LOST (the TV show)!!

lollapin said:
or blackmailed - maybe they told him that is what he needs to do in order to get his son back?

:huh: Yeah...blackmail did cross my mind as well, but I'm not sure that alone would be enough to influence him to follow through with shooting any of his 'colleagues'...for whatever reason, it seems he's there to fetch that beaten-to-a-pulp Henry guy.

No spoilers if you've seen it, but just in case:

Man, I was stoked that AL is gone. I really dislike Michelle Roderiguez and I was so ready for her character to DIE, and I was totally expecting crazy dumb Michael to blow her away. So that was awesome. But I DID NOT WANT LIBBY TO DIE :amazed: so hopefully she doesn't. Michael was totally alive in the preview (we were wondering if he had shot himself) and AL was totally dead, but Libby's fate is up in the air...
Apparently, woman on the island who have sex with a man of a difference race get shot shortly thereafter. This excludes Rose & her white husband, because they're married and probably don't do it anymore :nuts: just kidding. anyway, these were the theories we were coming up with.
I think stupid Michael made a deal to get Walt back, the same old trade: Henry for Walt.
I think the Others are faking their vulnerability, and the crazy-a scientist boat snatchers + Michael (?) are really setting a trap for Jack & everyone to walk into.
None of this is really brilliant, except maybe the interracial thing which so far has been proven true (I'm rather sorry that AL didn't live to bear a child by Sawyer, it would have been the most annoying kid in the world with a drawl and a fake tough attitude).

I love Lost.

I was totally shocked!!! I totally didn't see THAT coming (at least not in that episode)!!! Hubby had left the room and missed the whole thing! :amazed: I think Michael made a deal with the others to get Walt back...he seemed like he regretted having to shoot AL and he only shot Libby when she surprised him. :amazed: I can't wait until next week!!!:nuts:

mello_yello_jen said:
^ yea! I think I'm a horrible person to watch TV (and movies) with because I'll scream, cry, jump, at the smallest things. Man, can you imagine how loud I screamed yesterday...?! And I was expecting it!

I do the same thing, and DH thinks it's pretty hilarious/cute when I get so startled.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty convenient how the two chicks who were busted for DUIs IRL were shot/killed....

My sister watches "Alias" and said the bad guys changed their DNA in one episode to mask as good guys. Maybe Michael is really an "Other" in disguise.

mello_yello_jen said:
^ yea! I think I'm a horrible person to watch TV (and movies) with because I'll scream, cry, jump, at the smallest things. Man, can you imagine how loud I screamed yesterday...?! And I was expecting it!

My daughter and I kind of screamed at that too!

Sick4Marc said:
Ana lucia needed to be shot...how obnoxious she was! Michael has wigged. Methinks he may have been brainwashed.:weird:
I agree on the brainwashed! I think he was intentionally released by the others and told to suggest a battle because they are "few in number".(this is no doubt a trap) In addition I think they told him to kill as many as possible and release Henry to get Walt back.
He will do anything to get Walt back because of his guilt over signing him over to his wife years ago.l
I LOVE this show. Its good again!

I'm totally hating myself right now. I stopped watching Lost a couple weeks ago when they started showing repeats again. I missed Lost & everyone I talked to said it was the best episode of the season.

I could not be happier the Ana Lucia is gone. Bad acting all the way around.

OK: I think Michael is now an Other. I think Henry is the guy in charge. I think just having sex outside of marriage will get you shot. I don't think Libby is dead. I love the flashbacks.

Pursefanatic, just jump right back in! I started watching in the 2nd season. The great thing about the show is that no one knows what's going on, so you never really miss anything!! :lol:

Jill said:
Can you guys give me the 2 minute summary-I was watching but got an important phone call during this episode....missed ALOT!THANKS!!

DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW...

I'm sure I'm leaving out lots of details because there's always so many subtleties, but here's what I remember...

Michael (in the hatch) regains consciousness and tells everybody that he saw the others: there aren't too many, they live in huts, are mostly women and old men, and they too have a hatch that they keep guarded. He says they could easily infiltrate their camp.

Ana lucia got beaten up by Henry after shoving her face (and great big teeth) right in his (I hated when she would do that) to question him. Locke came to her rescue by bashing Henry over the head with his crutch. Ana leaves to ask Sawyer for a gun, which he refuses to hand over. In the midst of a wrestling match, they have an intense 'romp', after which she absconds with his pistol and returns to the hatch to off Henry.

Hurley invites Libby on a picnic, but brought only food and no blanket or beverages, so she goes to the hatch to get some wine...

...Meanwhile, back at the hatch, Ana Lucia is preparing to go in and shoot Henry, but tells Michael that she just can't do it. He immediatly, with no qualms, almost casually says "I'll shoot him". When she hands over the gun, he says he's 'sorry' and shoots her. Then Libby walks in and he shoots her (he almost looks startled when he does it)....duh, duh, duhhhhh....

Hope that helps with what you missed, Jill.

I'm dying to see what transpires next week too...

I just saw this last night on my Tivo!

I was speechless when AL got shot...but I had a feeling that that was going to happen, she was too volatile a character to keep on the show. Of course, the fact that she got arrested for drunk driving and served 5 days in prison didn't help either. I think Libby died as well.

I also think that Michael got brainwashed somehow. I wonder how they're going to have Walter on the show later on when it's obvious he's not going to look like a 12 year (11 year old?) boy anymore..it's been so long since he's been on he's not going to look like someone who was gone a 2-3 months.

I can't wait until next week's episode, it's about time they gave us something good to watch, some of the previous episodes were so slow.