LOUBOUTIN @ FIT MUSEUM (I went!)

japskivt

Jul 11, 2006
So I literally work up the street from FIT. A brisk 6 block walk. I went down there yesterday and it was a really small exhibit. I got yelled at by security for whipping out the blackberry (I got an e-mail) b/c they thought I was trying to take pictures.

They had some classic styles. Most are on loan from Louboutin himself. There were a few pairs that stood out. One was the crystal studded short cowboy boots for Dita Von Teese. There were black round toe pumps with a stacked heel that looked like a Guinness can. There were also these shoes made for the David Lynch exhibit (Erotica). They look like pointe ballet shoes. They are black patent and they are literally made to be on your tiptoes with the thinnest longest stiletto on the back. It was the length of the shoe. It was obviously not made for walking, but to make the body assume an erotic position.

They had the multi-colored glitter (I want to say NP's) and those were inspired by Dorothy (Wizard of OZ). There were embroidered flats and classic designs. There were also pumps that had the daisy looking cut out making up the front. The only reason I remember them is b/c they were at Off-Saks years ago for 200 dollars and I should have bought them and kick myself still for not snatching them up.

If you are in or around the city. It is worth the look. There is also a movie/interview on repeat that is worth watching. I'll probably go down again when I have more time to take a second look.

Hey it's not just a bunch of shoes. Mr Louboutin himself is actually giving a speech:

The Museum at FIT presents Spring 2008 Fashion Culture Special Events...
All programs are free. Reservations are required for all events, as space is
limited. Contact 212 217 4585 or [email protected].

CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN: The Man Behind the Red Soles
Wednesday, April 9, 2008, 5:30-7:30pm
Katie Murphy Amphitheatre, D building, 1st floor

Join Christian Louboutin as he explores the creative process of shoe design
and shares the people, places, and things that inspire him. In little over
15 years Christian Louboutin has built a fashion empire and become the most
influential name in footwear. His red-soled shoes have utilized wit and
glamour to embody the perfect blend of sex appeal and style. The Louboutin
brand epitomizes elegance, and above all, expresses the designer¹s
wholehearted dedication to women. *Special introduction by Diane Von
Furstenberg.

Hey it's not just a bunch of shoes. Mr Louboutin himself is actually giving a speech:

The Museum at FIT presents Spring 2008 Fashion Culture Special Events...
All programs are free. Reservations are required for all events, as space is
limited. Contact 212 217 4585 or [email protected].

CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN: The Man Behind the Red Soles
Wednesday, April 9, 2008, 5:30-7:30pm
Katie Murphy Amphitheatre, D building, 1st floor

Join Christian Louboutin as he explores the creative process of shoe design
and shares the people, places, and things that inspire him. In little over
15 years Christian Louboutin has built a fashion empire and become the most
influential name in footwear. His red-soled shoes have utilized wit and
glamour to embody the perfect blend of sex appeal and style. The Louboutin
brand epitomizes elegance, and above all, expresses the designer¹s
wholehearted dedication to women. *Special introduction by Diane Von
Furstenberg.

THANKS for posting this, purly. I am teaching a course this semester on the History of Fashion and one of my students is writing her research paper on MSR. Louboutin and I hope to be able to take a few of my students to the lecture. :heart::heart::heart::heart:

THANKS for posting this, purly. I am teaching a course this semester on the History of Fashion and one of my students is writing her research paper on MSR. Louboutin and I hope to be able to take a few of my students to the lecture. :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Make sure you RSVP! Industry folks usually fill the spots FAST.