"Louboutin Red" Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOT ALLOWED
. I have been taking mine to my cobbler and paying him to repaint them. I don't know why it never dawned on me to do it myself. Thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the experimentation bogeyjay :smile:, and passing on the knowledge to us so we can protect our lovely red soles!!

although I'm from the red-vibram camp, I'll keep the paint method in mind, as am sure I'll need it somewhere down the track, for touching up the actual heel or other parts not covered by vibrams :tup:

Bogey had the color mixed to fix up his wife's shoes. It's a water-based paint, and it's awesome. I use it a lot to fix up my lovelies when they get worn looking. The color is a match, but the finish is slightly less glossy (an oil based might be necessary for gloss) but it holds up really well.

Bogey had the color mixed to fix up his wife's shoes. It's a water-based paint, and it's awesome. I use it a lot to fix up my lovelies when they get worn looking. The color is a match, but the finish is slightly less glossy (an oil based might be necessary for gloss) but it holds up really well.

ooooo thanks Jet!!! as long as the colours match, gloss can be achieved with an additional lacquer if one insists... the words 'water based' is music to my ears, I hate oil based paints with a passion :P

NOT ALLOWED

ooooo thanks Jet!!! as long as the colours match, gloss can be achieved with an additional lacquer if one insists... the words 'water based' is music to my ears, I hate oil based paints with a passion :P

wonder if Bogey has shipped them internationally, I know I get nailpolish sent from the US, but what about paint?....

i have shipped a few jars internationally without any problems. i can't believe i've sent out over 30 jars of paint to everyone! the initial goal was to help me get rid of the gallon of paint that i had to buy. but i kept getting pm's from people asking for paint that i recently went out and bought a second can. at least they let me buy just a quart this time. i guess for the next can i'll ask them for a glossier finish :biggrin:.

THIS WILL GET YOU BANNED!:faint: I cannot believe you guys are all discussing this like it's okay! **READ OUR RULES**

Thanks bogeyjay!!! These are the first soles I attempted (keep in mind that I reaaally SUCK at painting even) On one heel I forgot to sand it down...but it really does make a difference when you sand it down before painting!! When the paint dried, it was a perfect match! Here are some before and after pictures!

Attachments

• CIMG1063.JPG
    CIMG1063.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 1,038
  • CIMG1085.JPG
    CIMG1085.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 911
Status
Not open for further replies.