Looking for the fabulous compact used in the movie Midnight in Paris...

katiesonfire said:
Wasn't sure if I could start a new thread but I'm looking for the lipgloss used in the most recent episode of Gossip Girl- Blair getting ready for her wedding; any ideas?
http://tinypic.com/r/14in7sj/5

Let me do a little work.. I was so happy someone helped me find my compact I'd like to help too. I think it's Chanel the tube looks right but the ladies here know a lot more than me...

Ah thank you! I was looking at the CHANEL glosses, but to me the tube seems to be a different shape? This one seems to curve out before the lid and CHANEL gloss is in a rectangular shape right? I'm definitely up for being corrected here! This would be the perfect gift for my gossip girl fanatic of a friend! Any help is much appreciated.

LOL, I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who was intrigued by whatever Rachel McAdams was using during the car scene. I'm not a big fan of pressed powders, but I'm definitely tempted to buy them now!

tintinloves said:
LOL, I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who was intrigued by whatever Rachel McAdams was using during the car scene. I'm not a big fan of pressed powders, but I'm definitely tempted to buy them now!

I know. I was obsessed til I found it and possessed my own! But the best part is that I truly love the powder. I don't wear foundation so the powder is convenient and serves to even out my skin tone.. I'm ahem over 50 and I was worried the powder would draw attention to my "mature" skin but no it's just the opposite. I think the colorful meteorites blend and hi lite and actually disguise some of my flaws.. It's light enough too that I never look or feel powdered. and I love to take out that compact and brush--I feel soo glamorous!

katiesonfire said:
Ah thank you! I was looking at the CHANEL glosses, but to me the tube seems to be a different shape? This one seems to curve out before the lid and CHANEL gloss is in a rectangular shape right? I'm definitely up for being corrected here! This would be the perfect gift for my gossip girl fanatic of a friend! Any help is much appreciated.

Hey katiesonfire I'm still working on it.. Several people I've talked to think Chanel too, but I'm going this weekend to my VonMaur store and the SR at Chanel will know for certain. He's awesome.

Hey katiesonfire I'm still working on it.. Several people I've talked to think Chanel too, but I'm going this weekend to my VonMaur store and the SR at Chanel will know for certain. He's awesome.

Oh brilliant thank you! I've been following the chat in the CHANEL thread and I'm once again glad I'm not the only obsessed one!!
I bought the standard Meteorites compact (the black one with the pink design) but I"m pretty disappointed that its got a 'nude' powder, instead of the lovely brightly coloured one you get in the limited edition! I can't even buy the coloured balls as my store is ALWAYS out of stock. So tempted to buy the gold compact as well...worth it?

katiesonfire said:
Oh brilliant thank you! I've been following the chat in the CHANEL thread and I'm once again glad I'm not the only obsessed one!!
I bought the standard Meteorites compact (the black one with the pink design) but I"m pretty disappointed that its got a 'nude' powder, instead of the lovely brightly coloured one you get in the limited edition! I can't even buy the coloured balls as my store is ALWAYS out of stock. So tempted to buy the gold compact as well...worth it?

Ok katiesonfire my SR at Chanel in VonMaur says it is a Chanel Imaginaire.. We looked at several pics of that scene in GG and we THINK the angle she's holding the tube makes it look tapered at the top as you said , and he told me several people had asked about it before me! Ha! So there you have my best effort. Hope we're right and that this helps! oh ya girl-- get the gold compact from Guerlain I love mine more every time I use it, and I don't think it's a bad price to pay for a refillable that I use everyday and most evenings.. . It's not a luxury item if it's that useful to me. Just my opinion tho.