Louis Vuitton DA Tahitiennes Collection - Bandeau

It is the Tahitienne Speedy B 30.

I'm sure it was nice when it was new. However, when I received it yesterday it had obvious blue color transfer. CS confirmed by my many excellent photos taken that this was actually indeed color transfer. Some lovely lady obviously wore it out for a spin with her blue jeans, returned it, and I was the lucky recipient.

It was bought thru the website...fair warning.

I was given two options by CS..

First, I was told by CS that since it is a bag that is no longer available that I can return it to them for a refund, but there are most likely no other bags to be had, so a replacement is not guaranteed. They told me they would "try" to get me a new one...and I would be a "priority". So, I'm willing to give them a chance for now.

My second option offered was to keep the bag and then I should clean the bag with soapy water...

REALLY, LV. Now I have to run rehab and rescue on a $1700 used bag when you should have sent me a new one in the first place?

I am both confused and appalled. This is not a $200 item....it is a $1700 item. How did this bag ever pass inspection?

That said, I want them to have a chance to make good on this offer to find me a "good" bag.

I appreciate that there are so many of you on this blog that would love this bag, regardless. I can empathize. I was in your place a week ago. For that, I apologize for my post ahead of time, as it is heartbreaking to want something beautiful and then not be able to have it. If you are lucky enough to snag one, I hope it is amazing, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for each of you. [emoji177]

Purse fangirl,

I don't think this is acceptable at all and I think most of the ladies on the purse forum would NOT want to keep this bag, because of the color transfer already on it.

What if you made it worse by washing with warm soapy water? Nah. I'm a bit disappointed in them for even suggesting that.

I really hope you can find a new one. I HATE WHEN PEOPLE USE BAGS AND RETURN THEM. seriously, if you're going to use a bag and send it back, can you make sure you don't ruin it? And why the hell would the store take it back?

Anyway, thanks for telling us about it. I'll be sure to inspect my online purchases very closely because of your experience.

By some miracle I was able to add the neverfull to my cart and place an order!!! The email confirmation came through, but the order is showing up in my account as 'pending order validation'. I'm half expecting it to get cancelled, but I was just so excited I had to share! I hope everyone gets the pieces they're looking for :smile:

Omg that's great!! I hope you get it. Fingers crossed for you lady!

Reactions: MsModernShopper
Omg that's great!! I hope you get it. Fingers crossed for you lady!
Thank you! I hope this ordeal can soon be over with! I'm also on a waitlist for it with my local SA and through customer service lol.

My heart was literally pounding in my chest as I clicked 'add to bag' lol. I was doing some online shopping earlier and thought I'd check the LV website for the billionth time again just in case. I do hope it works out. It says it should be ready to collect in store on Memorial Day, so we'll see...

Reactions: DeeCags03
Thank you! I hope this ordeal can soon be over with! I'm also on a waitlist for it with my local SA and through customer service lol.

My heart was literally pounding in my chest as I clicked 'add to bag' lol. I was doing some online shopping earlier and thought I'd check the LV website for the billionth time again just in case. I do hope it works out. It says it should be ready to collect in store on Memorial Day, so we'll see...

I know the feeling too well. I can't even admit to my husband what I'm doing on my phone, because he will make fun of me[emoji23][emoji23]

Purse fangirl,

I don't think this is acceptable at all and I think most of the ladies on the purse forum would NOT want to keep this bag, because of the color transfer already on it.

What if you made it worse by washing with warm soapy water? Nah. I'm a bit disappointed in them for even suggesting that.

I really hope you can find a new one. I HATE WHEN PEOPLE USE BAGS AND RETURN THEM. seriously, if you're going to use a bag and send it back, can you make sure you don't ruin it? And why the hell would the store take it back?

Anyway, thanks for telling us about it. I'll be sure to inspect my online purchases very closely because of your experience.

Thanks for your support, Fire Girl.... My hope is that someone from LV in a position to help make this right reads this post and just makes this right...I know they read these blogs. They can message me. In the meantime, buyer beware. Check your purchases carefully. Don't leave them in the dust bag. LOOK, LOOK, LOOK!

And I agree. Shame on you if you wore a bag, ruined it, and returned it. Karma usually has a way of finding you.

My son woke at 1am EST & I was able to score a mini pochette! thanks, son! 18-months-old and already helping mama buy bags.

Ugh- I checked at 3am and nothing- and have been up and stuck at children's hospital all day with my DD-I'm exhausted but I NEED this MP to end my day on a high note!

Refreshing and still nothing!

I hope everything goes ok with your DD.

Thank you- she has a bad episode of croup! Had to get some breathing treatments and steroids but we didn't get admitted like we did with our DS.
I was REALLY hoping a MP would end my looong day on a high note- I'm usually passed out by now- I think I'm past the point of exhaustion so I thought I'd stick it out a couple of hours and try the 10pm trick! Today is not my day☹️

Thank you- she has a bad episode of croup! Had to get some breathing treatments and steroids but we didn't get admitted like we did with our DS.
I was REALLY hoping a MP would end my looong day on a high note- I'm usually passed out by now- I think I'm past the point of exhaustion so I thought I'd stick it out a couple of hours and try the 10pm trick! Today is not my day☹️

Oh no! My son had croup too ☹️

The 10pm trick isn't working today ... and I was unable to check, because my husband kept talking my ear off about work.