Lost one of my stud earrings - I could cry!

I found the appraisal...I had them for 16 years so I guess I can write it off....what were you thinking about wearing a different earring in the other ear? something like a sapphire stud?

Yes, I have a diamond stud (but it's always been single). I only have two holes, one in each ear. With my diamond, I've done a large star-ruby cabochon stud (wg) which is one of a pair, a single oval sapphire stud (yg) also one of a pair a large black-opal stud oval (yg) in the other ear, but I've also done a pavé diamond (shape of a) star stud (wg) and a range of drop earrings including a Shaun Leane silver Hook which looked really edgy (I only have a single Hook). So long as there's correlation between the two, they look 'meant'. Maybe just have a play with what you've got.

Reactions: missie1 and sdkitty
I seem to have lost one of my diamond studs. I've searched all over the bedroom with a flashlight, looked in the washer as the top I was wearing got washed before I realized the earring was missing, looked in the car. I keep thinking maybe it will turn up but if not, IDK if I want to replace it. I haven't been wearing those earrings much lately. I could contact White Flash and get a price on one earring. Or look into lab grown. The restaurant where I wore them monday was closed yesterday. I'll call them and see if anyone found an earring there. I'm pretty sad about this but I think it's in large part because of the monetary value. It's not like me to lose stuff but I guess studs are easier to lose than most things. I lost one of mine during covid due to taking masks on and off but found it in my bra.
Any suggestions? thoughts on lab grown diamond earrings or where to buy them?
So sorry. I'm hoping it turns up when and where you least expect it. I'm not one to lose things either. I once lost a stud and was sick over it. Months and months later I took a plastic bin out of my closet and it was in there! Such an odd place and no reason to be there. I hope you have a similar experience BEFORE you replace it. Maybe just wear something else while you take a breather from looking and hopefully it'll turn up.

• Thanks
Reactions: sdkitty
So sorry. I'm hoping it turns up when and where you least expect it. I'm not one to lose things either. I once lost a stud and was sick over it. Months and months later I took a plastic bin out of my closet and it was in there! Such an odd place and no reason to be there. I hope you have a similar experience BEFORE you replace it. Maybe just wear something else while you take a breather from looking and hopefully it'll turn up.
yes, it could show up today, tomorrow, next year or never
thanks

• Sad
Reactions: Loriad
Yes, I have a diamond stud (but it's always been single). I only have two holes, one in each ear. With my diamond, I've done a large star-ruby cabochon stud (wg) which is one of a pair, a single oval sapphire stud (yg) also one of a pair a large black-opal stud oval (yg) in the other ear, but I've also done a pavé diamond (shape of a) star stud (wg) and a range of drop earrings including a Shaun Leane silver Hook which looked really edgy (I only have a single Hook). So long as there's correlation between the two, they look 'meant'. Maybe just have a play with what you've got.
I'll have to look in my jewelry box but I think the only studs I have are tiny sapphires...would probably look off balance with my larger diamond
Tried magnet - it worked on my earring but didn't find the other one

• Sad
Reactions: papertiger
I'll have to look in my jewelry box but I think the only studs I have are tiny sapphires...would probably look off balance with my larger diamond
Tried magnet - it worked on my earring but didn't find the other one

Darn. You know, you may find it one day. I found my Carter lion ring my mother gave me (and then hid from myself) and I thought it was gone for good. It only took me 10 years!!!

Did you ever doze-off wearing them on the couch or have a cat nap? That's what I do and that's when I lose my earrings.

I know you will have thought of all of these, be careful vacuuming, slide your hand everywhere, and when you make any bed double-check, shake everything. Could be in any shoe or caught sweater.

I found it! It was buried in the nubby bathroom rug. I'd looked there before but looked and felt again and there it was :smile:
I felt pretty sure it had to be in the bedroom or bathroom where I undressed and took my makeup off.

and the back was on it...I must have taken it off, put the back on it and then dropped it

Last edited:
I found it! It was buried in the nubby bathroom rug. I'd looked there before but looked and felt again and there it was :smile:
I felt pretty sure it had to be in the bedroom or bathroom where I undressed and took my makeup off.

and the back was on it...I must have taken it off, put the back on it and then dropped it
Yay!!!! I was sending you vibes and hoping you would find it!!! That is so awesome!