Louis Vuitton as a Gym Bag?

I have very often considered buying a used Cabas Alto or Mezzo to use for the gym. Its big & has some style! :graucho: Plus, I'm a religious gym goer, so its 'cost per use' would decrease significantly, thereby justifying the price! :P Unfortunately, I haven't found one yet that would fit into my currently challenged budget, so I'm going to have to stick with what I've got.

I must say I too got a kick out of the 'horror' of actually using an LV bag.:P I think its funny that some people don't want to use their bags, they worry about the bottom getting messy or the handles turning. No offense to anyone & I wish I had the chance to switch out bags due to rain, etc...but when I buy, I've got to get something I can use everyday. Not that I don't appeciate & take care of a nice purse, but I have to people to treat it for what it is, KWIM?

Hmmm I don't really see the deal with using LV for a gym bag. Like others have said on here, at the end of the day it's still a bag and it's meant to be used. Maybe not as harshful as that gentleman did though!

To each his/her own. I try not to judge others.

My gym bag is a Puma bag I got on sale, but I always bring my Chanel bags with me to the gym. I stopped using a gym locker because I'm afraid they'll get stolen one day, so I put them on top of a clean towel and on top of my gym bag and lug them around with me.

People have different lifestyles. *shrug* It's a shame that people mistreat their bags, but at the same time, it's their money.

Originally Posted by haute_confusion
Tbh...no matter how much it costs, it's still just a bag. To each his own, I guess. Personally, I wouldn't throw my Lv around like that, but other's might not have that attitude. I always find it funny that a lot of people automatically assume something's fake just because you don't coddle it like a child.

Originally Posted by Twinkle.tink"Excuse me??? I have used my evasion for my gym bag, almost everyday, for 5 -7 years now...I love it!

Gasp! How shocking, I actually use my bag...horrors! And no it doesn't smell, but then again I don't let my clothes sit in there and molt either...now that is yucky!

It is just a bag in the long run and as has been said its your money so do as you will. Its funny that this topic is raising so many hairs. When I said it must have been a fake, I put the laughing icon behind it because I was kidding..jeeezz. I don't care if you use a $10.00 or a $1000.00 bag as your gym bag its your choice. Personally in my opinion I wouldn't but that is just me. I don't think that we (those of use that had something negative to say) baby our bags I know I don't but its just my personal preference to not use it for that purpose. Just like the baby bag idea. I think it would be really cute..practical I can't really see it (babies use a lot of stuff) but again that is just my personal opinion. To each his own is what it boils down to.

PS: Twinkle.tink I love that bag by the way

Last edited:
just because he doesnt coddle his LV doesnt mean its a fake. maybe he just doesnt care. or, maybe he is using it the way it was intended. LV's are made to last. its not going to fall apart if you slide it across the floor.

both my parents use their keepalls as gym bags..they put everything in there (sweaty clothes, swimwear, food) and i think they look.., athletic/fashionable..lol
I think it's perfectly fine if you use big bags as your gym bag and as long as the design is suitable for anything...it's possible...dont u think??
btw, they had the bags since like..10 yrs ago and it's still in excellent condition except for the handle(got brownish coz of water/sweat lol) and it doesnt smell at all.

I bring my Damier Beaubourg to the gym but leave it in the locker. I don't think I could ever throw around my one and only LV bag.

However, I'm sure that guy has the luxury of tossing his bags around. I wish I did so I don't have to worry constantly about my bag getting scratched or stained. :smile:

both my parents use their keepalls as gym bags..they put everything in there (sweaty clothes, swimwear, food) and i think they look.., athletic/fashionable..lol
I think it's perfectly fine if you use big bags as your gym bag and as long as the design is suitable for anything...it's possible...dont u think??
btw, they had the bags since like..10 yrs ago and it's still in excellent condition except for the handle(got brownish coz of water/sweat lol) and it doesnt smell at all.

What size keepall do they use? I'm debating between using a Speedy 40 or a Keepall 50 (damier) as a gym bag. I'm just not sure if the Keepall 50 would be too huge and look odd!

I think it's completely normal, I don't ever bring much to the gym (cept water bottle, towel and ipod) so I don't need one but if I do then I would definetly get something in LV. It's durable, doesn't show signs of use that much, so why not?

I'm one of those people who don't understand why if you don't baby your LV then it's a fake? Sadly I used to abuse my mono speedy, since it was my everyday bag, and I would *gasp* leave it on the floor sometimes. Most likely the people who saw me did that would think that my bag is fake :shrugs: I do baby the bags that I really like or that I know get dirty easily, my WC Speedy 30 gets VIP seating at every restaurant that we go to lol.

It doesn't bother me much. I've seen plenty of gym members bring their LVs and I think it looks great! People should be able to wear their bags however they want to. Bags are meant to be enjoyed and it's none of my business what someone wants to put in there or how they treat their bag.

Granted, I wouldn't bring my LV to the gym for the fear of it getting stolen. I've heard stories of people cutting locks and stealing purses :sad:

My Dh uses his keepall as a gym bag, and is not very sensitive about his bag at all. He's one of those guys who will throw it around and not think twice about it. Honestly, he doesn't understand why I am so obsessed with my bags...he likes LV but does not LVoe it...I think lots of people are like that..they like designer goods, but they aren't exactly obsessed with the bags like most of us TPF's are..:shame:

I presonally wouldn't use one for the gym nor would I treat it badly. But that's because I have to be very nice to bags as I will eventually sell them on Ebay so I can afford to buy the next one.

If you have money then using a $1000 bag as a gym bag is no big deal.

And maybe his gym clothes don't get too sweaty - mine aren't very stinky at the end of the day ;)

ALT at Vogue has LV tennis racket covers and was photographed carrying a mess of other LV bags "at the gym" some time ago.. of course, he doesn't seem to be a regular at any fitness establishments, so the bags may not get much use.