Louis vuitton interior stain

May 3, 2012
Hey guys so ive been using my beaubourg tote in damier ebene and I actually noticed that there is this white stain on the interior fabric of the bag, I honestly have no idea what caused it, I was thinking that because of the bag being open all the time. I tried wiping with a damp clothe but didnt work, have you guys experienced the same issue or heard of some? What recommendations could you give? Or is it even repairable. Thanks in advance !

Last edited:
I don't think it's a stain either, it looks like mild discolouration, but I'm not sure - I have the Beaubourg in Ebene too and I don't see anything like that on my lining. Maybe ask if there's a way to clean it up the next time you're in the store?

Yeah maybe it's not a stain I tried to clean it up by its not coming out, I tried pretty much everything I think I rubbed it too much, is there a way it could be fixed like to retain the brown colour again, otherwise I'm just gonna have to get used to it or get a new bag, I mean its not a big deal anyway but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Do you reach into that cell phone pocket often? Looks like rubbing from your hand (sunscreen or moisturizers?)...

Yes I actually do, I use hand moisturiser. Thats probably it. I dont think its fixable anyway because they can't just simply replace it, it's a whole fabric wrapped around the interior of the bag. Maybe I just have to get used to it.

I think it looks like discoloration from rubbing - either that its skin that's rubbed off. How long have you had it for?
I love that bag!

Ps hi fellow Brisbane LVoer!

It'll be one year on tge 6th of Feb.. (wow my bag will turn 1 year old) lol and yeah nice to know a fellow Brisbane LVoer!! :smile: I bought it at Louis Vuitton in the city

If you use moisturiser often then that could very well be it. I recommend that if you're going to use hand cream or hand sanitiser when you're out and about, that you use products that are alcohol-free. I learned on the forum that products with alcohol (i.e. most of them!) can damage the leather and cause the glazing to separate. I don't tend to use hand cream while I'm out, but hand sanitiser is a must for me, and I switched to natural, alcohol-free hand sanitiser a while ago - it's actually much nicer. Much more moisturising than the gel-based ones that are full of alcohol and are probably drying the skin out. I use a brand called Quash and I really recommend it, it' s great!