Louis Vuitton Macy's Herald Square NYC

krenee27

Jun 7, 2008
Hi gals,
Do any of you know if you can use a Macys card if you are shopping at LV in Herald Square and if so, if you open a new account is the discount honored in the LV store? I doubt it but it's worth a tricky shot! Im after the new tivoli (along with everybody else)!
Thanks!

Hi gals,
Do any of you know if you can use a Macys card if you are shopping at LV in Herald Square and if so, if you open a new account is the discount honored in the LV store? I doubt it but it's worth a tricky shot! Im after the new tivoli (along with everybody else)!
Thanks!

LV is excluded from all Macy's discounts/coupons. Nice try!!! :smile: LV is a leased dept. at Macy's - all the employees at the LV inside of Macys are LV employees. The only thing is that they use a Macy's cash register to ring up LV purchases.

This is true also at the other LV locations that you see inside other department stores such as Bloomingdale's and Neiman Marcus.

Also, if you were to buy an LV gift certificate/card at the free-standing LV stores, you would not be able to use it at the LVs inside the department stores. I asked this question at the Bloomingdale's LV store once and was told that LV/Bloomies would only accept a Bloomingdale's gift certificate/card.

And yes, you can use the department store credit card to purchase LV items as the leased LV store is using the department store's cash register.

LV is excluded from all Macy's discounts/coupons. Nice try!!! :smile: LV is a leased dept. at Macy's - all the employees at the LV inside of Macys are LV employees. The only thing is that they use a Macy's cash register to ring up LV purchases.

This is true also at the other LV locations that you see inside other department stores such as Bloomingdale's and Neiman Marcus.

Also, if you were to buy an LV gift certificate/card at the free-standing LV stores, you would not be able to use it at the LVs inside the department stores. I asked this question at the Bloomingdale's LV store once and was told that LV/Bloomies would only accept a Bloomingdale's gift certificate/card.

And yes, you can use the department store credit card to purchase LV items as the leased LV store is using the department store's cash register.

Thanks so much for the info! Now I know where my AMEX points are going :nuts: lol

Yep - you can earn Saks points at LV (even on double and triple point days) and spend your cards there too. I love shopping at the LV store, but you can't beat the returns on the Saks points!

I didn't want to make a new thread about a similar topic...

Does anyone know if Macy's employees get their discount inside the Louis Vuitton stores located in Macy's? And while I'm asking, does anyone know if one can use 'Macy Money' in the LV stores (located in Macy's)?

Thanks!

I didn't want to make a new thread about a similar topic...

Does anyone know if Macy's employees get their discount inside the Louis Vuitton stores located in Macy's? And while I'm asking, does anyone know if one can use 'Macy Money' in the LV stores (located in Macy's)?

Thanks!

No, since LV is a leased dept. inside of Macy's, only LV employees would get a discount not Macy's employees. Now, do LV employee's get a Macy's discount? Not sure.....

Don't know about the Macy's Money question.... best to just contact Macy's and ask directly there or at the LV boutique inside of Macy's.

Does any one prefer the Macy's LV over the 57th Street location? I'm thinking of visiting Macy's LV next time I'm in the city. How is customer service and reception?

I prefer Macy's LV than 57th Street LV.
Personally the SA's at Macy's LV are more friendly, helpful, & will make sure that you are buying what you want and makes you feel like an VIP!!!
Certain items sell more quickly at 57th Street but once an while you can find something that has been sold out - ie they had a dentelle silver speedy earlier this year.
Rumor has it that certain Macy's employees get 20% off of anything in the store including LV but this is just a rumor.
However you can use your Macy's credit card and get rewards and other coupons towards other items. :smile:

I like Sade in the Macy's store everyone else is is kind of snooty. Whenever I go in there everyone just stares at me but no one approaches me. I don't like it, the 5th Avenue store on the other hand is amazing. I can't seem to stop singing them praises. I even converted a few of my friends over from the Soho store and Bloomingdales. Many people can agree with me on 5th Avenue. To me the only perk of going to Macy's is using my Macy's card. Either way, I think if you are coming on a trip you should try to visit both, as the selection is quite different. Good luck!