looking for a wife's gift

Hi guys. Im seeking to find help for my wife's birthday. This will be her 1st Chanel bag so do you have any recommendations? I wanna surprise her.
Also is 3k USD a good budget? Thanks so much!

Depends on what you are looking for. If you want to get a medium sized classic type bag you would need to increase your budget by a few thousand.

In your price range you could get a smaller bag, a wallet, ready to wear, shoes, and other small accessories.

I would highly recommend calling your local store and booking an appointment to shop with your wife in order to turn it into a fun day together. The reason being that bag choices can be very personal and it is hard to choose the perfect bag for someone else.8D78463D-49A8-4E39-AFD0-7A65006A6D22.jpeg

Last edited:
I think the boutique visit will be a good suprise. They offer in-person and virtual appointments. If not and you want to stay on budget, I think a wallet on chain is a good starter bag. They retail for $2,500. Surprisingly, they hold a good amount. If you are okay with increasing your budget another $1,000 you could get a mini flap bag. It is similar in style to the classic flaps which are quite expensive just smaller. Another good option would be a tote if she likes larger bags and you want to stay within budget. I believe the cheapest one is around the $2,400 mark.

I think the boutique visit will be a good suprise. They offer in-person and virtual appointments. If not and you want to stay on budget, I think a wallet on chain is a good starter bag. They retail for $2,500. Surprisingly, they hold a good amount. If you are okay with increasing your budget another $1,000 you could get a mini flap bag. It is similar in style to the classic flaps which are quite expensive just smaller. Another good option would be a tote if she likes larger bags and you want to stay within budget. I believe the cheapest one is around the $2,400 mark.
i will look into these options. thanks so much! :smile:

I'd definitely prefer my husband to surprise me with a day out and an appointment at the boutique rather than picking a bag himself :biggrin: you can always brief the sales associate beforehand so she can pick a few pieces within the budget. It will be lovely and she will remember it! You could turn it into a whole day trip out and go for a nice lunch afterwards.

Hi! I am actually new to PurseForum and I am also seeking some helps. I posted a new thread about 30 mins ago. Is it possible for you to swing by?

Depends on what you are looking for. If you want to get a medium sized classic type bag you would need to increase your budget by a few thousand.

In your price range you could get a smaller bag, a wallet, ready to wear, shoes, and other small accessories.

I would highly recommend calling your local store and booking an appointment to shop with your wife in order to turn it into a fun day together. The reason being that bag choices can be very personal and it is hard to choose the perfect bag for someone else.View attachment 4804287

I have always said a handbag is like a woman's best friend. It is incredibly difficult for someone else to pick one out for her.
Perhaps you could make the whole shopping experience the gift... a lovely lunch out with flowers and champagne and then a surprise visit to the boutique. However, having said that, she might go straight to a bag that is over the budget and that would not be good. Good luck, you are a winner of a husband for wanting to give her such a lovely gift.

I'd definitely prefer my husband to surprise me with a day out and an appointment at the boutique rather than picking a bag himself :biggrin: you can always brief the sales associate beforehand so she can pick a few pieces within the budget. It will be lovely and she will remember it! You could turn it into a whole day trip out and go for a nice lunch afterwards.

ohhh that's a good idea! we'll probably get some chinese for lunch afterwards hahaha!

I have always said a handbag is like a woman's best friend. It is incredibly difficult for someone else to pick one out for her.
Perhaps you could make the whole shopping experience the gift... a lovely lunch out with flowers and champagne and then a surprise visit to the boutique. However, having said that, she might go straight to a bag that is over the budget and that would not be good. Good luck, you are a winner of a husband for wanting to give her such a lovely gift.

thank you thank you :biggrin:

any suggestions though for a first bag if the budget went up to 5k?

ohhh that's a good idea! we'll probably get some chinese for lunch afterwards hahaha!

thank you thank you :biggrin:

any suggestions though for a first bag if the budget went up to 5k?

Depending on how much she plans to carry she might be super happy with a classic mini (3.6k -3.8k USD). It is a very popular bag and comes in lambskin currently.

They also have seasonal varieties that are made of tweed, with sequins or other types of embellishments.

Comes in both classic quilted leather and a chevron.

Last edited:
Reactions: dc2005