Looking for the fabulous compact used in the movie Midnight in Paris...

tomatored

Feb 20, 2011
This is crazy, but I have been wondering what the gorgeous and large round gold compact Rachel McAdams is using in one of the car scenes in Midnight in Paris. It's very large, round and gold and she used a brush with it...I'm totally obsessing. Any ideas who makes it?

This is crazy, but I have been wondering what the gorgeous and large round gold compact Rachel McAdams is using in one of the car scenes in Midnight in Paris. It's very large, round and gold and she used a brush with it...I'm totally obsessing. Any ideas who makes it?

Looks like you weren't the only one obsessed! :P I had to google it to see what you were talking about. The Guerlain compact I found below is simply gorgeous! I can't remember her using it in the movie though, I was too distracted by all the lovely handbags!

http://houseofcarney.wordpress.com/2011/07/20/im-obsessed-guerlain/

Guerlain.jpg

image from beautysteals.com

Last edited:
Yes, it's Guerlain's pressed Meteorites compact. You can make out the design in this picture I've attached.

Attachments

• 0718.jpg
    0718.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 847
  • _6294515.jpg
    _6294515.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 738
PortlandKelly said:
Looks like you weren't the only one obsessed! :P I had to google it to see what you were talking about. The Guerlain compact I found below is simply gorgeous! I can't remember her using it in the movie though, I was too distracted by all the lovely handbags!

http://houseofcarney.wordpress.com/2011/07/20/im-obsessed-guerlain/

image from beautysteals.com

Omgdness thanks! I'm so excited! I actually have looked at that compact before at NM and never bought it. You just made up my mind for me!

karester said:
Yes, it's Guerlain's pressed Meteorites compact. You can make out the design in this picture I've attached.

Fabulous! Thanks. Why I didn't come here for help first I don't know. Of course you girls would know or know how to find out. I'm off to NM to buy it right now. Happy new year!

tomatored said:
Omgdness thanks! I'm so excited! I actually have looked at that compact before at NM and never bought it. You just made up my mind for me!

I know the bags were TDF. Too bad I didn't like the characters carrying them, I kept thinking " you don't deserve that Channel you spoiled mean girl"! I loved the beaded wristlet Marion Cotillard.
's character carried too. Perfect.

hotshot said:
enjoy your Guerlain compact....

Thanks hotshot, I got a shipping notice today that it's on it's way! I found the gold one and bought it--very expensive but it's refillable and that's exactly what I've been wanting. My mother always had a metal gold compact by Coty and refilled it at the drugstore! We went there and she asked at the counter for a specific color every time and the man or lady opened a drawer and actually placed the refill in the compact for her. This was the 60's mind you. She also wore a coral lipstick in a gold tube but I cannot remember what brand it was. It always seemed to me so classy when she drew the compact out of her frame bag. I regret that as a teenager I thought she was out of touch and nagged her to discard the compact and the lipstick and the frame bag for a fringed hobo and a pot of lip gloss! So what goes around comes around I guess-I've been stalking the perfect compact for years and you all helped me find it! ( well Woody Allen helped a little too.)

Thanks hotshot, I got a shipping notice today that it's on it's way! I found the gold one and bought it--very expensive but it's refillable and that's exactly what I've been wanting. My mother always had a metal gold compact by Coty and refilled it at the drugstore! We went there and she asked at the counter for a specific color every time and the man or lady opened a drawer and actually placed the refill in the compact for her. This was the 60's mind you. She also wore a coral lipstick in a gold tube but I cannot remember what brand it was. It always seemed to me so classy when she drew the compact out of her frame bag. I regret that as a teenager I thought she was out of touch and nagged her to discard the compact and the lipstick and the frame bag for a fringed hobo and a pot of lip gloss! So what goes around comes around I guess-I've been stalking the perfect compact for years and you all helped me find it! ( well Woody Allen helped a little too.)

there are some wonderful vintage complacts & lip cases around especially
at antique shows... you can buy the empty cases put your lipstick
in the freezer and then shape it to fit in the case... it works!

yes, during the 60's & 70's all types of accomodations were done
when you bought beauty products...today, it's another story..

Last edited:
hotshot said:
there are some wonderful vintage complacts & lip cases around especially
at antique shows... you can buy the empty cases put your lipstick
in the freezer and then shape it to fit in the case... it works!

yes, during the 60's & 70's all types of accomodations were done
when you bought beauty products...today, it's another story..

Thank you! That's a great idea. If I can find the right vintage tube I'll give that a try. How cool would that be!

tomatored said:
Thank you! That's a great idea. If I can find the right vintage tube I'll give that a try. How cool would that be!

Well ladies I have used my beautiful Meteorites compact and brush for a few weeks now and I'm not disappointed. I'm so happy I got the refillable compact, it's just beautiful, and worth the price to me. I love the powder as well, very light feeling and flattering. Thanks for your help and encouragement. I'm so pleased!