Louis Vuitton Chat Thread

I think I made the mistake of placing an order for an item in store, to be sent to the store.

Reading through threads, it seems I would've been better off ordering online and having it delivered - but I figured that I wouldn't be home and would have to pick it up somewhere anyway, and I thought the store would simply order one in as soon as I placed the order.

Now I'm wondering if I was simply placed on a wait list. All the while, the item is showing in stock online. It's not d/c - just that when I called Cust Service, they said my store had one but when I arrived apparently the item was taken off the floor because it was damaged. My receipt is titled "Waiting (Reserv.)" and the pick up date is March 8 - I placed the order on Feb 27. Does it seriously take a week and a half to have something brought to the store, or did I simply get placed on a waitlist for when they get more stock?!

It sounds a bit unusual - I wonder if it's just a random glitch in customer service. I've ordered previously online both to the store and to me directly, and both came really quickly. Fingers crossed it's sorted soon for you!

It sounds a bit unusual - I wonder if it's just a random glitch in customer service. I've ordered previously online both to the store and to me directly, and both came really quickly. Fingers crossed it's sorted soon for you!
Thanks! It did arrive on March 8, the exact date the receipt said. I have a feeling they did place the order for me, it’s just the SA made it sound like I had to wait until they got one in through regular stock! Also, I live in Canada so if it had to come from the NJ warehouse, probably added an extra day or two to clear customs.

I’ve never heard of that before.

I haven’t heard of this. Maybe call your store and ask if it is legit?

Maybe your former/usual CA left so he/she is being replaced?

Hmmm...thing is I have no idea which country it’s coming from, and I shop in a few, in Asia, Europe and USA. I do not have a regular CA or a local store in my state where I’m located now.

I am considering a Speedy B 35 in azur. I have the same bag in ebene and it is perfect for me in every way.

I will be my first new bag with vachetta, and I don’t want to treat it with anything. I want it to patina naturally and I am not worried about waterstains. I find them to give character.

But I am worried about the handles getting almost black/grey patina as I have seen on some bags (though on original Speedy, not B).

I use my bag as a shoulderbag most of the time. The rest is in the crook of my arm. I only carry it by hand very few times (getting out of the car and so on). I never have bare arms (only on vacation, and I would not bring the bag there). So it will be touching fabric and not skin.

I know there isn’t a guarantee, but does it sound like it would get those dark handles easily?

I am considering a Speedy B 35 in azur. I have the same bag in ebene and it is perfect for me in every way.

I will be my first new bag with vachetta, and I don’t want to treat it with anything. I want it to patina naturally and I am not worried about waterstains. I find them to give character.

But I am worried about the handles getting almost black/grey patina as I have seen on some bags (though on original Speedy, not B).

I use my bag as a shoulderbag most of the time. The rest is in the crook of my arm. I only carry it by hand very few times (getting out of the car and so on). I never have bare arms (only on vacation, and I would not bring the bag there). So it will be touching fabric and not skin.

I know there isn’t a guarantee, but does it sound like it would get those dark handles easily?
Apply the patina champ method