Louis vuitton interior stain

CGORO2

May 3, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Hey guys so ive been using my beaubourg tote in damier ebene and I actually noticed that there is this white stain on the interior fabric of the bag, I honestly have no idea what caused it, I was thinking that because of the bag being open all the time. I tried wiping with a damp clothe but didnt work, have you guys experienced the same issue or heard of some? What recommendations could you give? Or is it even repairable. Thanks in advance !

Last edited:

ivyle

its jes my opinion..
O.G.
Apr 30, 2008
USA
i believe its from our skin,,,,you can try brushing it off or using a dry towel patting it away???

boyoverboard

Obsessed and in LoVe
O.G.
Feb 9, 2010
United Kingdom
I don't think it's a stain either, it looks like mild discolouration, but I'm not sure - I have the Beaubourg in Ebene too and I don't see anything like that on my lining. Maybe ask if there's a way to clean it up the next time you're in the store?

CGORO2

May 3, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Yeah maybe it's not a stain I tried to clean it up by its not coming out, I tried pretty much everything I think I rubbed it too much, is there a way it could be fixed like to retain the brown colour again, otherwise I'm just gonna have to get used to it or get a new bag, I mean its not a big deal anyway but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

suemb

O.G.
Sep 12, 2006
So. Cal.
Do you reach into that cell phone pocket often? Looks like rubbing from your hand (sunscreen or moisturizers?)...

CGORO2

May 3, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Do you reach into that cell phone pocket often? Looks like rubbing from your hand (sunscreen or moisturizers?)...
Yes I actually do, I use hand moisturiser. Thats probably it. I dont think its fixable anyway because they can't just simply replace it, it's a whole fabric wrapped around the interior of the bag. Maybe I just have to get used to it.

Apr 14, 2012
New York City
I think it looks like discoloration from rubbing - either that its skin that's rubbed off. How long have you had it for?
I love that bag!

Ps hi fellow Brisbane LVoer!

CGORO2

May 3, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
I think it looks like discoloration from rubbing - either that its skin that's rubbed off. How long have you had it for?
I love that bag!

Ps hi fellow Brisbane LVoer!
It'll be one year on tge 6th of Feb.. (wow my bag will turn 1 year old) lol and yeah nice to know a fellow Brisbane LVoer!! :smile: I bought it at Louis Vuitton in the city

boyoverboard

Obsessed and in LoVe
O.G.
Feb 9, 2010
United Kingdom
If you use moisturiser often then that could very well be it. I recommend that if you're going to use hand cream or hand sanitiser when you're out and about, that you use products that are alcohol-free. I learned on the forum that products with alcohol (i.e. most of them!) can damage the leather and cause the glazing to separate. I don't tend to use hand cream while I'm out, but hand sanitiser is a must for me, and I switched to natural, alcohol-free hand sanitiser a while ago - it's actually much nicer. Much more moisturising than the gel-based ones that are full of alcohol and are probably drying the skin out. I use a brand called Quash and I really recommend it, it' s great!