Louis Vuitton Chat Thread

The longer strap I ordered for my damier azur noe bb came today, but I don't think I like it. I knew it was going to be thinner than the original strap, but it just doesn't look right imo. I like how it makes the bag sit lower on my hip, but I also don't love the way the clip looks where it meets the bag - the leather strap coming through the d ring there looks so much more lux.
View attachment 5802126View attachment 5802128
Original strap is on the left and the longer, thinner one, on the right
View attachment 5802131View attachment 5802132
agreed @Monogramboy. I much prefer the thicker strap. Love the bag and your smile:smile:

• Thanks
Reactions: Monogramboy
The longer strap I ordered for my damier azur noe bb came today, but I don't think I like it. I knew it was going to be thinner than the original strap, but it just doesn't look right imo. I like how it makes the bag sit lower on my hip, but I also don't love the way the clip looks where it meets the bag - the leather strap coming through the d ring there looks so much more lux.
View attachment 5802126View attachment 5802128
Original strap is on the left and the longer, thinner one, on the right
View attachment 5802131View attachment 5802132
the hook kind strap can easily lay it down or put inside the bag, while the original leather ones can't easily lay down, when I had GM & petit I let the strap sit on top of the bag, but with bb a bit fuzzy to lay the strap down, but agree with you, like the original leather look better.

Reactions: Monogramboy
Hello everyone! Next year i’m going to the U.S, and will finally be able to purchase my first LV bag (and also first high end bag)! I want a bag that i could carry day & night. Something stylish and classy.

I have been doing some research and I really love the look of both the Alma BB in Epi Leather and the Neo Alma BB.

For those who have one or the other or both. Which one do you prefer? Is there something I should be aware with any of the leathers? Which one is the more carefree option? Also if you have another bag suggestion, i’m all ears.

I’m also open to suggestions for an SLG, preferably something carefree also.

Thank you everyone. Really happy to have found this place. Everyone is so helpful. Can’t wait until i can call the bag mine .

Hello everyone! Next year i’m going to the U.S, and will finally be able to purchase my first LV bag (and also first high end bag)! I want a bag that i could carry day & night. Something stylish and classy.

I have been doing some research and I really love the look of both the Alma BB in Epi Leather and the Neo Alma BB.

For those who have one or the other or both. Which one do you prefer? Is there something I should be aware with any of the leathers? Which one is the more carefree option? Also if you have another bag suggestion, i’m all ears.

Thank you everyone. Really happy to have found this place. Everyone is so helpful. Can’t wait until i can call the bag mine .
Hi and welcome, I don’t own either, but I have ordered an Alma bb in Epi noir recently that I still need to collect. I have also been trying to decide between these two. I’m still debating with myself whether to exchange for empreinte because I love the gold hardware. I do think I would probably carry the Epi more because I find it to be more understated, but I do love empreinte more. Hard decision. I would say both are durable and would go day to night
Maybe if you repost your thread on the main part of the forum you will get more response. Perhaps even create a poll on the thread. Good luck deciding, please update with how you get on.

I can only comment on Alma bb Damier Ebene and Alma neo bb.
Concerning the structure of the bags I would 100% recommend the neo Alma- it is more relaxed and the leather is more forgiving if you need to stretch capacity once in a while. The strap is extremely comfortable and the lock is placed better than on the regular version in my opinion.

I would always go with empreinte- I have an empreinte key pouch I use everyday and literally throw around: it holds up SO WELL! :tup:
I think the empreinte can easily serve as everyday running errands bag, as well as for travel and going out. Love it!
And it is still one of the “cheapest” leather bags at LV.

I can not say anything about the Epi. Sorry.

Hi. I have the BB in empreinte, epi and DE, all bought within the last 2 years. I tend to use my epi ones the most because they are the most understated and “quiet” and I don’t feel like carrying a lot of logos these days. I love the look of the empreinte one the best because it’s the prettiest IMO and I feel like it can hold a little more than the other ones due to the soft leather. A few people have wear and tear issues with the folded corners of the empreinte one because the corners almost touch the surface when you set it down. I have not had this issue but I rotate my bags often and never use one bag for extended periods. Also the embossing of empreinte leather tend to fade a bit (become less deep) and stretch a bit over time so that may be an issue for some down the line. I have noticed that some empreinte Alma PM look kind of slouchy and lose their shape a bit over time — I don’t think it should be an issue with the BB size since it’s a smaller bag and seems a little more structured than the PM. I really love the look of the black epi BB and would have bought it if I didn’t already have the black empreinte BB. I think the black epi BB looks so chic and understated and I always admire it when I see one in the wild. The epi ones are stiff, durable and hard wearing — almost indestructible :lol: but you can get scuffs and scratches on them if you accidentally bump it hard against a wall, etc. Finally, the DE BB is such an LV classic that I felt I needed it in my collection. You can’t really go wrong with any of them IMO. Good luck deciding :smile:.

Hi there, Can someone please show a photo of where on earth the date stamp is for pre 2108 LV icare would be? I took it into the LV flagship today to get some new handles and to be sent off, but they could not find the standard sewn in label/date stamp ref. They have sent it off anyway in hope that LV might know where to look for the code so they can match the leather at the year of manufacture.
If you can please help it would put my mind at rest, there was NOT a sewn in tab inside the bag at all so am hoping its a hard to find heat/pressed code somewhere.
Many thanks

Greetings from Toronto! I was hoping to get your thoughts re: preloved bags. If you had to get new vs. Preloved.. which would you rather get: LV vs. Saint Laurent - based on availability in new/preloved market, resale value, and overall price. I am loving LV speedy B 25 and neverfull (damier ebene/azur) and saint laurent college, camera bag ans mini lou. I am finding in canada there are less trustworthy resellers/inventory. I have seen a lot of options on fashionphile but based on exchange rate it feels the savings isn't as worth it as just buying new. Sorry for all the questions would love to hear your thoughts! TIA!

Greetings from Toronto! I was hoping to get your thoughts re: preloved bags. If you had to get new vs. Preloved.. which would you rather get: LV vs. Saint Laurent - based on availability in new/preloved market, resale value, and overall price. I am loving LV speedy B 25 and neverfull (damier ebene/azur) and saint laurent college, camera bag ans mini lou. I am finding in canada there are less trustworthy resellers/inventory. I have seen a lot of options on fashionphile but based on exchange rate it feels the savings isn't as worth it as just buying new. Sorry for all the questions would love to hear your thoughts! TIA!
I think you had already answered your own question?

I wasn't sure where to post this but years ago I had a speedy 25 in monogram and after owning it for several years the piping was worn. I brought it to LV and they took it in for repair. It took like 8 weeks but they replaced all of the piping for free. Keep in mind this was probably 15+ years ago.

Do they still do this? I have a daimer neverfull and it's been *used.* It's in good condition but the edges are looking scraped up. I would like to get it refreshed. I would love to go through LV but I'm not even sure this is something they do now. I'm not a VIP, I've bought 4 bags there total, two of them in 2023.

Do they still do this?
Yes...and no, lol, Vuitton offers "care services" where they will replace the worn leather on a piece (assuming the canvas has no cracking). Whether you pay for it or not is at the discretion of the associate you are working with. If you have a relationship with a SA at an in-person store, this would probably be your best bet. Otherwise, you can download the Vuitton app and request an appointment under MyLV > My Care Services > Request a new repair. In either case, you will be quoted what the repair will cost (complementary or a fee) and you can accept or decline the quote to have your bag sent off to be serviced.