Lost PP SNAD chargeback, buyer kept item AND money, now what?

It's been another month. I sent her 2 more emails to follow up on the return of the item. No response so far. Should I give her the ultimatum?

Your buyer may not have heard back yet & hence that could be why she is not responding to you.. It's been about 6 weeks ( your first post was Feb 18th)
so you may want to wait another week or so & then contact her again.
I think 60 days is a reasonable time frame for the finalized letter from the bank to come.
While I understand your patience is wearing thin, these matters always don't get resolved
in a timely manner that works as we would like them to.

Last edited:
Even though the buyer hasn't heard back from her bank/credit card company, she should, at least, respond to your message. Not responding to any of the follow-up messages is never a good way of working with others.

Agree the buyer should be courteous enough to respond & by not doing so, it just escalates the frustration for the OP
OP, do you think this buyer is waiting for you to offer to pay for the return shipping & hence no response?

Last edited:
The last time I heard from her she said she plans to return the item when she gets the "permanent credit" official letter from her bank.

Unfortunately, you are at her mercy in a manner of speaking. She is waiting for that letter to come from the bank & she plans to return the item
according to her
You now have to decide what the time frame is that would be acceptable to you now & what steps you are willing to take next
You can send her a letter of demand but that might incendiate her further & delay the return
of your item.
It seems that 60 days would be an appropriate amount of time for this matter to be resolved.

Last edited:
NOT all banks issue the so called "permanent credit letter". My last charge-back with BOA didn't. Bank confirmed to me that the instant credit I got was permanent and no further investigation or letter would be send to me.

Out of my 2 experiences with Chase, I only got a letter once. Probably because that involved some paperwork back and forth between the bank and I since I needed to provide them with documents to support my claim. For the other time, I received a credit back instantly and was informed by bank that the credit was permanent. Usually the 60 days (or longer) time frame is needed when the bank needs to investigate.

Sounds like the buyer already got her money back but is just waiting for a letter from her bank? If she already has her money back, there is no need to wait for that letter. In fact, it is highly unlikely that her bank will reverse that credit once she sends the item back. I have always been told by my banks that if I initiate a charge-back (for whatever reason), as long as I can show (ex: tracking #) that the item (defective or not) has been returned back to seller, the credit back will almost always be posted to my account instantly because I (as the credit card holder) can not be out the money and the product. Not sure if it's just my banks (Chase and BOA) but the impression I got from them was that I can almost always "force" a return. I'll pay the return shipping cost but I can technically return something even if seller has no return policy.

Your buyer seems to be taking the item as "hostage" when it's very unlikely that the return status of that item (since its a SNAD case) will have anything to do with the credit that the buyer received. Along with the unresponsiveness, my guess is that this buyer wants to keep her money and the item. May be she is even told by her bank to do this but got a surprise when you contacted her. I would politely contact her again and request that she states a definitely timeline for when she will ship back the item. Otherwise, I think she may indefinitely use the excuse of waiting for a bank letter.

I think you should be pro-active and tell her that her bank may never send a "final" letter but that the credit she received is final. Send a FedEx/UPS shipping label and tell her you have arranged for FedEx/UPS pick-up on such and such date and to make the item (might want to refer to it as your property which, since she was fully refunded, it is) available for pickup. I don't think you should wait for her to ship it back to you because she will not.

I sold a Gucci item. Buyer had a case of buyer's remorse and wanted to return with SNAD as an excuse (no return policy). I won the eBay SNAD case but lost the subsequent PP CC chargeback. The buyer's bank let her keep the item for free. PP said the bank's decision was final and won't help me further. Now I'm out of the item and with a negative PP balance from the chargeback. What recourse do I have to recover the cost of the lost item? The item in question costs ~ $700. Thanks!
Ebay just ruled against me. Customer made a SNAD and returned the items. What they sent was old junk with some items not even mine. I took pictures and filed a report against the buyer for abusing the return policy. Ebay ruled against me claiming their "sorry the item returned was not in original condition, but we're not responsible for that". Excuse me? The items where NOT returned, I got old and items I have never sold. Did not matter. Ebay claimed that "some sellers" take numerous pictures of other products claiming they didn't get their product returned..... In other words, my $112,000/year in sales and 10 year history didn't mean a thing to Ebay, while the buyer with 35 transactions over 5 years was found to be a Saint. I closed my Ebay store the same day.

Ebay just ruled against me. Customer made a SNAD and returned the items. What they sent was old junk with some items not even mine. I took pictures and filed a report against the buyer for abusing the return policy. Ebay ruled against me claiming their "sorry the item returned was not in original condition, but we're not responsible for that". Excuse me? The items where NOT returned, I got old and items I have never sold. Did not matter. Ebay claimed that "some sellers" take numerous pictures of other products claiming they didn't get their product returned..... In other words, my $112,000/year in sales and 10 year history didn't mean a thing to Ebay, while the buyer with 35 transactions over 5 years was found to be a Saint. I closed my Ebay store the same day.

This is EXACTLY why I refuse to sell on Ebay anymore.:shocked:

That will do it! You got my sympathy for getting junk from the buyer. The treatment one gets with a SNAD case from EBay is greatly different than without one. I went from one agent saying that they would buy the bag from me if they had money to oh it's SNAD like I am a criminal. :lol: These cases are filed for many reasons even when the item is perfect.

Last edited:
Reactions: kkfiregirl
I'm sorry this happened to you. Apparently it doesn't matter if it was a SNAD claim or not. With any return you may or may not get back your original item, in the condition you sent it. Regardless, you are required to give a refund. It happened to me but for much less money.

Unfortunately, you are at her mercy in a manner of speaking. She is waiting for that letter to come from the bank & she plans to return the item
according to her
You now have to decide what the time frame is that would be acceptable to you now & what steps you are willing to take next
You can send her a letter of demand but that might incendiate her further & delay the return
of your item.
It seems that 60 days would be an appropriate amount of time for this matter to be resolved.
Do you think I can get the USPS Postal Inspector involved for mail fraud if I put the letter asking for the item back in a box and send it to the buyer with Delivery Confirmation?

Do you think I can get the USPS Postal Inspector involved for mail fraud if I put the letter asking for the item back in a box and send it to the buyer with Delivery Confirmation?

This case is not about mail fraud... The package was delivered not tampered with.
Have you contacted her again? Let her know that you are willing to pay for return shipping
perhaps she feels she shouldn't have to spend any money sending it back to you..
She's non communicative & she may just be ignoring you & think you will get discouraged
& go away
If she doesn't respond, then you will have to take the next step & perhaps send that
certified letter..

Last edited: