I cannot afford to buy Louis retail just because I have a few extra thousand dollars laying around (I don't). I "fund" my purchases by selling my pre-owned items on eBay and then earmarking the money (or just keeping it in my paypal account) for another Louis purchase. If my pre-owned item now retails for a higher price - that means for a new Louis item, I will also be paying a higher price. When I list the pre-owned item, I say in my listing what the "current retail" price is.

I get hit with enough fees from eBay and Paypal (about $100 if a sell a $1,000 item) that if I sell a pre-owned bag/item for a discount off of what I paid for it before the price increase, then there is less money I have available to buy a new Louis bag after the price increase.

I guess you can say I'm also trying to keep a smaller profit margin window too so I can keep buying the Louis bags. Otherwise, as I said, I can't afford them.

:cool:

I got an email from LV today telling me to call regarding my order. When I called, I was told my order was cancelled because I had reached the order limit of 5 leather goods per year. I find that very annoying especially since I got that order in before the price increase. Is there anything I can do? I was told by the LV associate that I cannot buy anymore items till after 12 months.

I've wanted an Alma for a very long time. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of money to spend on luxury items. I went into the Troy LV to look at one the other day and asked about the price increase. The AS said "this one only went up $200, so not too painful." I mean he was nice but does he realize that there are two zeros after that 2? I'll continue saving but I don't know where you ladies keep finding all this extra money. Care to share lol?